All Comments on 'Writing Away the Darkess'

by LegendInMyOwnMind

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Thanks for sharing! Best wishes for the future.

4

bottovarnisbottovarnisover 1 year ago

well said and well written. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

i appreciate your candor and honesty and sorry you suffered so much. i haven't written, but mainly read incest stories. i'm a hetero female and find myself obsessed w/brother and brother incest. i find them hard to believe but guess it's probably occurring somewhere. for some reason, i'm repulsed by parent/child, aunt/child and grandparent incest. once i accepted these are just "stories" the've become easier to digest, but if they're written by adults, i just don't understand the POOR grammar. sometimes it makes it difficult for me to enjoy the story. i'm still here tho, and thank you LegendInMyOwnMind

5thRing5thRingabout 1 year ago

Firstly, I'm grateful you were able to find Laurie and Bess.

As for my own motivations for writing, I consider it therapy, but not for any trauma. It's more about self-discovery, but there are many facets to it, so I can't really explain it adequately. In a sense, my stories are sort of hypothetical trial runs, but with many, they are also expressions of concepts that are important to me.

Also, I try to write stories that I have not already seen dozens of times. If I can I like to take an overdone concept and turn it on its head to let people see it from a hopefully new and unexpected perspective.

Example: My "Anticipation" series and my "Silent Weeks" series are the most purely therapeutic "trial runs". They do not have conclusions and were never meant to have conclusions because it has nothing to do with their purpose.

Example: Girl Down The Hall is a Reluctance story. It's unfortunate that the tag is coupled with NonConsent. I really wish it wasn't, because I think reluctance can be portrayed beautifully. This story (I hope) offers the idea of reluctance in a way that people had never considered.

Example: Worst Sex Demon Ever I hesitate to mention because pretty much anything of consequence I say about would be too much of a spoiler, but it's one I'm rather proud of in the unexpected perspective department.

Example: And as you're already 1/3 aware, there's Does She Not Know, which is the experimental one. I'm nervous about how Angle 2 will be received, because the way it is written, it is HEAVILY dependent upon knowing and remembering Angle 1. I don't know of any story that has been written in this way.

LegendInMyOwnMindLegendInMyOwnMindabout 1 year agoAuthor

5thRing, I appreciate your thoughtful comment, and I'm look forward to reading some more of your work. My next story is about ready to submit. A 7,500-word romance. Inspired by a third lady who I could have quite easily named in the same breath as Laurie and Bess. I didn't mention her in Writing Away... probably because were never involved sexually, but she too was instrumental in my healing, and she's someone I will always love.

LegendInMyOwnMindLegendInMyOwnMind9 months agoAuthor

I'm now in the midst of writing my next story. Almost 10,000 words and not done. It touches my foundational trauma more closely than I Dream of Jenny. I still can't write mother-son, it cuts too close to home. But if readers like smoking hot youngish grandmas, they will like this a lot. Grandma and grandson have a relationship where she was his mother in all but name--cutting it as close as I dare. They are very into each other, but not monogamous, and there is a threesome, both new for me. That's an exploration of the road not taken--I've never experienced either IRL, nor consciously wanted to. Monogamy is deeply written into my consciousness. I in no way criticize polyamory, but it's not for me. However, people can enjoy fantasizing, whether or not they actually would want to live out their fantasies. Writing this has been more healing than writing IDOJ. Of course, the darkness isn't gone, it won't be this side of heaven; but it has receded deeply.

LegendInMyOwnMindLegendInMyOwnMind9 months agoAuthor

14,500 words and still writing. The story begins after the grandmother's funeral, and circles back to it. I will need proofreaders. I've laughed, cried, and gotten hard writing it.

LegendInMyOwnMindLegendInMyOwnMind9 months agoAuthor

Submitted for publication, now finishing up a brother-sister story. I'm feeling a bit freer from darkness than usual, and it's more of a fun piece for me.

LegendInMyOwnMindLegendInMyOwnMind8 months agoAuthor

Both stories awaiting approval for publication. I'm doing final proofreading on another story and a sequel essay to this one.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous