All Comments on 'Growing up in Rural Arkansas Ch. 01'

by Arkwolf68

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
ud1234ud12344 months ago

Good for a first story.

Being from Arkansas I identified with it.

Watch out for trolls. They abound on this site.

Arkwolf68Arkwolf684 months agoAuthor

Based on a true story. names and locations have been changed

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Who is Jan? A good story, but all the spelling mistakes make it hard to read. you need to get someone to proofread what you write.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

TRUE STORY!!!???...u lucky SOB....better than your imagination...lol...please continue...and thanks!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A very good story, but repetitive, full of grammar and diction mistakes: "as I laid there" instead of "as I lay there". But not one in a hundred will ever get the verb "to lie" right. It's really not hard but since the past tense is "lay", people just won't accept that.

Also, the way you write about all this fucking, if it's autobiographical it just comes out like bragging.

ScottishTexanScottishTexan4 months ago

You desperately need a proofreader at the very least. A full blown editor would be even better. The story had a lot of potential, but the typographical errors and occasional poor grammar choices made some of the scenes boring and repetitive.

For example: "In fact, the three of us didn't hang around and socially with our friends, because "we had chores."

I have to guess that you were trying to say "hang around and socialize with our friends". You have several instances of similar mistakes like the "laid, lay, lie" issue addressed by another commentator. 3/5

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Not a bad start for a new author, heed commentor 'ScottishTexan" and get someone to proofread your work or a trusted friend that will re-read what you've written before you publish it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous