Rudy Ch. 01: Lisa

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Rudy had to resist the urge to give Lisa an intimate kiss, to let his hands roam onto her firm buttocks. Lisa's pert breasts pressing against his chest, made it even more difficult for him. His mind had been in turmoil for the past few days, but he decided that he had to be firm. He couldn't allow any signal that he had feelings for Lisa to slip through his guard. It would be unfair to give her hope, at least, for now. He deliberately avoided the word 'love' in his thoughts, as it would only make matters worse. He was the first to speak.

"You look great, how is life treating you?"

Lisa's face turned a somewhat dour. "I missed you, and our regular chats in the lab." Then her eyes brightened up, and she looked into Rudy's eyes. "But especially, our shared trips over breaks."

If she hoped to see affection from Rudy's side, she had tried the wrong approach. He tried to keep an emotional distance, knowing that his studies needed to take priority above his personal life. "And your plans for next year?"

Lisa saw the opportunity to throw out another piece of bait. "Pietersburg Gymnasium has a vacancy for a biology teacher and seems interested in recruiting me. They invited me for an interview, I've got a flight to Johannesburg after the ceremony." Lisa took a calculated risk in booking the flight. She learned that Rudy would be flying in from Johannesburg early morning to attend the ceremony, and would fly back in the afternoon. She hoped to end up on the same flight, and that they could end up on adjacent seats.

Rudy avoided the enticement and steered the conversation in another direction. "Your sister is probably very excited about the prospect. When I dropped you off last November, William told me they're thinking of expanding their family. You'd make a great aunt!"

Lisa smiled. "Yes, Trudy told me that she already stopped her birth-control medication at the beginning of the year, and may have started trying by now. They offered me a room in their house until I found my feet, so I'll have time to play with my little niece... or nephew. That is, if I get an offer."

Rudy's eyes showed some life. He knew where William and Trudy lived, he could always go back for Lisa when the time was right. "Seems like a win-win situation, you get free lodging, and your sister, a free babysitter."

It reminded Lisa of something. "By the way, Professor Carlson's sister got pregnant. She couldn't conceive, until she gave in and allowed her husband to have garlic."

Rudy sighed. "So you wouldn't need a substitute sperm donor if you have the same problem." After a bit of silence, he continued. "What are your plans to get to the airport?"

Lisa looked at Rudy when she answered. "I'll order a taxi to get to the airport."

Rudy smiled. "I'm also flying back tonight, I'm on the 17:50 South African Airways flight. I can take you to the airport, unless you have an earlier flight."

Lisa eagerly accepted his offer. "That's kind of you, I'm on the same flight."

The organizers called the graduates' attention, so they could get seated as the ceremony was about to start.

Rudy got a last word in. "I want to chat to a few friends and get a photograph taken. Let's meet up here at four, it would leave enough time to collect your stuff and drive to the airport."

****

Johannesburg airport

Rudy woke up startled in his seat, as the aircraft's wheels touched down on the runway. Lisa's head, which was nuzzled in his neck moments before, jerked as she, too, woke up from her sleep. Rudy looked at Lisa. "Sorry for being such bad company, I just couldn't stay awake. I had a rough week and just needed some rest."

Lisa was disappointed, she had had such high hopes, after being seated next to Rudy, on discussing their friendship, hoping for signs that there was more between them. But she, too, had had a busy week and appreciated the peaceful sleep when the discussion didn't happen. "To be honest, I also needed a good rest." She watched as passengers started to prepare to disembark. She reached for her handbag and retrieved her lipstick to touch up her lips.

The aircraft came to a halt, and soon, passengers started to disembark. Rudy took his handful of items and accompanied Lisa to the carousel, where she'd collect the baggage she had to check in. Rudy saw the time, as they approached an airport information board. He pointed towards the clock and addressed Lisa. "What's your plans from here? It's already dark outside."

Lisa's heart raced. "I made a booking at a guesthouse in Hatfield, and planned to take a taxi to get me there." These were indeed her plans, especially if Rudy wasn't on the same flight. She secretly crossed her fingers...

"I can take you, I have a place in Hatfield, so taking you to the guesthouse wouldn't be out of the way." He looked at Lisa who was looking intently at the carousel, which started to move.

After a lone suitcase and a baby stroller did their round without being claimed, Lisa looked at Rudy. "That would be kind of you." After a dramatic pause, she continued. "The guesthouse said that they can receive guests twenty-four-seven, so I can check in at any time of the night. There is a bell at reception to call the person on duty. Why not have something to eat somewhere and catch up on our lives. I'm still a bit empty after the bite they offered during the flight." She hoped that Rudy would 'bite' on the idea. Anything to extend their time together. She still hoped for a sign.

The suitcase and stroller were claimed when it reappeared where after the carousel was stopped. Rudy thought a bit. He, too, was still hungry after the complimentary light snack provided during the flight. He, also, wanted to extend the time with Lisa. "It's a noble thought, I can also do with something more substantial."

The carousel started to move again and Lisa's attention was drawn to the stream of luggage that came through the rubber curtain. She rushed towards the carousel when she spotted her bag and retrieved it, looking at the name tag to make sure it was hers.

It was Rudy who started talking as they strolled towards the parking area, where Rudy's car was parked. "I can offer you my bed if you're interested. It'll need a change of sheets, though." He saw Lisa's eyes brighten up and he knew it was a mistake. He had to protect himself in the situation. "I'll sleep on the sleeper couch in the study." He couldn't miss the disappointment on Lisa's face and took her hand. 'I would have loved to share another night with you. Fuck, no! I would have loved to share a lifetime with you. But I would be selfish to keep you for myself while I cannot give myself to you, or anyone else. Not now.' He was glad that he could suppress his thoughts without voicing anything.

Lisa contemplated staying in the guesthouse. It would be easier, than to know that Rudy was sleeping a door away from her, yet not there for her.

****

Pretoria, later that night

Rudy was in a deep sleep. Lisa and he socialized in the steakhouse and were the last to leave, shortly after midnight. It was part of Rudy's defense strategy, he couldn't get intimate with Lisa, if they were among people. They relocated their socialization to his kitchen, where they chatted around the breakfast nook and coffee, until it was almost two.

Lisa had a restless sleep, Rudy's scent was on the pillow, causing her to think back on the wonderful sex they had had during the overnight stays of their home trips over breaks. She forced her mind to think about her upcoming interview, hoping to escape into peaceful sleep.

Rudy woke from contact on his shoulder. It was Lisa. Opening up his duvet and sliding onto the double sleeper couch next to him. "I couldn't sleep, I need you... no strings attached." She slipped her hand down his tummy, satisfied to feel his erection growing in her hand. She purred, as Rudy's lips latched onto her nipple. She smiled when his fingers soon started to search for her large, one-inch-long clit - he remembered.

****

Pretoria Late morning the next day

Rudy picked the University's yearbook up, which Lisa had left on the desk of his study. The edge of a 'Post-it' tag draw his attention and he opened the marked pages. His heart skipped a beat when he saw that it marked the pages dedicated to the biology department. An article of the work of the mouse lab, with a large photo of Lisa and him, dominated the pages. His heart warmed when he read that Lisa and he made a 'close-knit team.

His gaze returned to the Post-it tab, and he noticed that Lisa had written something on it - Trudy's telephone number.

He closed the yearbook and tried to focus on his research, but his mind was continuously distracted by the events of the previous night. He loved Lisa, there was no longer any doubt in his mind about it. He wanted her to be the mother of his children, and he knew she felt the same. She told him so in no uncertain terms.

Yet, he didn't make any commitment, which would give her hope that he'd come searching for her, once his studies were over. But until then, his studies needed to take priority in his life. It would be the surest way to find Lisa and make her his at the earliest opportunity.

He resolved to filing of his numerous literature sources, he wouldn't need to have his mind focused. At least he knew how to look Lisa up when he would be ready to commit. He could just hope that he hadn't lost her.

****

Pietersburg - late afternoon

The events of the previous night were still whirling through Lisa's mind, as the bus approached Pietersburg. It was as if everything was in a loop, like in the 'Groundhog Day' movie. She thought of the wonderful sex they had, staying tightly in each other's arms on the narrow couch and falling into a peaceful sleep. They woke up late, and she had to rush through the shower in order to be on time for the bus. She used a sanitary pad to make sure that any of Rudy's semen which was still in her vagina, didn't leak into her panties during the trip.

At the kiosk at the bus stop in Pretoria, Rudy bought her a toasted sandwich for breakfast, while she handed her luggage to the operator to stow in the luggage bay. She barely had time to hug Rudy and give him a goodbye kiss. She made sure, though, to tell him that she'd wait for him, that she'd wait for him to return to her.

Lisa wondered if Rudy had noticed the university's yearbook on the desk of his study. She strategically left Trudy's telephone number on the page where an article about Rudy and her work in the mouse lab was the main focus of the biology department's pitch. She had left him another pigeon-ring to find his way back to her.

The sad thought, that an almost-platonic farewell kiss may had been their last ever, was replaced with joy when Lisa saw Trudy, as the bus rounded the last corner before the bus stop. Her heart started to race, it almost felt like coming home. She took hold of her handbag to get off the bus, as soon as it stopped.

She had to wait for four other passengers to get off and rushed into Trudy's arms when she managed to work her way past the four and their acquaintances.

Trudy's face was beaming. "I've got two surprises for you." She dangled car keys in front of Lisa's eyes. "Dad finally gave in under Mom's pressure to buy you a car."

"Oooh, yeee, is it that red City Golf over there?" She saw the car as she rounded the bus to collect her travel bag.

Trudy nodded. "I told him that a red City Golf always captured your eye when we were shopping in town."

Lisa collected her bag and walked to the car, waiting for Trudy to unlock the car. Trudy smiled, again dangling the keys in front of her. "It's your car, take the keys and sort your own baggage out and start driving."

Lisa took the keys, opened the boot and stowed her suitcase inside. She remembered something, as she adjusted the driver seat. "You said you have two surprises for me?"

Trudy's face beamed, as she searched in her handbag. "I thought you'd never ask." She produced a home pregnancy test with two stripes through the window. "You're the first to know!"

"Wow, I'm going to be an aunt again." Lisa leaned over to give Trudy a joyful hug, her mind mercifully distracted from Rudy.

****

If the myths, in this work, interested you, you may also like the references to Greco-Roman myths in 'The Great Conjunction'. References to Hawaiian mythology are made in Chapter 3 of the 'Spring Break series.

For another of my 'Romance' works, have a look at 'Boarding at Pam's'.

****

This work contains at least one anachronism. Leave a comment if you think you've identified an anachronism.

****

Thank you for reading the story. Give it a high score if you liked it, add it to your favorites and check out my other stories. Constructive feedback is always welcome

1...345678