Big Bang Theory Season 13 Ep. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She drew in a heavy breath, "Amy and I had to use the ladies room and when we came back, it seemed she had downed most of the shots we had lined up and was ordering more. We tried stopping her, but you know her. We persuaded her to leave and we thought we were in the clear. One night of drinking isn't that bad for the baby, but when we got back to the apartment, the elevator was out of order. She said she used the stairs for twelve years and didn't need any help getting up the stairs. She made it up the first flight, but once she got on the landing, she stumbled and fell back. We tried catching her, but she tumbled down a flight."

"Oh my God, Bernadette, is she okay?"

"Um, yeah, you've heard a drunk knows how to fall, just a mild sprained wrist, but Leonard, I'm so sorry."

"GOD DAMN IT BERNIE, WHAT IS IT YOU'RE NOT TELLING ME?!"

She let out a stifled moan, "Leonard, she lost the baby!" She broke down and started crying.

Oh the other end of the phone, Leonard collapsed and fell off the sofa and slipped to the floor. Curling up in a ball, he started balling like a baby.

Howard took the phone that fell to the floor and he spoke up, "Hey Bernie, what the hell is going on?"

She told him the whole thing and he was shocked. He told her he'd be leaving and returning as soon as possible.

He told Raj, Sheldon, Denise and Stuart what happened and they were stunned. Howard turned to Sheldon, "I think it would be best if you stayed here. We all know how much you hate hospitals and Leonard needs consoling now. Don't take this the wrong way, but if you said the wrong thing, I wouldn't stop Leonard from flooring you."

Sheldon was about to argue, but knew he was right, "Okay Howard, I'm not that ignorant when it comes to feelings, but I don't want to hurt my friend by saying the wrong thing, even though I wouldn't mean it. I'll stay here with Stuart and Denise. You take Leonard back with Rajesh and we'll get back later." He turned to Leonard and stooped down at his friend who had stopped crying, but was curled up and rocking back and forth, "Leonard, I don't wanna say the wrong thing, but I have to say, I'm very, very sorry that you have to go through this. I hope you can find your way through this and forgive Penny for losing control. Please don't hate her; I'm sure she's heartbroken too." He patted his on the shoulder.

Leonard stared up at him with bloodshot eyes and nodded. He replied in barely a whisper, "Thank you Sheldon, I know that was hard for you and I'm thankful to have a friend like you. Could you do me a favor and pack my clothes and bring them back with you?"

Sheldon nodded, "I'll have Denise or Stuart do it, I can't handle someone else's clothes, but yeah, don't worry about it, go, go be with your wife."

Howard and Raj rushed around and packed their clothes. Howard rented a car and they were on the road back to Pasadena.

Howard drove while Raj rode shotgun. Leonard was curled up in the back, he couldn't sleep, but a million things were running through his head. He didn't know how he was going to react when he saw Penny, but he knew he was getting angrier and angrier by the minute.

He had noticed a slight change in her demeanor over the past couple of weeks. He thought it was just hormones, but now realized she was having second thoughts about having a baby.

When they arrived at the hospital, Howard and Raj immediately went to Penny's side to see how she was. On the other hand, Leonard went to speak to Bernadette and Amy. They were both devastated and hugged Leonard.

Bernadette was a wreck, "Oh my God Leonard, I'm so sorry. I knew we shouldn't have left her alone." She began crying and she was joined by Amy.

Leonard finally pulled back, "I'm not blaming either of you. She is an adult, or at least she should be acting like one. She's always been that way and she'll never change. I have one question, have either of you noticed how she reacted to the drinks?"

Amy stared at him, "What do you mean Leonard?"

I'm having a hard time believing she was really drunk. I hate to accuse her, but I was thinking she may have staged this. She never wanted children and she raked me over the coals when she found out she was pregnant. Do you have any inclination that she was faking it? I've know her to drink and drink and not having it affect her."

Bernadette's jaw dropped, "I can't believe you are actually accusing her of losing the baby on purpose. She hadn't been drinking for several months and now falling off the wagon, the drinks she must have consumed hit her a lot harder than she thought possible."

Leonard held Bernadette's hand, "You've always been a good friend of hers, I just hope what you are saying is correct, if it isn't, I'll never, ever forgive her for this." He looked to Bernadette, "I need you to do me a favor. When you go to work tomorrow, I need you to go through her laptop and check the search engine."

