When a Wolf Finds His Heart Pt. 02 of 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Afterwards, he shifted to let her down, to let her skirt fall back into place, and then Grigory turned towards his pack leader with a frown on his face. He didn't expect the man's hand to connect quite so solidly just below his left eye, but Grigory didn't have enough time to think about why he'd been punched, or how hard, before his world blacked out and he fell in a heavy pile on the foyer floor.

Sergei stood over his limp form glaring, breathing hard as he tried to calm the fury within him. He counted to twenty before he looked up at his wife.

"Sergei?" Anya frowned, her lower lip trembling as she looked up at her husband.

He pointed to the staircase and she heard his command loud and clear.

~*~*~*~

BiBi had been so terrified of getting out of the car when Grigory had shifted it into park and stepped out, that she'd almost locked her door before he could open it. Then, she'd almost went into a full-blown panic attack when she'd considered unbuckling her belt and had to steady herself before even attempting to do so, shocked that she did it without difficulty. Getting out of the car had been an exercise in self-pain and she would have sat back inside her car, the only safe space she felt she had right now if he hadn't moved his warm palm under her elbow to hold her where she was.

Actually taking steps, however, had caused physical pain, and she was sure that with each movement forward, a piece of her body chipped off and fell on the ground behind her. Her ears rang, her head throbbed, her stomach had literally slipped halfway up her esophagus as he stopped in front of a man that was average in height, looked a little older, much more weathered, but very very lethal in the front doorway. He reminded her of a Sean Penn mix from the Secret Life of Walter Mitty and Mystic River, or something, there was just something very earthy and dangerous about the man that should have looked less so than the man who'd led her to the door.

She'd known there would be talk that she couldn't hear, at least if Grigory had been telling her the truth about himself, about what he was, about his pack. She had expected it. But it seemed like a great deal was being communicated without her understanding what was happening.

"Grigory." The man within the door had been the first to speak aloud.

"I visited Alex and Domino. They told me about Hannah." Grigory's response made sense, but it felt like there was more that wasn't being spoken, and she began to feel more like the odd one out, the outsider. And she was.

"We cannot find her." The man in the door spoke aloud again, his moody looking eyes meeting hers again. He was waiting for Grigory to acknowledge her, but as of yet, the man at her side was failing to do so.

"Can we come inside?" Grigory's voice was cautious, the tension between the two men was thick. Smoky.

The man, Sergei, his pack leader nodded and waved for them to enter as he stepped back from the doorway.

"Grigory." BiBi heard the faint female voice and held her breath as she looked over at the way too beautiful woman who came into view. She was short, but a bit taller than BiBi, with hips that were slightly wider. Her hair was dark, and her eyes were lighter, but BiBi couldn't tell the shade from where the woman stood, her arms hugging herself near the doorway of one of the back rooms. She was delicate, feminine, and wore a pale green shirt with a white sweater over it. She looked exactly like the type of woman she would expect to see Grigory with. Exactly. And it stabbed her like a knife in the chest and she felt her eyes cloud up as she waited for Grigory to tell them, to tell them something. Anything, about how much he loved her. That he wanted to be with her.

She knew the woman had wanted to step towards Grigory, but there was a tall, lithely-built man with black hair and light eyes that had stood beside her, his hand on her arm as she tried to move forward. In the end, she didn't have to move, Grigory moved towards her, and away from BiBi.

"Anya." Grigory's voice made her gut disintegrate into dust and her heart beat hard as a drum for a few awkward moments and then stopped all together. It was full of how he felt, how he cared, how he needed, ....Anya.

"Are you home?" Anya asked him, her voice desperate and BiBi heard him whimper again, knowing the wolf in him caused the sound to be more intense, more wild. He stepped away enough that he had lowered his hand from her arm and she was left alone just within the door, and she ignored the enormous dark-haired man that was slowly shifting to stand beside her, his face riddled with concern.

"I'm home." BiBi was sure that he killed her with those words. Dead. No longer alive. Unable to bring air into her lungs. He growled now, and she watched with eyes that burned and weeped and she moved her hands up to cover her mouth, to shield them and herself from the cries threatening to pour out of her throat as he moved to stand up against the front of the brunette, and then he was kissing her like a man starved, putting everything of the way he craved her into the movements of his body as she responded in kind.

"Grigory." She knew it was Sergei who spoke, and knew he was getting angry with the man who had told her less than an hour ago that he needed her. HER. Not THIS. She watched as Grigory turned his head to look at his pack leader, his hands still tightly holding the woman he had just kissed.

"Grigory." The giant of a man beside her spoke, he had to be Yakov, and he sounded angry. He'd moved over to BiBi and she could feel his warm hand touching her as Grigory made eye contact with her for merely a second before looking back at the woman in his arms.
BiBi could barely see anything now, her tears were building up, not able to fall fast enough from her eyes.

"Who is she, Grigory?" She heard Anya ask, wasn't it obvious by now? She was nobody, she was absolutely nothing to the man who had walked away from her the second this woman came into view.

"Grigory." Someone said, she couldn't even tell at this point, everything was humming.

"BiBi. Her name is BiBi." He remembered her name, that was more than she expected at this point and felt arms grip her tightly from behind, where were her legs? Why weren't they working?

Somehow, she knew that Grigory had gotten slapped by Anya, and that he had growled menacingly and was pulling at her clothes. BiBi let out a sob and sank against the man who'd been holding her up on unsteady feet and found herself pulled up into his arms as he quickly moved her out of the house. But not before she saw the man that she thought loved her put his cock in the woman he'd told her that he would leave her for. How stupid could she possibly get? BiBi wondered to herself as she was taken down the drive and then around to the back of the house, he had told her he would leave her for this woman, why hadn't she believed him?

Yakov, if that's who he was, and she was pretty sure this was him, put her down in the grass of the large backyard and squatted at her side, his hands clasped together, his elbows on his knees as he stared down at her with those eyes that seemed to try to see through her. It must be a wolf thing, they all looked at her so intensely.

BiBi lay on her right side, her hands up and trying to wipe away her tears and fix her breathing. It was really weird to breathe when she was certain her heart no longer worked. How could she have possibly fallen for the man? He was too old for her, he lived so far away from everything she'd ever known, he had a family, he basically had a wife, he wasn't even human, for God's sake. What had made her want to be with him so bad? She could have understood if it had been just physical, that would have been easier to deal with, and he was hot, he had a body that would have made David weep. But it hadn't been just physical. She had fallen in love with him, with his behavior, with the way his eyes cored her like an apple, with the way he smiled a little at her, and with the way he communicated much more deeply from within himself than she'd ever thought possible before. Yes, she'd fallen, off a cliff into a deep, dark, numbing abyss.

"Your name is BiBi." It wasn't a question, but it was a small, tiny bit of something she could handle coming from the timber-voiced man who squatted near her.

"I think you're Yakov, Gr-he told me about you. About all of you." She didn't really look at him, she couldn't, but she was also aware suddenly that they weren't alone. There was a younger looking man nearby, he looked like a college kid. Around the same age as the black-haired man from inside. He was standing a little back. Feet slightly apart, arms down, hands open at his sides, but he looked torn, and nervous, but he was staying where he was.

"He is not telling us about you." Yakov's sentence rolled out like a long, slow thunder and BiBi shivered slightly.

"He said he was going to block me from the pack."

The man nodded, "He has let us see how the two of you met, some of your conversations, but anything...anything about why he asked Anya to let him claim you, he is keeping to himself."

BiBi frowned, sighing as she put her hands on the ground to push herself up so that she was sitting on the grass below her. She didn't acknowledge the fact that Yakov had moved to help her right herself on the ground, nor that he had pulled a twig out of her hair that had gotten mixed in with her dark locks when she'd laid down. She felt like her skin was all hot and cold at the same time. She shivered and felt her skin burn at the same time and her eyes just would not dry up, BiBi knew she was still crying, knew that these men could see the emotion on her face at what she had just seen, and she hated him for doing this to her.

"Anything I say to you now, anything you see, he can see, he can hear?" BiBi frowned, it was like having a surveillance camera on her, and all she wanted was to be left alone.

Yakov nodded, "He is aware that you are here with us."

