WildSpace - Voyage of the Naginata Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay, now that we're all here, Serterra five is our destination. I will disembark alone and meet with the administrator. If all goes well, we'll get our comm core changed and be out of the core. It may take a day or two, but if they won't do it, we'll have to figure something else-"

"Cap, we're being hailed." Lexi said.

"On screen."

A man in an armored, militaristic uniform appeared before them, looking rather annoyed.

"Broadcast your comm code and state your business." He said.

"I need to speak with Jalla Shilde." Serra replied.

"One moment."

After the minutes of tense waiting, the screen flickered on again.

"Yes?" He said, but his eyes grew large. "Harkner?!"

"Hey Jalla."

"Long time, how are you?"

"I'm good, but I need a favor." Serra said tentatively.

"Come to my office, have a drink with me and we can talk." He said with a smile.

"Thanks Jalla." She said and cut the connection.

"Is this another ex?" Katarina asked with a touch of snark.

"No... he was my boss." An uncomfortable silence fell over the bridge. An alert grabbed Serra's attention. "Okay, we have our coordinates." Serra punched a couple keys and sent the Naginata soaring through the system.

"I'm not sure this is a good idea." Lexi said.

"We're doing it." Serra said flatly. Katarina looked at her and was surprised to see her eyes filled with tears. Her heart hurt and she needed to resolve their current conflict. The powerful warrior stood and put a hand on Serra's shoulder. Serra looked up at her and sniffled.

"Please, come with me." She said quietly. Serra nodded and followed her out. "Cali, could you please take over as pilot for a moment?"

"Of course." Cali moved to Serra's station and Saphina sat in the pilot's seat. Serra waited in the lounge, her face flush and streaked with tears. Kat entered and sat across from her.

"What?" Katarina asked.

"I fucked up." Serra said. "I thought if I gave Kyree what she wanted we'd be able to leave without conflict." She sighed and shook her head. Katarina sat quietly and waited. "I didn't go through with it! But I admit, I almost did... if I had, it would have been the biggest mistake of my life." She said, looking up at her. "Kat,I... I love you. I can't believe I'm saying that. I honestly never thought I would ever love anyone again..."

"Kyree ruined you?" Kat asked. Her voice was laced with sarcasm.

"No, it's just... after Kyree, I didn't want to put myself out there again. I lost myself in the toxic relationship and I didn't want that to happen again. Or her hurt again." Serra explained.

"So, after you and Kyree split up you decided to just give up?" Kat asked.

"Yes." She replied. "But then... you came along. The Lord Marshall of the Crimson Empire... you were... intimidating, scary and so incredibly sexy." She averted her eyes. "You swept me off my feet. The connection was so strong, so fast... I honestly thought it would just be sex. We'd help you find your father or brother and you'd go."

"We found them... I'm still here." Katarina replied.

"I know..." she sighed. "I suppose, ultimately I would have to protect those I love. I would give my life for my crew."

"But, all you had to do was give your body to her." Kat snapped, but immediately felt terrible for her tone.

"But... I didn't." She said.

"Even though you considered it and almost went through it?"

"I... I'm sorry Kat." Her voice was very small. Kat took a deep breath and shifted in her seat.

"Serra." Kat said, she sighed. "I know what you did or didn't do, meant nothing to you. I know that you'd give anything for your crew, even debase yourself."

Serra's cheeks flushed, she felt shame.

"And I know... you love me." The warrior stood and approached her. Serra looked up at her, barely containing her fear of what was coming. Kat kneeled down in front of Serra and put her powerful hands on the captain's knees. Serra tried to smile.

"I love you." Kat said, barely above a whisper. "That hasn't changed. Yes, it hurts, but no, I'm not giving up on you. This is my life now and I would never want anything different."

Serra burst into tears. Kat pulled her close and squeezed her tightly. She just let Serra cry for a few moments.

"Let's just move past this... okay?" Katarina whispered.

"Uh huh." Serra sobbed. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Kat replied and kissed her hand.

"Cap, we're coming into orbit." Lexi said over the comm.

Kat stood and pulled Serra to her feet. She took her in her arms and looked her in the eye. "We're going to put that... stuff behind us and move forward... okay?" Kat gave her a smile. Serra's eyes moved from Kat's eyes to her broad shoulders, to her large powerful arms.

"What?" Kat asked.

"Nothing... it's just... you are amazing."

"What do you mean?"

"This is going to sound silly, but... you know I find you incredibly sexy, but... your body is... stellar." Serra admitted.

Kat raised an eyebrow at her.

"You're just so... powerful and feminine at the same time." She looked up at Kat, a tear fell from her eye. "I'm... sorry. I have never met anyone like you."

Kat smiled.

"I love you." Serra said, still holding back tears.

"I love you too... but right now, we've got business." Kat replied.

"Okay." Serra sniffled. Kat kissed her sweetly.

"Good, let's go." Kat said. The crew gathered on the bridge.

"Kat, put us into orbit." Serra said.

"On it." Kat responded. She set the course and reached a hand toward Serra. She took it and gave it a squeeze. The rest of the crew looked at each other and shared smiles.

"SS Naginata, this is transport 3. Please prepare your boarding connection in order to accept transport to the surface.

"We're ready." Serra responded and turned toward her crew.

"Okay guys, I'm going down alone. I know how they work, and if we all go, they'll be... suspicious." Serra said.

Kat started to speak, but Serra stopped her. "I know, I know... but I know these guys. I will be safe, I promise." She looked at each of them, but her gaze fell on Katarina. "I know we need to make this trip much faster than the last one."

"Are you sure it's safe for you to go alone?" Cali asked.

"Yes, I think so." Serra replied. A loud thump and a clank startled the crew as the transport shuttle docked with the Naginata.

"I guess that's your ride." Lexi said. Serra looked at them again and exited the bridge. They all followed closely behind her. She stopped before stepping into the docking tunnel and smiled.

"Is going to be okay, I promise." The last two words she said while looking directly into Kat's eyes. The powerful warrior stepped forward and took Serra into her arms. "Come back to me." She whispered.

"I promise, I'll always come back to you." She assured her. The two of them kissed and then, reluctantly parted. As the door closed the crew dispersed into the lounge.

"I have a bad feel-" Lexi started to say.

"No... just... don't." Cali said.

"She's going to be okay." Kat said.

"We know." Saphina said with a nod, "so... what do we do while we wait?"

"I've got a few ideas." Lexi replied. Saphina grinned and grabbed her arm. The two of them hurried off to the quarters they shared. As they ran past the boarding tube, an alert sounded.

"What the-?!" Lexi stopped and turned toward the tube. "There's someone in our tube!"

Katarina, Cali and Il'taira joined them in front of the tube door. Lexi flipped a switch and with a hiss, the door slid open. Standing in the tube was a blonde woman dressed in a long, dark brown trench coat holding up her Templar badge.

"Can we... help you?" Lexi asked, annoyed. The Templar raised an eyebrow.

"A Kurn? In the core?" She said looking at Kat. "Two Kurn?" She looked at Saphina. "and a mutt?" She sneered at Il'taira. Cali nearly lunged at her.

"What do you want?" Katarina drew up to her full six and a half feet.

"Back off." The Templar warned. "Routine inspection." She stepped out of the tube. The crew got a better look at her. Short blonde hair with the right side nearly shaved, under her duster style coat was an armored vest and she also wore dark pants and heavy boots. She strode past them toward the rear of the ship. As they began to follow her, she stopped and spun on her heel.

"Is this the entire crew? Minus your captain, of course."

"Yes." Lexi replied. "How long is this going to take?"

"As long as I feel it is necessary." The Templar narrowed her eyes at Lexi. "Do I...know you?"

Lexi was taken aback. "No."

"Uh huh." She said and continued to the rear of the ship.

"Harkner!" A large, older man with a larger grin greeted Serra from behind his desk.

"Jalla, how have you been?" Serra asked. "Other than... well fed." She winked at him. Jalla burst out laughing.

"It's true, ever since I stepped off my patrol ship, giving up my pilot's seat for my desk chair, I have... found more time for meals."

He rose from his seat and wadded around the desk to her.

