Claiming the Skies Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You didn't have to do that." I say walking into the room.

"I need to clean up in here anyway. Let's get the rest of the components in here so we can free Hoax." She said flipping her hair back and giving me a 'spank me' look.

She missed you.

"You keep quiet about what's in my head or I'll leave you in there." She growls towards the sarcophagus.

"Alright, we're reunited. The rivalry can wait a day or two. We can but heads and grind bodies after we get Oolox and Quad."

"Quads dead." She says coming to a halt.

When? I didn't feel her pass.

I listened in stunned silence.

"Marcus killed her when she refused to be his. He wanted to become you. Take your place, I mean. He never understood what we were to you and had the church unbind her from your bonds."

"She fell apart." I said feeling the pain stir and my breath catching my throat as I held back my tears.

What became of her parts?

"Her soul gem. I could bring her back."

"I don't know. You remember how cagey Marcus was towards the end. Oolox and Hoax were already hidden away. I feared what would happen to me if I got to close the him. And after Hellena married The Prime Minister's son, I felt hiding was far safer." She said lifting the last crystal rod out of the sarcophagus.

"So that would something else to put on the to-do list."

The grating on stone on stone came from the bottom of the sarcophagus. I leaned in to help Hoax free himself only to come face to face with him as he stood.

Jinx giggled, "You're white too."

He was, chalk white save his eyes, which were sky blue. I held out my hand and helped him step out. It also gave us a chance to relink our shared perception. Looking myself over through his eyes. I looked just as much of an albino, other than my eyes being solid black.

"Hoax - check, mirror - check, food - not looking like this."

Let's head to the Manor. Jordan and Ren will have food. Oolox is there as well. You can take some time to plan how we should proceed. We can also catch up on what we have missed. Possibly find out why magic feels so wrong, which could explain why we look bleached.

"He has a point, Apex. Three decades is a long time." Jinx said putting the knocker back in her belt pouch.

I nod, "Let's go."

Reopening the doors, the courtyard is there once more. We made our way toward the Manor. The city was quiet, to quiet. It grated on my nerves how still a city of this size was given the hour. Not quite midnight and the streets were mostly empty. We walked the span of six blocks and not once had I seen a guard patrol, stagging bar patron, or anyone looking like a night denizen.

"Jinx, how long has the city been like this?"

"What do you mean?" she asked.

She isn't sure what you're asking. She hasn't noticed. Over the last fifteen years the city's night has gotten quieter. Most of the citizens return home before ten.

"But the guilds, smugglers, the typical riff-raff?"

"Purged. The church has reign over the city in that regard." Jinx said. "Why are you digging around in my head?"

I'm not digging. I gently inventorying. Your thoughts are your own. But thirty years would be daunting to learn in a single night. I was just peeking to help the process along.

"I get that but you should have asked." Jinx says stalking away from them. "Stay out of my personal stuff, seafood."

"She's gotten independent."

Thirty years on her own, she had to.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Captain John Phillips of the Pel'Therous paced the deck looking over the proposed changes to the ship. Lady Raga had laid out a very enticing plan. Scrying a town before they left the one they were in. Getting a list of goods that would bring the most coin.

The sound of foot steps behind him shook him from his daydream. When he turned Dean and Casey nodded.

"You wanted to see us Captain?" the older of the two Casey asked.

"I'm thinking about making changes to the crew." John says.

"You're not getting rid of us?" Dean yelped.

"Calm yourself Dean. The opposite actually. The two of you are the only ones I would replace." John said.

"Why, Captain? Your first mate has been with you for almost two years." Casey asks.

"Follow me, somethings are better need more privacy than an empty deck. But one reason, and an important one, is that either of you has family to answer too." John said as he turned to the stern castle door.

Dean looked confused but fell in step with Casey as they went below deck. Casey mused at the captain's candid demeanor. Once in his privet cabin, Casey smirked as the female scents lingering in the air.

"Close the door." John said.

Dean closed it, "What is it Captain?"

"How dangerous is it? Not wanted us to have family." Casey asked.

"Not dangerous, but dubious. I have had a talk with a perspective client. An unusual client." John started.

"Is she wealthy?" Casey asked.

"You're too clever with that nose. Yes, she is. Very much so." John said fixing a cold glare at Casey.

"Sorry sir." Casey almost whimpered.

"If some of what we'd be doing got back to the church, you don't have family that could be taken hostage. Leveraged against you for information or worse. Neither of you have shown disdain for magic. Nor have you been pussy chasing lunkheads." John said settling into his chair, gauging the reactions.

Both young men stood quietly.

"I see both you are calmly thinking about that. Now, female crew? Could you work with or take orders from women?" John asked.

"I think I get where you're going with this and I have no objections." Casey said respectfully.

"I'd work with women." Dean said sheepishly.

"Would you go against tradition, broach faith, potentially break the trade laws. I'm not talking piracy but profiteering which is viewed almost as badly. In the company of an undocumented Oracle, against the precepts of the Church." John said.

