All Comments on 'Leave In Silence'

by GardeningGirly

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
hindsight2020hindsight20204 months ago

The title does not match this story with no finish.

Maybe it should be "Leave in Confusion"

BBeinhartBBeinhart4 months ago

Hopefully, you just forgot to add “Ch. 1” at the end of the title 😊☝🏻

des911des9114 months ago

interesting start to a first story, and definitely calls for a second chapter. well done and thank you

Flying_ScotsmanFlying_Scotsman4 months ago

Look forward to the rest of the story, don’t leave it too long

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood4 months ago

The changing verb tense is distracting.

"The Uber arrived, and she climbed inside without a word. Dennis spoke to the driver, then looked at her briefly through the window. He was back inside even before the car pulled away from the curb.

XXX

Dennis goes back inside the bar, fighting to keep his face blank and shove the shit to the back of his mind."

Either "the Uber arrives" and "Dennis goes back inside" or "the Uber arrived" and "Dennis went back inside"

Regardless, a nice story and looking forward to future chapters.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I'll give a little break to a new author, but I absolutely hate it when an author posts a story without any indication that it is not complete. This site has hundreds, if not thousands, of unfinished stories, so I do not start a story that is unfinished. It's simple, put a "1" in the title. Note it again in the opening that this is Chapter 1. Then, at the end of the post, put "to be continued." When all parts are posted, put "end" in the title and again at the end of the posting. If you want to build a following, be a good author, not only in storytelling but also in posting.

Hiram325Hiram3254 months ago

Good so far... keep going, tell us the rest of the story.

Rwg7Rwg74 months ago

Good effort. Agree that the story needs resolution.

GardeningGirlyGardeningGirly4 months agoAuthor

Thanks for all the comments! I apologize for not marking it as 'part 1'.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Let Dennis beware! Natalie comes off as a very flighty sort bird. $3000 out the window? Gotta ask yourself Dennis. She might be a terrific bonk but is she really worth all the drama? 5 stars for a nicely told story. The open ending is fine the way it is because odds are that there will never really be a satisfactory ending for these two.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great story. Hope u add another chapter or two. Cannot remember my password or I would not be anonymous. Thank you. Hrags

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous