Being Jim Ch. 07: Barbra's Wish

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good morning." She said softly into my shoulder as I brought my right hand down to caress her arms at my abdomen.

"I was trying not to wake you." I said softly in return.

"Oh you didn't, but I did feel a little cold after I realized you had gotten up already." She explained. Another rolling peel of thunder almost shook the building.

"I wonder how long it's going to be raining. It might put a damper on any sigh seeing plans for today." I stated as Barb released me from her grip and side stepped over to have a seat on the toilet to tend to some urgent business of her own.

"Mmmm... you are probably right. I was thinking though... I've pretty much seen everything I wanted to while I was up here and I'm kind of missing my dogs and my own bed. Would you be upset if I suggested we head home today?" Barb asked. She pulled off some paper off the roll and stood up just enough to reach under her sleep shirt and wipe herself dry. She flushed and stood up and I wrapped my arms around her shoulders as she pressed herself into my chest.

"No, I don't mind either. It has been fun being here with you, but the place doesn't matter to me, it's you that matters. If you want to go home let's go home." I said softly while we both just sort of stood arm in arm and rocked gently from side to side.

"It is still kind of early though, even for check out. Why don't we lie back down for a while longer?" Barb asked by way of suggestion. Stifling a yawn I mumbled my approval and we separated long enough to walk back to the bed and climb in. Spooned up close and soon we were both back to sleep as the rain fell and the thunder rolled.

An hour or so later we both woke again but continued to lay snuggled up together in that now familiar spoon. The Sound of the falling rain had been replaced by the hissing sound of car tires on the pavement as they drove passed the hotel on the wet roadways. There was no more thunder to be heard so it was a safe assumption that the storm from earlier in the morning had moved on. In the back of my mind I was thinking that would make it easier to load up the rental car with our stuff before we left.

"I'm going to miss this most of all Jim." Barb said softly with a hint of sadness in her voice.

"What, exactly?" I asked a little puzzled.

"This... The closeness, going to sleep in your arms... waking up in your arms. A girl can really grow to like those things. You make me feel so... safe. So wanted." She said with a sigh.

"Yeah, I could get used to it too. Maybe I've lived by myself for so long that I really didn't appreciate the difference... till this trip. I have so much to thank you for Barb..."

I was going to go on to say more but in a flash I suddenly found myself being beaten about my head and face with a pillow. Barb had literally growled and spun out of my arms grabbing the very pillow we had both been sharing a moment before and standing on her knees began to pound me with it.

"I WARNED YOU!" She said growling and giggling as she continued to swing the pillow at me time and time again.

I was finally able to grab it and arrest her assault, at least with the pillow because the moment she relinquished control of that she went on the attack with her fingers.

TICKLE ASSAULT!

I squirmed and batted and swatted and tried to fend her off but she was determined and very energetic. It wasn't until I literally fell off the side of the bed that she stopped trying to tickle me. I lay on the floor beside the bed panting and trying to catch my breath.

"Wh... What... Was that for?" I asked breathlessly.

"It was for you... being... YOU!" Barb growled with mock severity as she lay flat on her stomach looking over the side of the bed at me on the floor, her hands hanging loosely over the edge as she too tried to catch her breath. She couldn't hide the smile on her face though, or the twinkle in her eyes. All I could do was look up at her and grin in response... but I couldn't resist just pushing a little more...

"Barb... I love you too." I said and blew her a kiss.

"Oh My God!" Barb bemoaned and rolled over on her back and sighed as if in surrender.

I got up on my hands and knees and leaned over the edge of the bed and kissed her forehead as she looked up into my eyes with those big brown eyes of hers. The soft serene smile on her face, even looking at it upside down, was a sight to cherish. She brought her hands to either side of my face and pulled me down to kiss her lips. It was one of those long sweet soft kisses that just melt your heart.

"I love you too Jim. I always will you know." She declared when we parted after the kiss.

"Now come on. Let's get a move on and get ready to go home. You can pack some while I use the bathroom." Barb said and she rolled over and scooted back across the bed on her hands and knees then turned and went into the little bathroom.

Just like packing to come up here in the first place, I didn't have much to pack back up to take home. Oh sure there was the fudge and smoked fish and a few souvenirs I'd purchased but it wasn't that much and I was going to use the little Styrofoam cooler we'd bought to take on our beach picnic earlier in the week. Might as well put it to use I thought.

I set my gym bag on the foot of the bed and left it open to toss my sleep clothes in after I peeled them off. I was about to ask Barb if she was going to take a shower when I heard her turning on the taps. I smiled and peeled off my clothes and tossed them in the bag and padded my naked butt into the bathroom to join her.

"I was wondering if you were going to take the hint or not..." Barb chuckled in that low sultry voice that told me I had made the right decision.

"Actually I thought you just might need an extra hand or two to clean up before we got dressed" I offered casually. The grin on her face was priceless as she stepped into the shower and held the curtain open for me to join her.

I could go on to describe the showering and cleaning and the love making we did that morning but it was just as exciting and fulfilling as most any other time Barb and I were intimate throughout this trip. Even my aftershock couldn't dim the pleasure we gave and received from one another. It was brief as things go as we both had in our minds that we had a long way to travel that day to get home.

We dried one another off and got started on our preparations to leave for home. Barb of course took a bit longer in the bathroom with hair and what little make up she wore. I dressed and finished packing all of my things and took them to the car. I returned in time to carry Barb's finished packing to the car as well.

Standing in the room we both held one another and looked around at where we had lived together all this past week and replayed our adventures in our minds, or at least the highlights... I know I did. A short mental review of the most wonderful vacation I've ever had up to that point.

Turning back to each other we looked into one another's eyes, perhaps sharing the same thoughts, certainly sharing the moment in love and affection for each other. Of course there was another long sensual kiss to seal this memory as well. Barb leaned back in my arms and looked intently into my face one last time and in a solemn sincere voice she spoke softly to me.

"Jim. This week has been one of the most wonderful that I've ever had with anyone. Since I've known you I have felt more loved and accepted than in any other time in my life. You will never know how special you are or how much I love you. I don't know if I'll ever be able to thank you enough for just being yourself and sharing yourself with me." She said never breaking eye contact. I began to respond of course but I was tutted before I could utter a word. "I know you're going to say thank you and that you mean it but I'm not looking for thanks from you, only acceptance for what I just said. So don't even start! Now come on, let's go before I start crying. I'm so happy I could explode." Barb said with a genuine if a little sad smile. She turned me towards the door and clung to my left arm as we walked out of our little hotel get-away for the last time.

We got in the car and drove around to the hotel office where Barb went inside and settled our bill and got a one night's refund since we were checking out early. Soon after we were on the road headed home.

We crossed that bridge, the Big Mac, one more time headed south. Barb had her left hand clenched in my right as we crossed over that last time. She was looking out the window but I don't think she was seeing the scenery at the time. That faraway look in her eyes was for a different time... recent or long ago I don't know but she was smiling that sad sweet smile all the while.

Our drive home was much like the trip up to Michigan... several stops for restroom and to eat, and of course to get gas for the car. Nothing noteworthy stood out about the trip really and it did seem to go by faster than the trip was coming up to Michigan.

The shadows were getting long as we finally pulled into my apartment complex parking lot that evening. Barb had to use the bathroom something awful by then so she came inside with me after I parked the car and unloaded my stuff. We had talked about taking her stuff to her house first but then I was reminded that we still needed to maintain our discretion a bit longer before her divorce was finalized. Barb explained that the rental company was coming to her house to pick the car back up anyway, all she had to do was unload her bags and stuff when she got home and she was done with it.

Inside my apartment I found a stack of mail placed neatly on my dining table, courtesy of my landlord Judy. There was also a note telling me she had been here the day the pest control company had come to spray the buildings. Barb said that was nice of her. I agreed. Barb wrapped me in her arms once more by the door after she had taken care of business in the bathroom. She was reluctant for our time together to be over but she was also anxious to get home and see her dogs and call her son. That reminded me I needed to call my own folks and let them know I was home safe and sound, if a little early.

We shared another long soul searching kiss before Barb parted and I opened the door for her. She smiled that sweet loving smile and reached up and touched my face gently with her right hand. Instead of saying goodbye she simply said that she'd see me soon. I stood in my door and watched her turn to go... down the stairs to the main door and then out. Yes, I would see her soon indeed.

I did call my folks of course, and spent a while telling my mom about the trip to Mackinac Island and walking the bridge and the sights and things. She got a laugh out of my story about the "pasties". Of course I didn't go into any detail about anything else Barb and I did while we were up there and my mom didn't ask. I guess she knows her baby boy better than I ever thought.

I put all my stuff away after unpacking and then went through the fridge and cupboards to make a grocery list for tomorrow. By then the long day and all that driving was beginning to catch up with me but I knew I had to check in with my other family and friends, those that were online at my electronic home at Night Friends.

I had a seat at my desk and fired up my computer for the first time this week. As my modem did its electronic dance and connected with the board I sat and reflected on my time spent away with Barbra this week. I was smiling as my monitor displayed the log on screen and awaited my input.

USER ID:

Frodov

PASSWORD:

I typed my password and hit enter and waited for the screen to scroll down. I looked to see who else was online and then checked for messages. Granted it was early for a Friday evening but I was still a little disappointed to find so few people online at the time and most of those I wasn't really acquainted with so I didn't message anyone. I did read and respond to several emails before sending some emails to a few friends that I wanted to let know I was home safe and sound after my vacation. That would have included Todd and Anne of course, and Angelica and a few others that I talked to on a regular basis or even saw as friends from time to time.

I then dropped down into the trivia game for a few minutes but I was still somewhat distracted and couldn't concentrate, and there was no one else really chatting other than just to play the game so I left there and logged off the board.

I spied my notebook lying on the desk next to my keyboard and noticed that it was opened. I frowned thinking to myself that I was pretty sure that I had closed it when I had stopped writing in it the last time. Hmmm... I wonder if Miss Judy had taken a peek at it. I smiled to myself and thought that if she had then she may have well gotten an eye full. I hoped that she had read Pet Story but the page opened was for the latest story involving the use of the blindfolds. My My My... Curiosity is a wonderful thing but you might learn things that you never suspected. With a mental shrug I closed the notebook and stood to begin changing out of my street clothes and into my sleep wear. I pulled out a clean pair of sweatpants from my dresser and a clean tee shirt, that done I collapsed onto my bed and barely remember turning out the bedside lamp before I was sound asleep.

The next morning I awoke to the sound of keys rattling in my door. At first I was confused and my mind a little befuddled but then my brain kicked into gear. Who would be trying to get into my apartment? I thought, and then it dawned on me that I had in fact returned home early and my landlord was simply doing what she had said she would, collecting my mail and leaving it in my apartment for me.

So Judy was a little startled when as she was setting yesterday's mail on my dining table and I appeared around the doorway in the kitchen, still sleepy and my hair standing up with a severe case of bed head.

"Surprise." I said with a goofy grin. Judy nearly jumped out of her shoes before she realized that it was me.

"Oh My! You nearly scared me to death! I didn't think you were getting back till this evening Jim." She said at first startled but recovering quickly.

"And you would be correct. No, I came home a day early, it was late so I didn't bother calling you, I'm sorry Judy. I want to thank you though for being so kind and collecting my mail... and letting in the pest control guy too, Thank you." I said earnestly and then remembered that I had in fact got Judy a thank you gift while I was in Michigan. "Oh! By the way... Hang on a second, since you're here you can save me a trip to your office." I said turning to the fridge and opening it to pull out the bag with the fudge I had bought for her. I turned and gave Judy the bag and expressed my thanks for being such a wonderful landlord.

"Oh Jim, you didn't need to get me anything." She said while beaming with delight, her eye glittering a bit but from happiness of maybe a tear I wasn't sure.

She opened the bag and peeked inside seeing the fudge she all but licked her lips before smiling even bigger.

"Thank you Jim." She said. Then she politely excused herself and left. I smiled knowing I had made her day, or at least made it a little brighter.

I went back to the kitchen and was again looking in my fridge only to realize that I'd yet to go to the grocery and I had nothing to eat in there. Oh wait! There was something, the smoked whitefish I had bought for myself. Smiling I took it out and got some crackers out of the cupboard and went to my desk with a can of coke. I had some fish and crackers and worked on my latest story a bit. I would call Barb later and then get dressed and go to get some groceries. I'd have to be up all day and late into the night to get back on my regular sleeping schedule for work... Damn... work... I had to go in Sunday night. Life goes on...