You are Definitely Going to Hell Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, okay, Kelly. That sounds a great idea," I say. "Want me to meet you at the hotel when you finish your shift?"

"Yeah, I finish at around twoish." The relief in her voice is so obvious.

"No problem, see you then." I hang up, looking forward to a night on the town.

I spend the rest of the day looking through my wardrobe to ensure I have enough clothes for Uni. Bec has started me on a path of dressing better and looking on trend. I go into town to look through the end-of-summer sales and see if I can pick up a new jacket in the market. I pick up some more shirts and jeans. I get a great Jacket for less than half price because it's missing a button. I can't resist a bargain.

Time is disappearing fast. I grab my keys and walk next door to pick up Archie. As I walk between driveways, I hear, "Is anyone going to take Freddy for a walk?"

"We're busy unpacking," I hear another female shout back. I smile to myself as I walk up Mrs. Kean's driveway.

As I walk back out, I hear a familiar door slam. I look up and see Mrs. Gregory with a black and white Jack Russell. Archie tries to pull my arm off to greet the new kid on the block. I pull him back and toward the top of the road, toward the gate.

"Would it be okay if I join you?" Mrs. Gregory asks.

I stop and look back. "It's a free country," I say, a little harsher than I anticipated. I wait for her to catch up. "I'm sorry, that sounded a little harsher than I meant,"

"I think I'll survive," she replies with a smile.

"Great," I say. I can't help feel a slight awkwardness between us. 'You've just got to survive until the weekend,' I tell myself.

We get to the gate, and Mrs. Gregory breaks the ice with a question. "How's Archie with other dogs?"

"He's fine once he gets to know them," I answer as I let Archie off his lead. Archie has a quick sniff of Freddy and then runs off.

"I'll keep Freddy on the lead for now." I nod in agreement. "So what's your story then, Rob?"

"In what way?"

"You know, where's your life come from, and where's it going?"

"Oh, um. I've lived on this street since I can remember. I live with mum and dad, who both work, so I spent much of my childhood past the age of ten doing my own thing. I have walked Archie for the last four years. Mrs. Kean has problems walking, and I wanted to get out of the house in the evening." I try and think of what else. "Ummmm.....I'm nineteen, nearly twenty, and go to Edinburgh University, so I will be out of your hair very soon."

"Oh, it's a shame we won't get to know each other better. So have you a girlfriend?"

"No, not at the moment."

"Not surprising then why you get a Playboy each month." She says, smirking.

"Look about the Playboy. There is a reason I buy Playboy each month," I say.

"Go on, this should be good," Mrs. Gregory says with that confident smile on her face. She's enjoying my discomfort a little too much.

"It's just that one of the Playboy playmates is one of my best friends."

"Oh, really?" Mrs. Gregory says in a slightly dubious tone. "Which one?"

"Lisa Lovegood."

"Your good friends with Lisa Lovegood?" She says, almost laughing.

"Yeah, why have you heard of her?"

"Of course, I'm an Essex girl. Everyone in Essex has heard of Lisa Lovegood."

I get my wallet out and pull out the picture I have of myself with my three friends, Bec, Charlie, and Jenny. "There you go, Bec and me."

"Bec?"

"Yes, her porn name is Lisa Lovegood. I know her as Rebecca Brown or Bec."

"Well, I'll be buggered," she says, looking at the photo. "And she's holding your hand. Who are the other two beauties?"

I lean in, "that's Charlie, my ex, and Jenny, my best friend."

"Your ex and you're standing holding Lisa's hand?"

"Yeah, Charlie and I are complicated. You must have heard about the trial. Charlie's mum accused me of assaulting her, and her husband took it upon himself to almost kill me with two of his workers."

Mrs. Gregory looks at me with a look of shock, but her eyes are apologetic. "Shit, you're that Rob Johnson. Sorry, Rob, the twins told me about it, and then I read about the trial." She looks at the photo again.

"That's taken outside the county courts. Bec came over for the trial to support me."

"Wow, you are close friends." We walk the rest of the way up to the ridge in relative silence. Sitting looking out over the town. "I'm sorry, Rob, I think our relationship has got off on the wrong foot," Mrs. Gregory says.

"It's okay. I would have jumped to the same conclusion myself," I say, trying to make her feel better.

"Still, this walk has made me look at you differently." She takes a deep breath. "It's so beautiful up here. Thank you for bringing me here. I might not have walked this far and found it."

"I'm sure you would." I find myself telling her about Bec and Charlie and my conflicting emotions. Mrs. Gregory doesn't say anything; she listens. She has this warm smile that shows she isn't judging me.

Archie turns up and sits in front of me to let me know he wants to head back. I get up, "So Mrs. Gregory. What's your story?"

Mrs. Gregory gets up, looking at me with a rye smile. "Less of the, Mrs. Gregory, please. If we are going to be neighbors, you can call me Kath."

"Very well, Kath, so what is your story?"

"Not much to tell," she begins as she loops her arm through mine in a more familiar way. "I left university with qualifications to become an administrator. Shortly after that, I fell in love with a man that quickly became my husband. I fell pregnant on our honeymoon and had to put my career on hold while I raised the twins. We moved here from Essex around eight years ago because my husband got a management job here. About a year and a half ago, my husband got caught having sex with a prostitute. He quickly lost his job and then me when I finally found out. We had to sell the family home, and I bought the house opposite with the proceeds."

"Wow, what an idiot. I wouldn't dream of cheating on a beautiful woman like you." I say without thinking. When I realize what I said, I try to backtrack. "I mean..."

Kath laughs and stops walking. "It's okay, Rob. I know I'm past my sell-by date, and will take any compliment."

Feeling like I've already put my foot in my mouth, I look across, wondering how to answer. My eyes are met by someone who's been through a lot of pain. I'm not sure what overcame me, but I pulled her in for a hug. I wrap Kath up in my arms, holding her tight.

For a moment, she doesn't react, but as her barriers tumble, I feel her arms come up around me. Then I feel her tremble a little at first, but then emotions she's held in for over a year flood her.

"Ahhhhhh, why did he do this to us," she shouts. "The selfish bastard. We weren't perfect, but we were relatively happy." Kath buries her face in my neck and starts to cry. I don't say anything and don't do anything other than hold her. As she calms, I stroke her back a little. Kath lifts her head and looks into my caring eyes. She sniffs, wipes her eyes, and then laughs to release her tension. "You must think I'm not so beautiful now."

"Beauty will always be in the eye of the beholder. You have been through a stressful time. I often wish I had someone put their arms around me when I came out of the hospital."

"What, you had no one?"

"My dad was the most supportive, but even he's not a person to put his arms around me. All my friends either didn't bother to get in contact or chose to be on the Kean family side."

She returns for another hug. "This one is for you," she says. I hear her sigh.

"Are you sure this hug is for me?"

"No," she says. "But you can't blame a girl for needing a second."

I don't rush her and wait patiently as she puts herself back together. Once she feels more herself, I feel a hand flat on my chest as she gently pushes herself off and looks at me. "Thank you, Rob. I didn't know I needed that."

"No problem," I say, feeling a little proud of myself. For once, I read a situation perfectly and got the response spot on. Kath loops her arm through mine again, and we continue walking. "So, is Kath short for Kathleen?" I say like nothing just happened.

"Yes, but I prefer Kath."

"My mother will insist on calling you Kathleen, you realize."

"I'm sure I will survive." Kath knowingly smiles at me.

We get to the gate, and I open it for Kath and Freddy to get through before getting Archie back on his lead and walking that last hundred yards to Kath's gate. "There you go, you got home in one piece."

Kath laughs. "I'd like to meet Bec one day."

"I'm sure you will. She has an open invitation to drop by any day."

"What, from your mum?"

"Yeah, they get on like a house on fire."

"Wow, your mum sounds like a great lady."

"She has her moments. I best get in, but I will probably see you around."

"Mum, who are you talking to?" A voice says from Kath's house...."Oh, hello, Rob...Wow, you look different from school." One of the twins says.

I shake my head uncomfortably for the second time today. This time, I got a 'Wow.'

"Who's she talking to?" a second voice shouts from indoors.

"Debbie, go back in and put something more appropriate on." I have to look again. I hadn't noticed that she had come to the door in a t-shirt that barely covered her knickers.

Debbie doesn't listen and calls back to her twin sister Cheryl. "She's talking to Rob Johnson. You remember Rob. He dated Charlie Kean." To rub salt into her mother's wound, she deliberately puts her hand on the top of the door, giving me a good view of her red lacy underwear.

I do the gentlemanly thing and look away. "I best get Archie home," I say to Kath. Kath shakes her head in despair.

"Hi, Rob...Wow, you're right, Debs," Cheryl says with too much enthusiasm. I look up to the heavens and wave as I walk Archie toward Mrs. Kean's house.

"Rob, thanks. See you around." Kath says just as I get to the opposite curb. I look back, smile and nod. With that, I disappear up Mrs. Kean's driveway.

I got home ten minutes later. I hang my keys up, take my boots off and walk into the kitchen. My mother is sitting in the kitchen, drinking a cup of tea. In front of her is a copy of this month's Playboy.

"Didn't have you down as a playboy fan," I say as I check the pot for tea.

"I'm just wondering if one of the most famous playboy playmates will be my daughter-in-law one day."

"Not sure. Many things would need to change for that to happen."

"Like what?"

"Like, she will need to kick her drug problem before I will even consider a relationship with her."

"Oh, how bad is it?"

"Bad enough for me to be worried about her safety." I find a clean cup and pour the milk in. I boil the kettle and top the teapot up before filling my cup. Then I sit down opposite and ask. "Have you seen the new neighbors?"

"Stop trying to change the subject. Did you know that Bec is in love with you?"

"Yes, she's told me a couple of times. We got a lot closer than just sex during the trial. She was off her face when I saw her in town last week. It's made me take a step back."

"You don't make your love life easy, do you? What have you discussed with Bec about both your futures?"

"You seem to have an unhealthy interest in my love life. Anyway, we are still in the same position as when we first met. She's still a porn star and doesn't want to give it up. Bec won't have a real relationship with anyone while having sex with men for a living."

"Your love life is about how close I am to getting any."

"Mum, I don't need to know about your sex life."

"Okay, then you see why I'm interested in yours; back to your Rebecca problem. I can see what you're saying. You've answered just about everything, so, what are the new neighbours like?"

We talk about the Gregory family. Mum hadn't come across her around town but had heard about her husband's fall from grace.

I've had enough for the day and walk upstairs. As I settle down to finish my latest program for Paul, I hear the phone ring.

"Hello, 73679," my mother says. "Oh, hello, Rebecca.....Hang on, I'll call him.......Rob, Rebecca's on the phone."

I run down the stairs, "thanks, Mum......Hey Bec, how are you doing?"

There's a moment of silence, and for the second time today, I hear a woman sniff because she's been crying. "Hey," Bec finally says.

"Hello, Bec. Why are you upset, baby?"

"Oh, I don't know....maybe it's that I've told the whole world I'm in love with you and have threatened everything I hold dear."

"Bec, you have told me several times to my face that you love me. Nothing has changed between us, and nothing will change between us. We are friends, and breaking that will take a lot more than that."

"Really?"

"Yes, really. If anything, that article has positively impacted me and made me feel closer to you."

"Sorry, what I remember of Ashford is patchy at best. I remember you making out with Kimberly and me hugging Charlie, I think. Oh, and having sex with someone."

"Tommy Lee and someone else on the food table."

"Yeah, that sounds about right. Kimberly says she can't wait until Easter. What does that mean?"

"You've invited me to the Mansion at Easter. Are we still on for that?"

"Of course." Bec sounds a lot happier now we are talking and a lot clearer. "Shit, you realise that....." she seems to get lost for words.

"Realise what?"

"I see what Kimberly is going on about now. We tend to share many things at the Mansion, and you might be one of them."

"Oh, umm. Not sure what to say to that."

"Rob........"

"Yes, Bec."

"I do love you."

"I love you too, Bec." The line goes dead, and I sit there, wanting her to come back on the line. After I don't know how long, I go upstairs and sit staring at nothing for an hour before my mother calls.

"Rob, I'm making your dad some of my nighttime drink. Do you want some?"

"Yeah, why not," I shout back. My mother's nighttime drink is a family remedy. It's designed to relax and give you a good night's sleep. When I get back down, my mother has changed into her nightie and dressing gown. I'm not sure if it's my imagination, but I'm sure this is the first time I can see cleavage.

I choose to ignore her and sit opposite, silently drinking my drink. The milky liquid is warm, and I feel it slide down, warming me as it goes. I'm unsure if it's psychological, but I yawn after draining the last dreg.

"I'm going to get an early night," I say to mum. She smiles, and I go up to go to bed. I still need to finish putting things away before my eyes tell me to get to bed. I change into my night shorts and fall into bed.

I don't remember anything past climbing into bed and waking up after mum and dad have left for work. I hear a lot of shouting opposite and have a quick look out. Mrs. Gregory is trying to get the twins into her car.

