Adult Situations Ch. 41-42

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Heather said, "I have two professional mentors here that I don't want to leave. Dave is one, and his sister-in-law, who lives next door is another. She's Crystal's sister, too, and also Dave's step-mother. She's also a nurse, and has already helped me get the best summer job someone with my age and lack of experience could get. I'm working in the ER -- the EMERGENCY ROOM. NO candy striper has ever worked there before. That's like the place where all the action is. Moreover, I got to stand in on a major rescue surgery three days ago. I had to hold some of the equipment for the doctors as they operated. Even interns don't always get to do that. I'm like being asked to do great things. I'd never have that opportunity without living here."

"You saw a rescue surgery? What kind?"

"A shooting. The man had three bullets in him. One was very near his heart. I never realized how much damage a bullet can do once it hits you. He was really torn up inside. He'd lost most of his blood. They had to give him about fifteen pints during the operation. I was also one of couriers for the blood from the hospital's blood bank."

"Oh, my, God. And you want to be a nurse?" Heather's mother sounded very disapproving.

"Definitely, but I'm also starting to think about becoming at doctor -- a trauma doctor. Dr. Thorsen, the MD that let me view the six-hour procedure, was so calm and cool throughout the whole thing. He talked the whole time and told what he was doing and why? It was being recorded for the hospital records.

"If you take me from my mentors, I lose that connection to my future career options. Dave and Trish have helped me set goals and we'd laid out a path for me to achieve them. I've talked to the local college, too, based on their introductions. I am so motivated I can't wait for school to begin. I'm already studying anatomy."

"And you won't move home?" Some of her mother's bite was gone.

"No." Heather sounded decisive.

There was a strangling sound from Heather's mother that we took as one of resignation. I made a note to praise Heather later for sticking up for her own chosen lifestyle.

###

List of Characters (Dramatis Personae)

Couples grouped together.

Dave Toller and Crystal Wolcott -- cyber security expert/Ross's son & flight attendant/runs Crystal Blue Photography (CBP).

Ross Toller & Trish Wolcott -- Investment manager/Dave's father & nurse/Crystal's older sister.

Greg Caldwell & Darlene Mentis -- Lawyer & nurse. She works w Trish.

Mitch & Deborah Singer -- Runs Silver's Gym & flight attendant.

Molly & Jake Walters -- private porn client of CBP & kinky husband.

Allison & William Kirby -- private porn client of CBP & husband.

Kit & Dax Morrison -- private porn clients of CBP.

Brian & Beth Wolcott -- Trish & Crystal's parents. Farm equipment sales & middle school teacher.

Carol Grainger -- video editor for CBP

Jackie Turner -- private porn client of CBP

Maitlin Westlake -- private porn client of CBP

Steve & Julie Wallace -- client of Crystal + HVAC bux. & runs modeling agency

Wendy Wallace -- Steve's daughter. College freshman.

Lisa Wallace -- Steve's daughter. High school senior.

Derek Frost -- Wendy's BF. College sophomore.

Jade & Carl Dewherst -- bride and groom

Ken Beck & Savannah Sorrell -- best man and matron of honor at Jade & Carol's wedding

Kim Stanley -- Julie Wallace's mother; Lisa and Wendy's grandmother; rich venture capitalist.

Madison Landry -- high school senior; friend of Lisa's.

Doug & Penny Rogers --neighbors next-door to Ross's house.

Stacy Landry -- Madison's mother

Paul Richards -- work colleague with Ross

Josh Kirby -- Internet trader. Bill Kirby's younger brother.

Harley Palmer -- high school friend of Lisa Wallace.

Cory Thomas -- Carol's computer date. Works at Zenith Technology.

Dale and Patricity Short -- across the street neighbors

Morgan Hunter -- friend of Josh & Allison

Tara Green -- friend of Carol. Caterer and flight attendant

Daryl Wills -- friend of Jackie Turner via CBP

Roy Marten -- friend of Maitlin Westlake via CBP

Tom Dayton -- friend of Deborah Singer

Elynn Ghent -- friend of Paul; works with Ross.

Adam and Jill Timms -- another find by Carol

Macy Clark -- friend of Tara; flight attendant.

Heather Sellens -- graduating student; future nurse; Lisa's friend

Chyanne Winslow -- graduating student; Lisa's friend

Mandy Jakes -- graduating student; Lisa's friend

Lynell Wynne -- graduating student; Lisa's friend

Daisy Gervais -- graduating student; Lisa's friend

Tom Dayton -- friend of Deborah Singer

Tammy Sellens -- Heather's sister

Some incidental characters such as Kate Sellens -- Heather's mother, are not listed as they do not reappear in any further significant manner.