Bernadette looked confused, "What am I looking for?"

He shrugged, "I hate even thinking she'd do this, but I have to know. I want you to see if she looked up how to have a miscarriage by falling. Maybe check to see the easiest way to have an accident look believable and achieve a miscarriage at the same time."

Bernadette was horrified, "I can't believe you're asking me to do this to my friend, but if it is true, how can we call her our friend, making us feel this way and putting it on our shoulders. I'll do it, just for peace of mind." She looked to Amy and back to Leonard, "Wait, I know she'll have it password protected, any idea what it would be?"

He scoffed, "Easy, all of her passwords are either Zack or Kurt. That is Kurt with a "K", pretty pathetic, huh?"

She chuckled, "Yeah, sorry Leonard, you deserve better. If that doesn't work, I'll check with one of the I.T. guys at work, shouldn't be an issue. I just hope to hell you're wrong."

Amy broke it, "Wait, wait, I can't believe we're convicting her even before we have the facts. She's my best friend...Leonard she's your wife, I can't fathom her doing this."

He nodded, "Yeah, I guess you're right. I'm gonna go and see her." He hugged them both and he entered the room. Howard and Raj stared at him. They were pissed he didn't come see his wife, making them sit with her, especially when they couldn't give her a reason why he wasn't there sooner. They left the room, leaving the two of them alone.

He hugged her and buried his face in the crook of her neck. The waterfall began and he sobbed uncontrollably. He gently caressed her hair on the back of her head as he tried to chase away the thought she would kill their unborn baby.

"Oh Leonard, I'm such a fool! I hope you have it in your heart to forgive me. We need to speak with the doctor and see how long we need to wait. I wanna try again and this time I swear, if I have to, I'll stay in bed the entire nine months. Please, please forgive me." She began sobbing and real tears ran down her cheeks.

Leonard pulled back and studied her face. He felt bad he actually thought she would do such a thing on purpose. He was having second thoughts about asking Bernadette to check her laptop. He decided to let her do it, for his peace of mind and after bringing it up to Penny's two best friends, their peace of mind too.

They talked about the accident, he was trying to find a crack in her story, but it stayed firm. She either was telling the truth or she had planned this for quite a while and did it perfectly.

After an hour passed, he was drained. He took a step back, "You need your rest and I'm exhausted, I'll be heading home to try and sleep. I'll be back in the morning." He waited to see her reaction and saw how she relaxed, again the thoughts of her planning this creeped into his head. He hugged her again and left.

He stopped at the nurse's station and his suspicions were put to rest, at least this portion was; her blood alcohol level was .12. He asked what that meant and the nurse told him it had to be a lot of drinks in a very short period of time. I can't believe a woman her size could even stand with her blood alcohol level that high. One more thing, this was taken after she got here. I'd hate to see what it was at the time of her fall. He thanked her and he felt terrible to even think he had thought she had planned this.

Once home, he opened their computer and checked the search engine, but found nothing. He tried sleeping, but it never came. He didn't know what he was going to do next.

In the morning he took a long shower, he didn't wanna leave it. He wished the shower would wash away all of his problems, but he knew that was impossible. He dried off, dressed and went and made some coffee. He was sitting at the counter when there was a light tapping on his door. He went to open it and it was Amy.

"Hi Leonard, can I come in, I'd like to talk to you."

He moved to the side to allow her in and went to pour his coffee. She followed and stood there waiting for him to acknowledge her. He turned, "Would you like a cup?"

She gave him a weak smile and nodded. She stared at it and took a tiny sip. She put in down and stared at him, "I got a call from Bernadette this morning. She tried calling you, but your phone went directly to voicemail."

He picked up his phone, "Yeah, after everything that happened last night; I needed a night without any interruptions. So what did she tell you?"

She twisted her cup from side to side and took another sip. She looked at him with a tear in her eye, "Bernadette checked Penny's laptop at work and found nothing that would be considered someone trying to learn how to make a miscarriage, looks like an accident." She stared at Leonard and waited, "Leonard did you hear what I said?"

He stared at her with a blank look and suddenly tears began falling down his cheeks. He gave her a weak smile, "That has to be the best news since this entire fiasco began."

Amy got up and ran around to the other side of the counter. She grabbed him and held him and he slumped into her arms. Just then, Raj and Howard came rushing in. They grabbed him and led him into the living room and planted him in his chair. They surrounded him and tried to console him, but it was evident, there wasn't any way to do that. They just had to be there for him.

