All Comments on 'Yellow'

by SweetNothingsAndBeyond

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
SweetNothingsAndBeyondSweetNothingsAndBeyondalmost 3 years agoAuthor

ZARATHUSTRA The Famous Parsian Philosopher had stated: "WOMAN IS THE TEACHER OF GENTILITY TO MAN! SHE TEACHES MAN TO GROW IN MORAL HEIGHTS! SHE IS THE SUSTAINING POWER BEHIND MAN!"

Thus the sacrifice of NADIA just can't be looked upon as a motherly love, but much beyond that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think the moral of the story is great! We all have zero choice on our ethnicity (except that our parents decided to make love) and we typically follow the religion of our families. That being said, underneath the "covers," so to speak, we are one and the same. As far as I'm concerned, humanity did not acquire speech to promote hate. Of course, we all have the freedom to hate, but it is cowardly to do so behind the mask of "Anonymous." if you have something hateful to say, then at least have the courage to do so with your real name. If you don't want to do so, then perhaps your moniker should be "Cowardly" instead of "Anonymous."

luv2read2 (who's using the Anonymous tag since I can't remember my password - need to look it up.)

SweetNothingsAndBeyondSweetNothingsAndBeyondalmost 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you Anonymous. The idea of this story stuck to me one fine morning and I wrote it in one day flat. I liked its concept and the theory.

I'm an Indian. And proud to be an Indian. Every citizen should be proud of his or her country. But it's really painful to see and read how a handful of readers under the cover of Anonymous talk about an author or his country of origin so badly. And it's not the first time. It happens time and again, though I request people to refrain from using foul and filthy language against any author or his or her nation.

A story is a story. Under the plea of criticizing a story how people stoop down so low to go to the extent of using unparliamentary language against an author or his country. I only pray god to give some goodness into these people to think positively. Life is not that negative as some think about it. Good luck to them.

mikeswivesmikeswivesover 2 years ago

Perhaps you should have taken more than a day to write the story.

The story has one active participant, Disha, and we are to weigh the goodness and badness and philosophical implicattions of her particular single decision in the circumstances that you create in this story.

- I must complain that the story misleads the reader.

(a) We do not know that the beneficiaries are their children until the scenario has ended.

(b) Then, to create the final scene, magic happens and life and death switch hosts and still save the children.

There is no great moral or philosphical dilemma. For all forms of life, from humans to insects, a mother is willing to sacrifice her life for her children. Of course Disha is willing!

What is perhaps odd in the letter is the apologetic tone. One might expect the opposite, that Disha knows that the husband would expect her sacrifice, though be saddened, and he would admire and love her all the more because of it.

The sentence "what about her own family?" does not make sense since the premise is that 2 of the members of the family cease to exist without her dicision.

Further, if the magical development of him not dying had occured and he and Disha had both lived, they would have lost thier children. She knew this when it was decision time, both when deciding on his death and her's. So if the father recovered and learned that his wife could have saved the children by sacrificing the husband's life, would he not be stricken with grief? Would he not say that he would have wished his own death to save the children?

The utility of parental sacrifice must be a good thing since so many sepcies have been practicing it for a billion years of evolution.

Sorry, but the philosophical question has not met with a challenge in this scenario.

The religion, nationality and gender do not play an essential role that I can see.

My final perplexed question is why make the children adopted instaed of biological? Is the reader to wonder of the parents' love might be less or does the adopted status make them less valuable than "real" children?

Yes, I guess I missed the point.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Short story great message.

Loved the concept.

Good attempt

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story.

Simple yet strong.

So high on morale.

Very rare in Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Liked the story. Short and crispy. High on moral. For a change, a story in this forum without any sex is a good change.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story. Short and simple. Liked the woman's character. Quite a personality. Well conceived. Well portrayed. Good try.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSweetNothingsAndBeyond@SweetNothingsAndBeyond
I am an Indian. Born and brought up in India. Did my MBA from Delhi. Worked with a few MNCs. Have worked in 8 Countries of 3 Continents. Asia - India, UAE, Kuwait and Singapore; Europe - Italy, Germany and France; South America - Chile. I am married and have a daughter. I am ...