It's a Journey Not a Destination Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jason stopped for a few minutes like he was debating if he should ask any more.

"Don't hold back Jason." Isabel encouraged.

"So, us... our relationship. Do you see yourself as the top or the bottom?"

"To be honest... both."

"Are you in love with any of the people you've been involved with?"

Isabel had to choose her words carefully. "I don't sleep around, nor do I think I could manage a one-night stand. I need to be emotionally connected to the person. Niomi was a fluke, she literally fell on me one day in the hot pool and found out by accident, but she was the first to help me accept who I was. I care for her as she does for me, but we have no interest in being a couple. Veronica was after the badminton tournament. She tricked me into taking the bet and when I won, she begged me not to renege on our deal. Turns out you were right about her. She has a heart of gold that's been trampled on by her past. She's very special to me." She could see him ponder the last part. "You don't know this, and I hope you will respect her privacy... Jade is a transexual and one day in the locker room she accidently exposed herself and I jumped in to help her cover up. We talked at length, and I felt she needed to know she wasn't alone so, I shared my secret with her. We haven't done anything yet, but she wants to and since I'm being totally honest, so do I."

Jason was deep in thought. The whole thing seemed surreal right now. He ran an internal check on his emotions, and surprised himself when he didn't have any feelings of anger or resentment. Isabel coming clean about herself, and her love interests was a huge leap of faith on her part and that hadn't gone unnoticed. Nor did he feel like she had deceived him in any way. She clearly had to navigate her feelings and their relationship before she got to this point and expecting her to have been exclusive with him prior to now would have been unrealistic. It also wasn't lost on him that none of her hookups were with another man.... he was excluding Jade because even he thought she was all girl until this moment. He could see Isabel was trying to remain calm while she waited for something from him.

"So... do you plan to continue these relationships, if we became... a couple?"

Isabel shifted uncomfortably. "While what I have with them is different than what I feel and want from you, for the sake of giving us a chance, I would discontinue any and all sexual aspects with these friends." She quickly added one more caveat. "Except for Katie! She's truly a part of me and as much as I want to see how things with us would go... she's my deal breaker." She whispered softly.

It was Jason's turn to shift uncomfortably. "You would do that, not knowing if we would even work out? You're not worried I'll just say forget it and move on?"

"Terrified!" Isabel stated unequivocally. "Other than my father, I've never trusted a man like I trust you. If I'm wrong... well Katie keeps telling me, I have to put myself out there... so here I am." She watched him closely, trying to figure out what he was thinking or what else she could say to impress upon him how important he was to her. "Look, Jas..." Before she could finish her sentence, he interrupted her.

"OK." He looked to her face.

"Ok? Ok as in... what's ok Jason? I need more than that." She grabbed his hand.

"I'd like to see where this goes too. You have my heart in your hands Isabel... I trust you too." He gave her a soft smile.

"So... you want me to end things with everyone else... except Katie." She watched him shake his head.

"No... I don't think that would be good for everyone." He could see the shock on her face.

"Jason, it wouldn't be fair to you." She offered.

Now he grabbed both of her hands. "Look... clearly, you've made a significant impact on a number of people. Seeing Jade as she is now compared to the quiet mouse she was, is incredible. You did that! Watching Veronica become the person I knew she could be is beyond amazing! And part of me thinks I need to thank Niomi for helping you believe in yourself!" He smiled at the tears forming and wiped the corner of her left eye. "It doesn't take a scientist to know how these people feel about you. Someone once told me that you have a hard time opening your heart, but when you do... you love hard!" He could see the recognition in her eyes. "She is the best example of all. I have no doubt she'd bite my dick off!" They both chuckled at his reference to Katie.

Isabel just stared at him in wonder. She kept wondering when the dream would end, wondering when he was going to get up and walk out of her life... but he didn't.

"I do have one small request though," He pinched his fingers together for emphasis. "Whoever else becomes an important piece of your life, please let me know. I don't want you to feel like keeping secrets is how we'd work... that would be harder for me."

Isabel nodded. "Jason, I'm not actively looking for these relationships... honest."

"I know, I know. But in the event... no secrets, ok?" He smiled as she nodded. "One more thing, and I don't know how you're going to feel about this, but it could be a deal breaker for me." He watched Isabel's face tighten with worry. "I don't think I would manage well if you developed a relationship with another guy. At that point I would question if what we had was important enough to you."

The thought had never even crossed her mind and just thinking about it made her feel very awkward. "I promise you Jason, I'm a one-man woman and more than anything, I want you to be that man!" she lunged in for a hug and the two lovers embraced in the cool night air.

Both were feeling good with where things were, and both felt wrung out by the emotional roller-coaster the night had been. They walked back to their dorm, hand in hand, in comfortable silence, peeking at one another once and awhile and smiling.

"I'm almost afraid to ask Jason, but are you sure you're ok with my, you know what. Are you really ok with a relationship like that? It's not very typical and it could present problems if we stay together." She put her head on his shoulder.

Jason blew the air out of his lungs and took another breath. "I guess there's no question we'll be anything but a contemporary couple, but you know what? I know my feelings for you are very real and whatever hurdles we'll encounter in the future, knowing I have you in my corner... I can't really see anything stopping us." He heard her sigh warmly into his shoulder. "However, I still expect the whole wined and dined experience!"

Isabel immediately burst into laughter.

To be continued...