A Game for Learning about Yourself Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She started thinking about Naomi. I guess she got what she wanted and Spielmann got what he wanted.

The surprise was Madison. Stephanie asked herself again, how was Madison playing? Come to think of it, I don't know. I was checking on what Naomie and Maggie held. I know they were not going all out to become the center. I know that Janet was doing her best to avoid strikes because I was sitting next to her and she showed 9 or above about 40% of the time but I don't know what Madison was doing. She's the one I should have been watching.

Stephanie saw Professor Walzer writing in a notebook and sat at his table. Now that I look at him more, he is sort of looks like Rutger Hauer when he was in his 40s with a short beard. He's not quite what I'm looking for. Still, talking to him would probably be interesting and I want to use his notebook.

"Professor, so nice to see you again. Have you been in the Reno area since last Saturday?"

"No, actually, I was in the Bay Area."

Figures, probably gay, Stephanie thought.

"Would you mind if I borrowed your pen and notebook for a few minutes? I need to work something out."

"I am using them. Before I let you interrupt my work, mind telling me what you have in mind.?"

"I'm trying to figure out how brilliant Madison is. If you consistently threw away all of your numbers on the first draw, what would that do to your chance of being the center."

Stephanie grabbed the book from Walzer and a few second later proclaimed, "You'd lose over 56% of the time under the Level Two rules. That clever little bitch. And I bet she did put her own name in the box last Saturday but encouraged us all to pick Naomi or someone else so there would be less people splitting the pot."

"You haven't figured it all out," Walzer said. "If she kept numbers under five if she got them on the first draw, she'd considerably increase her chance of being the center. But she wasn't taking strikes that much and some of the other women were not consistently following a strategy to avoid strikes either. She might have been drawing a lot of bad numbers from the point of view of becoming the center or maybe she'd made some side deal, but I think it's most likely that she wasn't sure what she wanted either.

"It seemed to me like she lost her nerve for a few draws when she got to 20 and she showed a few numbers above 9 throughout the game. Maybe she'd made some deal to throw people off during the game although that's a dangerous strategy if you are really trying to become the center.

"A lot of the women were either scheming based on side deals or acting inconsistently. That's part of the game. Gambling on feminine thinking and trying to determine what side deals may be affecting play makes it quite a game.

"Naomi probably got what she wanted but she didn't always know she wanted it, if you know what I mean. Also, it was probably harder to come in second than first particularly given that Madison was not consistently playing to maximize strikes. You could speculate that Madison and Naomi were somehow working together or even that Spielmann deliberately gave Naomi a reason to come in second instead of first and secretly put in Madison's name as the woman to become the center. You can speculate almost anything because although the Level Two rules leave a lot of room for women to choose where they come out, there is still plenty of room for chance. Janet must have gotten terrible numbers for someone who obviously did not want to be the center. Sometimes people are simply dealt a royal flush or shit," Walzer concluded.

"I'm tense and tired, it's about 3 AM and need a man, Herr Professor. If you are not entirely gay, could we go to a room, could you give me a back massage and fuck me the most and hardest that you can. I think I even saw some Sildenafil next to the Gideon Bible and the vibrator when I stayed in one of the rooms in this facility in June."

"I don't know where you got the impression that I was gay. I doubt that there are a lot of gay men who come to these Club events. Particularly with a woman as beautiful and talented as you are, I doubt we will have to resort to chemistry unless you expect me to do alone what Madison and Naomi have a squadron to accomplish."

Any harbor in a storm, Stephanie thought as she went into Walzer's room and took off her clothing for the third time that night.

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Excellent read, but....

a short recap of the bios would help to remember the persons behind the names. Not reading the complete story from chapter 1 onwards leads to forgetting the finer details. Manchmal ist ein Hauptpersonenkasten praktisch, especially in serialized stories. And you tend to work with rather great family structures.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

The story info read "Naomi and Stephanie play at Level Four". I think its probably supposed to say "two" instead of "four".

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Several times during this story, it's pointed out that the Club does not cheat - the little number-generating devices are truly random, and not rigged. This is likely true, at least most of the time, for several reasons:

1) Gambling is prohibited in Nevada unless licensed, and the Gaming Control Board could insist on an audit of the electronic devices. If the Nevada Gaming Commission ever got wind of cheating, it could revoke their gambling license, regulate or fine the Club lots of money.

2) The Club isn't hiding. So the FBI or any other legal branch could easily send undercover agents, either as Club members or even as contestants. If an investigation turned up anything nefarious, criminal charges or other legal trouble would ensue. The Club clearly wants to avoid that.

3) The players might catch on. Cheating the numbers for one turn can easily be missed, or passed off as luck of the draw. But consistently rigging the numbers, over the course of a 100-turn game, may become noticeable to one or more observant players. This breaks the player's trust, and so isn't worth it to the Club in the long run.

4) Cheating spoils the fun. By taking randomness out of the devices, it ruins the enjoyment of gambling. Many Club members are self-proclaimed habitual gamblers. So they're not going to juke the number gizmos and ruin their chance to bet with each other. At least and especially for low-level games.

.

But at Level 4, it's possible the Club actually does cheat, perhaps just near the endgame or final few turns, so they can pick a specific woman to become center, and/or block certain types from winning at level 4. Why?

.

Many contestants have husbands or social connections in their communities. Friends, parents, other family, clients, loved ones, perhaps even children. Should it be true that a Level-4 center is to be enslaved for a year or more (a decade?!) to disappear into that role. However, a socially-connected woman cannot be unplugged from her life for that long without being noticed and missed. If the wrong sort of woman strikes out a Level 4 game, that would cause all kinds of unwanted attention, questions, and problems for the Club. Surely they don't want that trouble.

.

The ideal candidate to get 'picked' as winner at level 4 has no such connections. Nobody to notice them go missing. Which begs the following observation: Stephanie never visits, calls, talks about, or even thinks about, her parents. Did something happen to them that they're not alive or involved in her life anymore? She seems an only child too, no siblings. Apparently no aunts, uncles or cousins either. Bad luck for her. The Club knows her real name and can easily pay for a private eye or background check to learn that she has no family.

.

Stephanie also appears to not have any real, meaningful friends. No friends at all, outside the game. A Roberta was briefly mentioned in the first chapter, but who hasn't been seen since - and to whom Steph did not trust enough to truly confide any of her secrets.

.

Steffi lives alone, unattached, no boyfriend or roommate. The only guys she spends time with are booty calls, no real relationship. She doesn't even have a pet! Absolutely nobody would miss her if she vanished.

.

One of her bosses at the bank, the CFO Roger Johnson, even seems to be a Club member and could cover up things at her workplace, to make it look like she quit or something. Probably few coworkers would notice anyway, or ask many questions, since it seems there's nobody close to her.

.

In other words, Stephanie is the ideal sort of player who the Club wants for center at level 4, to become a lifetime slave. If the Club ever does cheat with the number devices, it seems highly likely they'd set it up for Stephanie to lose at Level 4. She might not suspect or realize it's rigged until too late. The last game she ever plays.

.

To summarize: If Stephanie goes to Mexico, that may be the last time anybody from her old life ever sees of her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Is the subtitle/chapter-name a typo?? It mentions level four, not two.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

First, excellent story - Thank you! Please keep writing. I've been eagerly waiting to read about game 2, as the games themselves are the most interesting part for me.

.

During this game, Stephanie opts to use the following strategy; do nothing. Never take a new number. Trust in cosmic forces.

.

Stephanie then wonders what will happen to her chances of getting a strike this way. Here's the answer: about 32%

.

There are 112 possible combinations (14 numbers for the player, 8 for the house. 8x14=112) where 36 of them result in a strike. 36 out of 112 equals approximately 32.14% Therefore a player following a "do nothing" strategy at Level 2, like Steffi did, has about a one-in-three chance of getting a strike each turn.

.

For the record though, this 'do nothing' strategy was a bit of a letdown - I do like it more when Steffi deliberately takes risks during the game, because it's fun to read her internal rationalization - the excuses she makes to herself - for why to play poorly on some turns. Psychological self-deception. Plus the thrill of the risk can be almost like taking a hit of sex drugs for her, teasing herself to higher levels of arousal, which is hot as hell to read. Oh well. Maybe she'll switch back to a random-risks strategy for her next game.

.

Some notes on the game itself; Final scores:

Madison - 24

Naomi - 23

Stephanie, Maggie, and Janet - 22

Priya - 20

Ami - 19

Ashley, Precious, and Luna - unknown, but presumably in the high-teens.

.

This spread of scores fits within the expected distribution for a group of players following various hybrid or inconsistent strategies under level 2 rules. Everybody (or nearly everybody) ends up naked. Which is exactly what the Club wants.

.

If Janet truly tried to play optimal safe (rather than somehow flawed), then she did get somewhat unlucky - but not in any sort of unrealistic way. As Walzer points out, sometimes people just get dealt shit.

.

Evidence hints that several players were taking risks or not always trying to play safe. Yet none of the players, to include the winner Madison, were speedrunning (or always taking max risks). Walzer confirms this during post-game analysis.

.

Under these conditions it's reasonable to expect a game at level-2 rules to last somewhere between 50-70 turns, or about an hour or two of gametime. The story appears to accurately reflect this (There were 3 breaks, supposedly spaced about 45 minutes apart, but the 1st break came only a few minutes after the game started, and the last break happened right before the final few turns. If each turn takes between a minute or two, to allow time for sexy stripping, then everything adds up correctly.) Well done! I like the internal consistency of this story. None of the details contradict each other, and everything fits with what's predicted by math and statistics. Nice!

.

Thank you again for writing this amazing story. I'm looking forward to further chapters!

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Gangbang Gone Bad A normal, bored 30ish woman answers an ad & regrets it.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Teen Whore Gets Used Olivia auditions for a movie, ends up covered in cum.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Ashley the School Slut Ashley keeps getting used rough by the older men in her life.in NonConsent/Reluctance
The Challenge: Ch. 01 Cassie takes an unusual job which pushes her limits.in BDSM
Becky Gets Put in Her Place Pt. 01 Becky is blackmailed into sexual service.in NonConsent/Reluctance
More Stories