BiBi shook her head, she'd known this would be hard, she hadn't known it would be this terrible, this painful. Looking up at him, knowing she looked lost, vulnerable, feeling so much unlike her usual self, the woman who had worked so hard to make something of herself, even at her young age, BiBi released a heavy sigh.

"Then I just need you to walk me back to my car and get my keys back from Grigory. I'd like to leave." Her voice was sullen, all of her pain and anger and deep, gripping sadness came out through her words and she watched as the large man stood tall, his back straight and his head shaking slowly down at her.

"You can't leave." He said gently.

BiBi frowned, "The hell I can't leave. It's incredibly obvious that I am not wanted here, that I fell in the middle of something that I should not be in the middle of."

"Grigory wants to claim you." Who was this man kidding, Grigory had just stuck his dick solidly in some other woman's cunt, claim her, her ass.

"I think he's got what he wants right now." BiBi pushed herself onto her feet, knowing they were still shaky, barely holding her up as she stood, still having to tilt her head back to look up at him. She was reminded of the fact that if she were to have been claimed by Grigory, this man, as well as the one next to him, whom she figured was Aidan, would be allowed to fuck her, and she was certain she would never be able to fit Yakov within her body.

"BiBi." Yakov's chest rumbled and BiBi wondered how anyone could ever have thought that these men were human, these sounds were so impossible to fathom coming from a regular man, their cords just did not work this way. Did these wolves just hide from speech pathologists or something?

"He said you would make sure I got home if the answer was no. I want to go home." BiBi frowned up at him, one hand waving towards the house she had no interest in ever entering again.

"The answer wasn't no." That was from the shorter man, the one that looked in his mid-twenties, blond hair, face in need of a shave, kind eyes.

"What are you talking about, did you not see what I saw?" BiBi glared at him, her hands crossing on front of her.

"The answer was not yes, either, BiBi. She didn't answer him. Anya-Anya is a good person. She has been through a lot. She has been very...out of sorts since Hannah was kidnapped. She isn't handling it well at all."

"I told Grigory that this was not the time to do this." She told Yakov when he stopped speaking.

"There will never be a good time to ask Anya if one of us could claim a female. Her mind isn't like ours, she's not used to being a nonhuman." Yakov shook his head.

"But she slapped him, and then he-." BiBi shook her head, even she could see what had happened between the two of them in her head.

"Sergei has control of the situation now. She had no right to provoke him into what he did inside. She was cruel to you." Yakov said and BiBi looked up at him confused.

"What are you talking about? He went after her."

"Yes," Aidan nodded at her, "and no. I know it's difficult to understand when you're not in the pack bond, there is a lot of communication that occurs silently, through words, feelings, memories, smell, it's a very intense thing."

"Anya was angry at Grigory for leaving, and while she knows that he was not the reason that Hannah was kidnapped, she lashed out at him anyway, told him that he didn't care about her, the pack, that he wouldn't do any of this to her if he did." Yakov stopped talking, but not because he wanted to, it seemed as if he had been pulled to something, and his head turned slightly towards the house.

"He told me that if she told him no, that he would not leave the pack for me."

Aidan frowned and looked at Yakov, who cocked his head at her and bit the inside of his cheek for a moment, "I know you can't believe me, because this is so foreign, but to feel the need to claim a mate, and to ignore it, is a very difficult thing for a wolf to do. We can feel how intense his need for you is. If he can't claim you, if the answer ends up being no, it will affect him for a very long time."

"He doesn't seem very affected by it right now." She frowned in frustration at them both.

"Sergei is coming." Aidan said aloud, for her benefit, she was sure, since Yakov would already know the movements of his alpha.

"I want to go home." She repeated what she had already said, knowing by the way both of them moved that they had no intention of helping her leave.

"BiBi, Anya is not a wolf, she doesn't understand this. She doesn't understand what real packs are like. You have to give her time." Aidan said, his eyes imploring her to understand.

"I don't have to give her shit." BiBi hissed, fuck these people. Squeezing her hands into fists, she walked around Yakov, thanking God that her legs were strong enough to do it without making her fall on her face.