I go to get up, but my bed shorts are twisted and not pulled up fully. "Wow, I must have had a restless sleep." I get up, readjust my shorts, and go to the bathroom. As I get my cock out, my foreskin is pulled back, and I need to adjust myself to pee. "Very wrestles sleep," I say. I shake my head and make my way downstairs after grabbing jeans and a t-shirt.

I put the percolator on and get my cornflakes out of the cupboard. I look in the fridge and realize we have nearly run out of milk, so I see if the milkman has been. As I pick up the three full bottles, Mrs. Gregory drives back into her drive.

She waves as she gets out of the car. "Good morning Rob," she calls.

"Morning, are you up for a coffee?"

"Yeah, I won't say no." She locks the car and jogs over. Her movement as she moves is hypnotic. I'm caught staring at the bounce of her breasts as they move under her tight sweater. "Like what you see?" She says, thinking she will embarrass me.

"Very nice," I said. "Mr. Gregory must be a fool."

I let Kath pass me and then follow her in. My eyes are fixed on her very shapely behind. "I hope you're not looking at my butt now," she says.

"And what if I am?" I throw back.

She laughs, "Oh, you are not easily embarrassed. Interesting." She turns to me as I enter the kitchen. "Don't get the wrong idea, Rob. You are very tempting, but I'm not sure I want any intimacy with any man."

I put the milk down and make a second coffee. "Don't get me wrong; I would take it if you offered. But I will not push you where you're not comfortable going." I smile at her, "my love life is way too complicated as it is anyway." I put the coffee with a newly opened milk bottle in front of Kath.

"I can imagine," Kath sits down. "I was thinking about what you said last night, "I'm not sure what Charlie is playing at, but your relationship with Bec is more complicated." She adds milk to her drink. "Can I ask you a personal question?"

"Yes, I can't promise I will answer, but ask away."

She smiles nervously. "Are you having sexual relationships away from Charlie and Bec?"

"Wow, really personal. Yes, I have sex regularly with one person but have had sex with others too."

"Okay, sorry for the personal question, but I worried you would be hanging around for Charlie or even Bec."

"Charlie and I have said that we should carry on with our lives and see where we are when we have finished Uni. Bec has said she thinks it's unfair on the both of us to try to have any relationship, but since then, we have become a lot closer."

"Wow, you seem to know where you are. So many people hang onto hope and lose sight of living their life."

"My only restriction is that I'm not looking to get attached to anyone, although I am not closed to it. I have set a high bar to start down that road, though."

Kath laughs and holds her hands up. "I don't need to know anymore. You are very mature for your age."

"So I've been told. So, my personal question to you is...are you feeling better after our walk, or are you hanging onto hope?"

Kath smiles awkwardly. "Last night was exactly what I needed, and no, I'm not hanging onto hope that my husband will come back. That ship has sailed, but the pain that he caused is still there. I need more time to trust a man again. Even if it is for just sex." She leans forward and cups my face. "But you are very tempting."

She is close enough for me to feel her breath on my face. I consider closing the last little bit and kissing her, but I figure it is her move to make, and I sit waiting. The way she is looking at me, she is testing to see what I do.

I decide to move closer to her a fraction. She instantly moves back. I don't follow her or do anything that could ruin the moment. My eyes scan her face to make sure I don't miss anything.

Kath sighs, "You are very tempting," she whispers. Then I get a smile. "Thank you for not forcing the issue or taking advantage of the situation." She leans the last inch and kisses me. The kiss lasts a second but is tender and full of promise.

Kath pulls away and takes a deep breath. "I'm sorry, Rob, I'm not ready for this." She looks into my eyes. "Have you had sex with anyone as old as me?"

"I've had sex with some older women, but I don't see how age has anything to do with it. I'm not looking for a long-term relationship, just some harmless fun between two adults. I respect your choice if you are not ready for that."

"Thank you," she says, sounding a little more relaxed. "As I said, you are very tempting. Talking about tempting. I must pre-warn you that the twins plan to accompany you tonight on your walk. I hope you give them the same level of respect?"

"That won't be a problem. To put your mind at rest, I don't tend to get on with people younger than me. Many people say I'm twenty going on forty."

Kath laughs. "I had noticed that about you. So tell me, I didn't ask last night. What are you studying at Uni?"

"Nice change of subject," I say to let her know I'm on to her. Kath smiles almost apologetically. "My two main subjects are Higher Math and Computer Coding. I am also working for a software company."

1...45678...14