Honey Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She couldn't say she preferred Cassidy over Brandon, or vice versa. Hanna had felt just as satisfied by both of them. She wasn't about to declare any kind of gender preference either; a label would cheapen what had happened to her. It was what it was.

The rest of her week was filled with banality, however Hanna reasoned this was a good thing. She felt relaxed, as if she had gone away somewhere remote and tranquil. It was true, in a sense. The following Monday she went to work as usual, and once more Bridget instantly noticed a change.

'You look practically weightless,' she said, sounding impressed. 'I don't remember seeing you this calm in a long while.'

'I made the right decision then, didn't I?' said Hanna, somewhat smartly.

'Did you hear from Brandon again?'

'Ah, no. I think he's away on business, I can't imagine he'll be in touch.'

'Damn it,' Bridget grumbled. 'I was hoping he'd have some excuse to stop by.'

So did Hanna, but she didn't dare say this.

Daniel noticed the change as well. Hanna was confused as to what was really so different about her, other than her calm demeanour.

'You obviously did something with your hair, right?'

'Actually, no. I guess divorce does wonders for some people. We should try and market it as a new face cream.'

'That's the worst idea you've ever had,' Daniel laughed. 'I'm glad you're back.'

She wasn't entirely sure she felt the same. She knew Brandon hadn't meant to shift her perspective, but as she went over some briefs and campaign boards, Hanna felt vacant and resentful. Was she supposed to be doing this or was she doing it because she was just good at it?

That question was stuck on repeat for a few days. Hanna didn't speak to anyone outside work, staying up most nights in the quiet, thinking what else she could do for work, or if she needed a change that badly. The idea to run her own riding school was ridiculous. It had been a pipe dream of hers as a child since she'd loved being around horses so much; she had no real capabilities to teach anyone riding much less run her own school.

She couldn't sleep that Friday, and her heart raced when a call came in from Brandon. She stayed in bed and waited a moment to answer.

'Where are you?' she asked.

'Still in Seattle. I thought we were close to finalising a contract with a new company but they had some last minute requests that slowed things down a day. I'll be back tomorrow night. How have you been?'

'Alright, I suppose. But I have been vexed over a few things.'

'Such as?'

'My job. What I should be doing. Whether I should give up and try something else.'

'I hope it wasn't because of me.'

'Not in a bad way. You did give me something to think about.'

'I should confess I've been having trouble keeping you out of my mind, Hanna. Not that I'm upset about it.'

She was glad he wasn't there to see her girlish smile and rosy cheeks. They talked for a moment before he started his flirtations. He said he missed her voice, and the way she'd gasped helplessly when she'd been under Cassidy's control. He wanted to hear her.

She'd never done this with anyone -- have them talk her through all the manners in which they'd ravish her as she slipped her fingers into her underwear. He guided her to the brink, teasing her with his words until she came loudly. It was more exhilarating than when she'd simply remembered their activities for her own amusement.

They made plans to catch up when he was back in town, and she was fine to not cement anything and wait for him to call. If this was a rebound reaction to her divorce, Brandon hardly seemed to mind. Two seconds after he ended the call, Hanna fell fast asleep.

Concluded in chapter 4.