What Were You Thinking? - Therapy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Why not?" Jan asked. "I wanted to try feeling Rodger fucking me again and doing it over and over for the weekend. Why shouldn't I?"

"Because that's not what married people do if they love each other and want to stay married!"

"That doesn't make sense," Jan exclaimed. "If it's my body and my choice, then why shouldn't I have sex with whoever I choose?"

"Because that's not how marriages work," he insisted. "Once you decided to get married, you chose Ted. And you should remain faithful to him."

"So, if a woman wants to try another guy," Jan looked at him with an incredulous expression, "she can't remain married? That doesn't make any sense. Women change their minds all the time, and they remain married. What woman doesn't watch a movie with George Clooney and wonder what he'd be like in bed? And if she had the chance to do it one time, why shouldn't she?"

"I agree," I added, looking at my wife. "How many times have we watched a porn movie and I said I'd like to see you taking that guy's cock?"

"That's only because you want me to get over my gag reflex for you," Jan replied dismissively.

"Fantasies are one thing," the therapist said, sounding a little frustrated. "But they should remain fantasies, and not acted out in real life."

"Why not?" I asked surprised. "Why shouldn't I give her something she really wants? Don't you ever want to give your wife something she just dreams about to make her happy? That would be rather selfish of you to deny her a fantasy, if you could allow it."

"But extra-marital sex is not allowed in a loving marriage," he insisted, his voice rising a little. "Monogamous marriages are part of human nature."

"That's not true," I countered. "There are other cultures where husbands allow and even encourage strangers to have sex with their wives. In small tribal cultures, that's a survival instinct which injects new genetic material to overcome genetic drift in small populations. Your postulate would suggest that those members of small populations are incapable of love."

"We're not talking about small remote tribes," he went on "You are here, living in this culture where extra-marital sex is seen as detrimental."

"That's not true either," I countered. "During the 1960s and 70s, the culture of the United States and many other parts of the world went through a sexual revolution, promoting sex for fun. Consider such popular songs springing up, like Tina Turner's 'What's Love Got to Do with It?' or 'Love the One You're With' by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. And what about the numerous sex workers or porn stars? Are they incapable of love and marriage? You would ostracize and alienate a significant percentage of our population with your ideas that love, sex, and marriage are all tied unbreakably together!"

The therapist sat there, apparently not knowing how to respond.

Filling the awkward silence, I went on, "In my experience, extra-marital sex is only a problem if one or the other of a couple has ego issues, suffers from insecurity, or in some way think they should own their spouse's body. If a guy feels threatened by his wife wanting sex with someone else, he's insecure about his own masculinity. So, if you can't watch your wife enjoy sex with another guy she wants for a brief fling, that indicates a problem in your own mind."

"How do you know it's a brief fling?" he asked. "Perhaps you doubt that Jan still loves you, and she might want him instead."

"That would be her choice," I replied as if it would be an irrefutable fact. "We've always had the pact to never lie to each other and give the other two weeks' notice if we want to leave. I wouldn't stop her."

"Then how can you say you love her, if you won't fight for her?" he asked.

"Love works both ways," I pointed out. "If she loves someone else more than me, and she wants to leave me, then what would I be fighting for? Sloppy seconds of her love? If she can fuck another guy without loving him, I know I still win. But if she decides to leave me for him, then I'd be better off getting over it and moving on."

"Extra-marital sex is just not normal or allowed in our culture!" he said sternly.

Jan and I were sitting beside each other, both of us seeming to stare at him at the same time as he said that. Then we almost simultaneously looked at each other before turning back to him.

I began trying to enlighten him by calmly speaking slowly and enunciating each word. "A few years ago, over two million mostly men's names were revealed from the Ashley Madison cheaters website. In the 1990s, the married U.S. President had a mistress showing up to give him blowjobs in the Oval Office of the White House. With new genetic test methods, many people today are finding they have siblings they never knew existed from extra-marital trysts by their fathers. And some people are finding their own siblings don't all have the same father, because of their mother's infidelities. Those are just the tip-of-the-iceberg of extra-marital sex which resulted in pregnancies! And do you realize how popular swinger web sites have become today? There are several different websites dedicated to swingers with tens of millions of accounts. Then when you add in all of those in gay, lesbian, and other sexual partnerships, ... These facts seem to contradict your beliefs of what NORMAL sexual relations should be."

"I can't help you two," he finally admitted "as long as you're insisting on continuing extra-marital sex."

I just smiled as I nodded my head in agreement. "And that's what I already knew when I came in here." I turned to my wife saying "Those other kids in high school, the popular ones who dissed us, the bullies and tormentors. Those are the types he sees as 'normal', and they're the ones who now need counseling. He thinks high school outcasts of our generation like you and I are outliers, not normal. Have you had enough here?"

"He does seem to be overly judgmental and sure of himself," Jan nodded, as if in defeat, adding "At least we tried."

Back to Not-Normal

When we were in the car and driving home, the initial silence between us was palpable. I could still feel the tensions of the unknowns. So, I started by asking "Did you enjoy waking up with Rodger?"

Jan sat there thinking for a few seconds before taking a deep breath. "Not as much as I thought I might. The fantasy wasn't as good in real life." She paused then continued "... That Saturday morning, he woke first, and he didn't know his way around our kitchen. I had to get up to make my own coffee. And you know how I am, before my first cup of coffee."

"Yeah, you don't talk and can be a real bitch until the caffeine kicks in."

Jan smiled at that comment, saying "But I'm YOUR bitch! ... Anyway, I had to clean up the kitchen and the drinks from the previous night, something you always do before I get up. ... Then the second morning, he got up early and made the coffee. But he brought the first cup to me in bed. It was a nice gesture, but you know I never drink coffee in the bedroom. ... I don't think I ever realized how much I like those little things you do for me; making the coffee and cleaning up the dinner stuff before I get up. So, Rodger would have potential to be trained if I felt like making the effort. ... How about you and Brenda? Did you have fun?"

"It was pretty much the same as with you and Rodger, not unpleasant... just different. When I got out of bed, she woke and followed me into the kitchen. Then it was a little awkward with her there because I couldn't read the news like I usually do before you get up. And other than when we were fucking, it's like 'What do I do with her?' So, I took her for walks in the woods and down to the dock and out on the lake. ... When I pulled into the driveway Friday evening, I saw that fireplace wood pile the guys dropped off earlier in the week, and it was nagging at me all weekend! You know they always split those logs in a size too big for me to control the fire the way I like. And I've told them to split them smaller!"

"I know," Jan said with a chuckle, then added "I always pay them extra to keep the logs big, to give you something to do."

"Bitch!" I said in a joking tone.

"You seem much calmer after a few hours of log splitting," she pointed out. "And if you didn't like doing it, you'd buy a log splitter instead of doing it by hand using an ax!"

"So, after breakfast Sunday," I continued, "I sent Brenda on her way and went to work on that woodpile. ... After I graduated college that summer, we never really lived together. You continued living with your parents and I stayed with mine. What made you so sure we should get married? You could have just moved with me to my new job."

"I felt comfortable with how you treated me for those five years we dated on and off. And I knew it would continue, with or without that marriage license," Jan admitted. "I didn't need you for money or safety or anything else. I could have moved away from my parents anytime I wanted, on my own. But with as fucked up as my mother was over my brother's death and with me, her own child, ... I think I just wanted to try having kids of my own, to see if I could do a better job of raising them."

"So, I was just a sperm donor?" and I laughed. "That still doesn't answer why marriage."

"I wanted you because I trusted you," she replied. "As for marriage, it's just something I saw that kept my dad hovering over mom, trying to help her, even with her problems. The marriage license gave us your last name and made us a family. And maybe it was just for the control it gave me over you, and assurance that you'd stay with me. ... Other than me insisting, why did you agree to marry me?"

"I grew accustomed with how you treated me, and I liked our routines together. And I wanted to make you happy. The kids were a bonus."

Jan hesitated for a few seconds before responding. "... I'll never see Rodger again," she said quietly, with a definite assurance that she was over him.

"I still have no problems with you sucking and fucking Rodger again," I assured her. "If you want to, as long as you're honest with me... and as long as you're still taking care of my needs, I would be okay with you even spending another weekend with him. But give me two weeks' notice if you want to leave me."

"It might take longer than two weeks if you ever leave," Jan said sternly. "I expect you to document all of your technical junk at the two houses! I don't know how those servers, backups, and other gadgets work."

"Nothing's free, bitch! If I have to document that stuff, it will cost you daily blowjobs until it's done."

"We'll see," she replied with a chuckle. "Maybe I'll outsource and invite Dan and Maggie, so she can take care of you." She paused in thought before adding "... I just want to know you'll be with me ten or twenty years from now, ... that I can plan trips and our life together, knowing you'll be there." After another brief hesitation, Jan sternly added "But I still don't want you seeing Brenda, again!"

I shook my head, saying "Hey! YOU! set this new standard between us!" Then I chuckled before saying as a light-hearted challenge: "So, just try to make me want to stop seeing her!"

My wife's eyes briefly went wide in shocked surprise, then narrowed as she glared at me. Her slightly angry expression melted into a mischievous grin.

"Game on!" she said loudly in the teasing, controlling tone I've come to love in her. She opened her mouth, seductively and slowly circling her lips with the tip of her tongue. Then she leaned over to look at my lap and reached to begin tugging the zipper. She looked up at me, as she fished my cock out of my pants, her eyes glistening in lust. "I might just take you up on your suggestion of another weekend with Rodger. But I'll keep you drained, and you're not going to have anything left for Brenda!" she announced in a snarky tone. Then she dove her head down taking me into her mouth.

I kept my eyes fixed on the road as I smiled, knowing this was going to be a long, amazing drive. The girl I chose to marry was returning to me.

My bitch is back, and she's in the mood!

Epilogue

After the strange couple left the office through the door to waiting room number two, the therapist leaned his elbows on the desk and put his head in his hands, rubbing his temples trying to relieve the tension. Then he straightened and pressed the intercom button on the phone to his receptionist.

"Margie."

"Yes?" she answered.

"Could you call around and check with some of the acting agencies. Try to find out which one sent those two? Then I need to figure out which of those assholes at the Psychologist's conference put them up to it."

"How do you know they were actors?" she asked.

"Nobody's that odd," he insisted. "And he seemed to be following some script, with all of his memorized statistics."

Margie replied, "Your next appointment is in waiting room one."

"Remind me. Who's next?"

"This is Gretchen and Zack," she replied.

"Oh, yeah," he responded, "the former high school cheerleader and captain of the football team! High school sweethearts. How long have they been coming here?"

"The file says two or three times per year for over twenty years."

"Tell them I'll be with them in about five minutes," and he hit end call on the intercom.

'Fridged wife and the husband nagging her for anal sex,' he thought. 'She probably found him with a hooker, ... again! If she ever gave in and tried the strap-on, I'd have one less pair of clients. But at least they're normal, or at least I can talk them back into it. Not like that last pair of weirdos.'

He reached to the center desk drawer, opening it, and withdraw the hand mirror, small straw, and small baggie of white powder, thinking 'A quick pick-me-up before the next session, and I'll be ready again to help the world!'

The End

#####

Author's Postscript: Many of Ted and Jan's exploits can be found in my Lifestyle series and other standalone stories.

Besides my story, "What Were You Thinking?" detailing Jan's latest indiscretion, her meeting Rodger in the airport bar and at the swinger party is detailed in chapter 13 from Rodger's point-of-view "Lifestyle Ch. 13 -- Single Swingers"

Another story "The User Guide -- A Geek Pride Story" I wrote over a year ago shows how the geek Ted thinks. He wrote his user guide describing how to handle his bitch of a wife, Jan. If you read that story, pay particular attention to the User Guide notes, which describe his warnings about her quirks.