"I'm glad the Templars in this sector have a quality supervisor." Serra said, embracing him.

"Thank you Harkner." Jalla paused, then after he released her and leaned against his desk. "We miss you... I miss you. You were one of our best."

"You know as well as I do, I couldn't do this forever." She said. Jalla shifted his girth and gestured toward a chair. He nodded and returned to his chair behind the desk.

"I can't thank you enough for co-sponsoring my leaving the Templars. While I felt fulfilled with purpose as a Templar, my life now is all I could ever dream. Out in the black, just finding my way in the 'verse." She said,

"I know that look." Jalla raised an eyebrow.

"What look?"

"You found someone very special." Jalla smiled.

"What are you-?"

"I know about the merc... this isn't her." Jalla reached into a drawer and pulled out a bottle and two shot glasses. "Tell me Harkner, who fans that fire behind your eyes?"

Serra smiled. "Her name is Kat. She is passionate, smart, clever, funny..."

"I get it!" He chuckled, raising his glass. They took A drink. "Where is she from?"

This question gave her pause, but she felt she could tell her old friend the truth.

"She Kurn."

"Whoa!" He exclaimed. "Now that IS a surprise!"

"Trust me, it surprised me as well!" She replied.

"How in the Core did you meet a Kurn woman?!" He asked.

"Long story... I don't have time to explain." Serra said.

"I understand." He nodded. "What can I do for you, Harkner?"

"I need a huge favor... I need the Naginata's core comm signal changed." She replied solemnly.

"Harkner... that's a big ask." He said, setting down his glass.

"I know, I know... I... I'm having some issues with some frontier mercs and they have a lock on my comm signal." She explained. "I busted up their smuggling activities in the Grenwal system, and they are pissed." She lied.

"They wouldn't dare come to the core." Jalla said. "It's good to hear you are still trying to uphold the laws."

"Of course I do," Serra paused. "But, I need to be out in the frontier for work."

Jalla nodded. He turned to a console built into his desk and tapped at the keys. Serra waited as patiently as she could. Jalla stopped, took a drink and continued. After several more minutes, Serra started to get twitchy.

"Can you do it, or...?"

"Relax Harkner, I'm getting to it." He chuckled. "There! Give it a few hours to generate a new code key."

"Thanks Jalla, I really appreciate it." Serra said.

"I have a lot of respect for you and your time as a Templar. You've earned a lot of clout here." He explained.

"Thank you." Serra smiled. Jalla returned the smile and turned to another station behind him and withdrew a small rectangular device and set it on the desk.

"This will generate fresh codes in about three hours." He nodded at the device. "I also programmed in an emergency signal generator."

"Jalla..." She shook her head.

"If shit gets heavy... really heavy, just insert this into your comm port and press the button three times." He explained.

"You shouldn't have."

"Templars don't turn their backs on one of their own." He said.

"That's against regulations."

"Fuck regulations." He replied.

She picked up the device. "Thank you so much for all your help."

"My pleasure." He smiled and got to his feet. He came around the desk. They embraced again. "Remember, once the code is generated, it will still take time to reprogram your comms."

"I'll see you around Jalla." Serra said, turning towards the door.

Soon, Serra was on a transit shuttle back to the Naginata. She looked out the window as they got closer and she smiled. Her life was the ship... now, her love lived on that ship. She hoped she would be clear of Kyree for good. The galaxy was a big place, surely she could be "free" now.

Cali, Lexi, Saphina, Il'taira and, of course Katarina... her ship, her crew, her life and she loved all of them. A loud clang and a thump signaled her return. She made her way down the tube toward her ship. As she approached the door, it slid open and her heart skipped a beat. Katarina stood, leaning against the bulkhead smiling at her.

"Hey." The warrior greeted her.

"Hey you." She smiled. Kat took her in her arms and pulled her close.

"Everything okay?"

"It is now." Serra smiled up at her.

"Good." She replied and kissed her. The two made their way to the lounge, where the rest of the crew sat chatting quietly.

"Cap! Welcome back!" Cali called to her.

"Hey girl!" Lexi said, raising a glass to her. She looked at each of them and smiled.

"Pour me a drink"