Hawke and his Princess Chapter 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She failed to see the disappointment flash across his face, but her mother didn't. She looked at her daughter, "you shouldn't hide such beauty, daughter, but it's your choice."

Bethany looked over at Hawke, "where did you get that, can I get one?"

He chuckled, "really sis, do you know how uncomfortable it is trying to find a shirt or dress and your in a store surrounded by women giving you strange looks? And besides there was only a couple left after I bought two of them"

She pouted at him, "your mean."

He noticed Elayne looking at him, a little smile on her face. "Fine, I'll see if they have anymore, but Elayne will have to help me, I'm not going to stand there trying to imagine how my sister looks in it. You women are going to be the death of me," he growled as he walked off but not before he heard giggling behind him.

He went over to the girls asking them how the berry picking went. He found out they ate more than they put in the basket and he gave them a hug, as he chuckled. "Girls, Elayne and I have to go to town, but you're going to stay here with your grandma's and auntie ok."

He heard Fergus and Carver in the background "what about us."

"And your uncles also," he chuckled. "Everyone will be here with you. I have to go into town and take care of some business before we go on our trip to Highever, okay sweethearts. If you promise to be good I'll bring you back a present."

They nodded excitedly, "we promise to be good."

"That's my girls," he said giving them hugs.

He stood up and turned around, the two soldiers that were his were standing there with their arms crossed, "I hope you weren't going without us, my Lord," Larry said casually.

"Guys look, I'm just going to town to take care of some business and I'll be back. I'm quite capable of taking care of Elayne and myself." They stood there silently, but their postures spoke volumes, and he sighed in resignation.

"Fine, get your horses and Elayne's saddled, we'll leave shortly after." They smiled at him and saluted, "and stop doing that, I'm not a lord." He stalked away before they could respond. He walked back to the table and sat down beside Elayne, and she leaned up against him. He noticed she had taken the jacket off which brightened his mood.

Bryce looked around at his family incredulously. "You guys didn't tell him?" He looked at Elayne in disapproval, "I figured you of all people would have told him considering he's your husband."

She grimaced, "I was going to tell him eventually, you saw the way he reacted that day. Come on father, give him some time."

Hawke looked up quickly, a feeling of unease settling in him, "I don't know what?" He looked at everyone, they all avoided his eyes. "Elayne, talk to me please, what don't I know?"

She sighed, scowled at her father and turned to face Hawke. "Hawke," she said quietly, while sending soothing thoughts towards him, he was tense, hesitant. She sent her love towards him. She reached over and took his hand, putting it in hers. "You know who we are, who my family is, how important we are in Ferelden, where we stand with the throne?" He nodded still unsure where she was going. "Technically I am known throughout Ferelden as Lady Elayne Cousland, my mom has a few titles like my father, Lady Eleanor, the Teyrna of Highever, Lady Eleanor or Lady Cousland. My father is known as Lord Bryce, Teyrn of Highever and a few other titles and my brother is known as Lord Fergus Cousland. You've known who we are, but you've never used the title that goes with it. You see us as equals instead, and I love you for that, but we're more than that. You know the Cousland standing is even stronger than Loghain's from your history lessons of Ferelden. Technically we are the next ones in line to the throne after Cailan." She started fidgeting, she scowled at her father, looked to her brother and mother, they gave her sympathetic looks. She sighed and turned back to him, she felt tears welling in her eyes, but she looked into his and continued. "When you and I said our vows to each other and my father acknowledged our marriage..." she saw the minute it dawned on him.

"I became Lord Arik Hawke," he whispered, stunned.

"Hawke, I'm sorry, you always treated me differently, you never saw me as somebody above you. You never treated my family as better than you. We were always on the same level. You respected my parents with sir or ma'am, but you do that even with your own mother sometimes, you've never used our titles. Someone wanted me for more than my title, for the power they could gain if they married me. I'm a potential Princess, yes you call me that but with you its a term of endearment. Imagine the fear of wondering if the man I would marry, would want me for me or want me only for the power I could give them. You never saw that, never wanted that, you saw me as an equal to you. Do you know how rare and precious that is to me? I'm sorry I never told you Arik, but I was scared." The tears were falling, she couldn't look him in the eye, "I love you so much, I was afraid that..." that was as far as she got before he interrupted her.

He tilted her head up, wiped the tears with his thumbs, pulled her against him, "it's ok Elayne, I'm not going anywhere, remember we're bonded together for life by fates beyond our control. I love you baby, please quit crying, you're breaking my heart angel." He gently took her lips with his. He showered her with his love, his need, his heart and soul, gave her everything with his kiss. He sent her images of his love, their life together, their baby girl wrapped in her arms. Finally her tears quit, she started responding back to him, her body relaxing along him.

When he finally let her go, she looked into his eyes, all she saw was his love for her, there were no looks of betrayal, no hurt or anger in his eyes, just pure love, his heart and soul. "I love you Elayne and I could never deny you anything. You are who you are, just like I am who I am. I don't care about any titles though. What I want, what I love is right here in my arms. You don't need to apologize or feel guilty, that's beyond us. Our lives are here and now and whatever the future gives us. But we will do it together, this I swear. I love you Elayne Hawke."

She smiled and hugged him. "I love you too Arik, always and forever."

He looked down at her, "now go clean yourself up. We've still got a trip to town to do, unless you want to stay here while I go?" She shook her head, "I didn't think so" he chuckled. "Go love, as soon as you're ready, we'll leave." She got up, and their moms went with her.

Hawke looked around, Bethany was playing with the girls, keeping them distracted. He looked at the guys sitting at the table, before locking his gaze on Bryce, he knew his voice was a little rough, but he didn't care. "This won't change anything, she's the only thing I want. I know who I am, I'm Arik Hawke I'm a farmer! A warrior! A battle mage! And I have my family, my farm and the woman I'm meant to be with. That's all I ever want or need."

'And you're so much more,' thought Bryce as Arik stared him down. It was Bryce who nodded and broke contact first. The young man was more powerful than anyone realized, he could command armies if he so desired. But all he wanted was to live a simple life with Elayne. He really did love her. And she really loved him. He saw Elayne come out of the house and Hawke went to her. They both took off, with the two soldiers following after them. He had been shocked when two of his best soldiers had decided to work for Hawke instead of him, but it didn't surprise him. Hawke didn't understand or want to see the way people looked up to him. He was more than he wanted to be. And after the feat that he had done while Bryce was gone, he had gained more power, more respect, more loyalty from not only Bryce's own men on the farm but from people Hawke didn't even know.

He saw the Captain of his guard and motioned him over, and invited him to sit, after he did, Bryce looked at him. "Tell me everything about Arik and about the fight." And he listened to him.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

To be continued...