A few hours later Sheldon returned after the limo dropped off Stuart and Denise. Before even kissing Amy, he went over to Leonard and gave him a rare, big hug, "I'm sorry Leonard. You know I'm not good with this, but I feel for you." He went to see Amy and they spend a long time discussing what happened to Penny.

Afterwards, Leonard, Amy and Sheldon went to the hospital to see Penny. The two of them knew Sheldon felt bad, even even let Leonard sit shotgun while Amy drove there.

Once there, Leonard sat a long time with Penny and they agreed to work on starting a family as soon as they received the green light from the doctor to begin trying.

After some time, Sheldon went in to spend some quality time with Penny. Amy and Leonard went down to the cafeteria to get some coffee and a small snack for Penny.

They returned and heard Penny and Sheldon arguing. Their voices were strained and Leonard held Amy back, "Wait, let's sit back, I wanna hear what the fuck is going on. I never, ever heard Sheldon scream and sound that upset."

"You have to be insane Penny. No way was your baby mine."

"How can you be so sure Sheldon? I couldn't chance it. We fucked three times that night. You filled my cunt to overflowing. I nearly had to force Leonard to fuck me after we got home. I took a long shower, but you were still leaking out of me when he finally came in me, it had to be your baby. That is why I had to get the abortion pill from my lab guy at work. If the baby came out and looked like you, Leonard would have been crushed."

Amy put her hand up to her mouth and let out a tiny sob. She slumped against Leonard, "Oh, I am so, so sorry, Leonard. He was supposed to be your best friend and to impregnate her and having her pass it off for yours, that is unforgivable."

Sheldon stood up and hovered over her. He screamed out, "It can't be mind, you have to believe me."

She shook her head, "Sorry Sheldon, it has to be yours or I wouldn't have done what I did."

He leaned in, "I have a vasectomy a couple years ago. It can't be mine. After that summer where I made Christi pregnant. The love of my life, Angela Page. I was about to ask her to marry me, but she was killed in the line of duty. I made babies with your sister, Leonard's sister, my sister and even Dr. Stephanie Barnett. What pushed me to having a vasectomy was having triplets with Summer Glau and her not wanting to have anything to do with me. She had three boys, named them Lee, Cooper and Sheldon. He raised his voice, "She used my three names for the boys, it nearly drove me crazy. After that I swore not to have any more kids, I had the vasectomy. I just haven't found a way to tell Amy yet."

All of the color left Penny's face, she was shocked, "Oh my God, do you mean I WAS carrying Leonard's baby?"

He took her hand, "Yes, now you have to tell him the truth."

She stared at him, "I can't he'll never forgive me."

Leonard tightened his grip on Amy. He didn't want her running away. He pulled on her arm as they entered the room.

Both Sheldon and Penny turned to see them. The blood drained from their faces. They knew they were heard what they were discussing from the expression on their faces.

Leonard was raging with anger, he knew now that his suspicions were warranted. Just a little off base. He never put two and two together, having Penny thinking that the baby wasn't his, but Sheldon's.

Amy was furious too, but not because of what Penny did, but because she found out she couldn't bare any children by her snake of a husband. Tears began rolling down her cheeks as she stared at Sheldon with contempt. "How...how could you? You married me under false pretenses. Were you gonna get me drunk, have someone else fuck me and impregnate me?"

He just stared at her and shrugged, "Sounds like a great option, never though of that though!"

Leonard turned to Amy, 'We sure married a pair didn't we? Look at him, no remorse. Unlike Penny, at least she looks ashamed of what she did, or maybe it's just because she got caught." He looked to Penny, "Find your own way back to the apartment when you check out tomorrow. I won't be there, I have to get away and calm down or you may need more than a MRI!"

He turned to leave, but Amy stopped him, "Wait, I'll go with you!"

Sheldon blurted out, "How do you expect me to get home?"

She spun and glared at him, "I REALLY DON'T GIVE A FUCK! Shack up with Penny, at least she'll know now that you can't knock her up." She turned to Leonard, "Let's get the fuck out of here before I shove something up his ass, and he'll needs a prostate exam!"

They left the hospital. Both Leonard and Amy packed a bag and left the apartment complex, both taking their own cars in opposite directions.

A lot more to come in chapter 3 and beyond!

12