Blake, Broadway, and the Diamond Riddle Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Blake came in from an exhausting day in class, and with the theatrical play two weeks away, she collapsed in bed. Suddenly 1/2 hour later, she woke and opened her eyes wide; she shouted, "What is smaller than a locomotive, just as fast, but will never get you anywhere?"

" A bomb!"

Saying, "A bomb is smaller, but in a car is just as fast; if it blows up will get you nowhere;" was a message threatening Emilie's life. Blake fumbled around, looking for her phone, texting Emilie, then calling.

Still seated at the restaurant, Emilie said," interesting, but no new information," got up, paid the bill, and headed to her car.

Blake was frantic; what should she do? She hurried to grab her phone, texting Emelie. "DO NOT GET IN YOUR CAR URGENT." She sent this text as an emergency. She waited thirty seconds, but no text or call came back.

Emilie got in her car, started it but heard her phone buzz did not put it in gear but took her phone looking at it. But at the same time, she heard a strange ticking sound.

Blake called 911, saying, "A bomb was in her friend's car!"

The operator told her if this were a joke, she could face criminal charges. "So, where are your friend and car?" The 911 operator asked.

Blake said, "I don't know," but gave the lady, Emilie's cell phone number and description.

The operator took Blake's personal information informing the detectives to give her a visit. They took Emilie's number, placed it in a location finder then dispatched a car to that location.

Police sirens were faintly in the distance when Emilie saw Blake's text. She shut off the car jumping out. She told everyone to get back because her car had a bomb inside.

People scattered away from the area.

A police car showed up minutes later, closing the block surrounding the vehicle with a swat team and a bomb squad dog.

Detective white showed up, questioning Emilie and taking her to his police precinct, whether the car had a bomb in it or not.

Detective Rosario arrived at the Blake apartment, taking her downtown for questioning. They figured the girls were way over their heads, perhaps getting spooked.

At the Copacabana restaurant, the area was cordoned off while the bomb squad dog checked for signs of a bomb; or if this was a hokes. It was not; the dog alerted the officer; it was indeed a bomb.

The national news service flashed on the major TV stations that perhaps a terrorist bomb was found in NY City. When the alert flashed, Brian, Blake's father, was at the time watching a major league baseball game. This got his attention when he heard his daughter's name, and her friend mentioned; then called Amber, Blake's mother, over from her bedroom.

Officer Rosario, questioning Blake, asked, "So how you knew that riddle is amazing. So, I take it you woke up from sleep, and it came to you?"

"Yes - sir," Blake answered.

Officer White had just confiscated all the evidence Emelie had gathered over these past few months, saying to her, "You got lucky this time; we retrieved the device, and with this new information, we will be able to track down who bought all this stuff; highly illegal yes; but easily traceable.' 'We will need to put you, Emelie Carpenter, in protective services, but we expect this to be wrapped up soon,' 'with what we gathered and Mrs. Carpenter's. Looking at Emelie, he said, "Of course, you understand the car will be impounded as evidence?"

Emelie whimpered, shaking her head; she understood.

Blake and Emelie hugged each other.

Gerald Johnston looking at the national news, said, "My, look at that."

A week later, news broke that the Jewelry store robber was the owner's wife's brother, who was charged with criminal robbery, terrorism, and reckless endangerment.

Emelie received a full scholarship from NY State University, a job as a news reporter from the NBC affiliate, a new car from the Jewelry store owner, and a 10,000-dollar reward for help in the recovery of the stolen items.

Detective White said, "Thanks to you, Emelie, we will put this nut away for a long time."

Blake received accolades for deciphering both riddles; she was invited to tell her story on the morning news shows, who asked what she did in her personal time. She told them about appearing in the Broadway play, the Queen's Gambit. Both her and Emelie were NY City celebrities. This helped the Musical, who sold all tickets as the city wanted to see the girl who solved the riddle case; she received top billing, extremely unusual for a newcomer in the business.

The day arrived; her parents and sisters were there, along with Emelie's family. The play went exceptionally well, with a standing ovation.

A special appearance from her favorite actress, Lively Blakely, the one she was named after. Arrived backstage, who hugged, congratulated her, and asked about the robbery, riddle, and her life. She got her autograph, of course, it was the happiest day of her life.

The End...

12