Casey looked unphased, Dean started to fidget.

"Dean, you look troubled. You can leave whenever you wish. If this isn't something you can do..." John was saying.

"Are they pretty women?" Dean asked.

Casey bust out laughing, John joining him a moment later.

"No, I mean. I ain't risking my neck with a bunch of hags or man hating wannabe dick wielders. I don't care about the church or magic, or the 'law' most of the time. If we're not killing people, not stealing, not doing wrong. Nothing else matters, except making money." Dean blathered.

Casey catching his breath, "I agree with that thou I might've put it differently."

"And guns?" John asked.

"Are restricted by the king." Dean said.

"So." John countered leaving them both to silently stare at him. "Would you use one?"

"Sign me up. Gun, woman, magic. I'll use any that will let me." Casey said enthusiastically.

"And you?" John asked pointing at Dean.

"No fuglies, I'm in." Dean replied.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

James froze when the doors of the Manor swung open of their own accord. Two ghastly figures and a shadow climbed the steps. He breathed a sigh seeing Apex and Hoax, recognizing them despite their altered appearances. Jinx just shook her head at him as she often did during her visits.

"Lord!" James chimed spread his arms to embrace me.

"Whoa!" I said holding up a hand. "What's with the title tossing?"

We don't remember being called that. Hoax added.

James stopped, "You're my uncle. You're the older brother of my mother."

"Nelissa!" I blurt.

Years of my life flood my mind painfully. Birthdays, deaths, and holidays flash one after another. Schooling and home training left me dizzy. Some of it felt out of sequence. Other parts were duplicated. Gripping the hand rail of the stairs, I realized Hoax was leaning against me holding himself up as well.

Andy. I'm Adrianos Trezilian, I remembered.

And I am Arty, Artoro Trezilian. Hoax thought as well both turned to look at Jinx.

Breana, Bre, Arty's fiancé. Jinx's previous life.

"Whoa, flood gates of memory set to migraine." I say through gritted teeth.

You can keep all that previous life shit to yourself, Hoax thought, the frigidness of the thought made me shudder.

"Alright... well James, is there anything left in the vault to work with?" I ask giving Arty some mental distance.

"Can we grab a seat or we going to stand in the foyer?" Jinx asked as she walked past James not waiting for an answer.

"Seats, yes. The pallor is open. We never opened the vault; how should I address you?" James asked turning towards the hall.

"Captain will do until I figure out where to go from here." I say. "Wait never?"

"First, neither Ren or I could. Second, between profits and wages the house expenses were covered. We opened an investment account, started a labor trade company, and down scaled other spending. It was lean for a few years but what we gained more then made up for the hardships." James says.

"So, the house is yours. You saved it, improved it, and by right are Lord Trezilian." I say to James.

"But..." James was about to complain before realizing Hoax and Jinx nodded in agreement with what I had said.

Food, James, if you would please.

"You have a full house by the sound of it. Take care of your guests for now. Something to eat and drink will do for now. Privacy would also be welcome. There will be plenty of time for talk tomorrow. We're not going anywhere, yet." I say settling into an overstuffed chair.

"I'll see to it, Captain." James says closing the doors to the pallor at his exit.

The door shuts, "What now? Where'd you wanna begin?" Jinx asks.

"That's tomorrows discussion. Or were you asking how this would affect you?" I ask.

She has a life without us. I can feel her concern without delving into her thoughts. Hoax states mentally.

"Thank you for not digging and yeah it's about me. I'm not ready to give up my life as 'Vex' yet. Paula is a friend and my current Master." Jinx explains.

"You're a slave?" I ask.

Contracted pet-sex slave. Hoax adds.

"I'll give that Hoax. But I'll answer for myself, thanks."

"Did I miss something?" I ask feeling left out.

"Hoax is right, about the sex pet slave. He saw it in my head while I was talking. I like where I am and don't want to vanish overnight." She begins.

"I understand." I empathize.

"I have three-plus months in my current agreement. So, unless the ship is fully outfitted and ready to leave, you haven't found me. I'll stay in touch with Hoax. Pass along any usable information but, I won't abandon my life here."

"I wouldn't ask you to. It's been years, decades in fact. You showing up at the graveyard was unexpected. I'm glad you are healthy and safe. I am under no illusions that things will go right back to how they were before. If you need to get back to your life, go. Be safe, stay in touch, maybe visit." I prattle.

She giggles, "Right, I forgot who I was talking to. Love you both. I'm out. Gotta get back before I'm missed." Then with a wave of her hand she teleported.

"Wait she has..."

I have it. She got tired of carrying it.

"You have the knocker with the components?" I sigh.

Right here, Hoax conveyed holding it up.

The door opened allowing Ses and Anke to enter. Each carried a covered platter. I grinned as both instantly froze seeing Hoax.

"Well, if it isn't the pussy petting pair from my privet peep show. Come in, he doesn't bite." I quip.

But if you're looking for an expert clit servicing, I'm your pleasure demon. Hoax added with a twitch of his facial tentacles.