She was thankful that neither of the men moved to stop her from walking towards the front of the house, but she knew why almost instantly. She saw the garage door just closing, her car inside, and she saw the pack alpha slowly making his way toward her. He wouldn't need to hurry, he would know exactly where she was. Turning, she saw both Yakov and Aidan slowly following her as she kept walking.

"That is my car. I want it back." She held out her hands for the keys and watched as the man walking towards her shook his head and raised his hands, empty palms up.

"Yegor moved your car. He has the keys. And he isn't going to give them to you."

"This is not okay, what you're doing, trying to keep me here. This is kidnapping at this point. I want to leave." BiBi said, wishing her voice wasn't shaking as much as it was.

"BiBi, I know you're hurt, and I know you're scared." Sergei's voice was soothing, and she hated how she felt just the tiniest bit of the tension from her body recede. But only the slightest, she still wanted to commit a felony against the man whom she'd thought loved her.

"You are not my alpha. You cannot keep me here." She hissed again, digging her phone out of her back pocket just to have it grabbed from her by a man behind her. BiBi looked to see it was Yakov, and he had shoved the phone down in the front pocket of his jeans. Damn it.

"BiBi. I am not asking you to talk to Grigory right now, or even to see him. I need-I would like....to talk to you. My pack will stay here and make sure Grigory stays put, and you and I can talk. I will not hurt you. I just want to talk." Sergei's voice remained calm, and he looked at his beta and Aidan, and the two immediately went inside the house and shut the door behind them.

BiBi frowned, "You can talk until the cows come home, it's not going to change what I saw in that house, what he did. Right in front of me."

Sergei took a deep breath and sighed, closing his eyes for a moment before nodding, "I understand. I just want to talk to you before he wakes up and tries to speak with me. I think I would rather hear all of this from you."

BiBi frowned, wake up? Why wasn't Grigory awake? Who the hell would take a nap right now?

"There is a wood behind our house. It's private and the afternoon light hits upon the pond on the far side quite beautifully. I would like to show it to you if you would like to walk with me."

BiBi was figuring out quickly why this man made such a good alpha, it was hard to look at the honestly on his face and tell him no. He cared about his pack, about making, and keeping them happy, but he cared about her, too. And she was just a woman that Grigory had dragged up here at the worst time possible. And he cared about her feelings anyway. She wondered still what had happened in the house after she left, but if he felt like she needed to know, she had a feeling that he would tell her. Nodding, she watched him hold his hand out to her, and she thoughtlessly handed her own palm over and let him wrap that warm, strong fist around her smaller one.

He didn't tug or pull her along, he started walking slowly and matched her pace without rushing her. He also didn't speak at first as they walked back behind the house and towards a path that had been worn down heading into the woods. It was a little darker within the densely forested area, and she had to stay close to him at times as he didn't seem interested in the least of letting go of her hand so they could walk around trees easier. BiBi could hear his steady breathing and she looked at him from time to time, wondering what he was saying to his pack, to Anya. Was Grigory still asleep? Why the hell was he asleep?

"You lost your family." He said hoarsely after a good ten minutes of walking.

BiBi bit her lower lip, not the conversation she expected, but Grigory did this too, and she knew it was a way to disarm, "I lost most of my family a long time ago. I'm not-it doesn't-."

"Your grandmother, she just passed. You were close." Sergei turned his gray eyes on her and she nodded.

"We were close."

"Grigory must have had difficulty, meeting you after he'd run. He was quite distraught with us, with Anya. He had felt rejected by her when she'd suggested that he claim Vesper. He hadn't wanted to, hadn't asked to. He thought she didn't want him."

BiBi didn't say anything, she'd said what she wanted to say.

"Meeting you, feeling the tug that he feels with you, it's intense, and difficult to ignore. It's not common, the need to claim. Many male wolves go without claiming a female the majority of their maturity. The claim, what he feels for you, is quite deep. We can all feel it. It affects us all now."

"This doesn't help me." She muttered as he frowned gently, not at her, but at the ground as they kept walking.

"No, no, it wouldn't. It didn't help Anya, either, to feel it. She has been absolutely gutted about Hannah. Inconsolable. We had actually just gotten her to stop crying again when we felt Grigory come back. And then when he said that he needed to claim you, it was too much for her, because she feels what he feels, she knows the deep need he has for you, and it scares her."