Love, Family, and Betrayal Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Usually, he was a cautious spender and responsible with his finances. From the moment they'd first met, she'd tested everything he thought he knew about himself, good and bad.

"Thanks. That means a lot."

"I think you two are going to be really happy together."

"What about her? Do you think she's happy?" he asked.

"Yes," Sherry answered. "She might have a hard time showing it, but I think she's happy to be with you."

"I'm worried about her," he said. "She's dealing with a lot of trauma, and that's not healthy."

"Are you trying to help her?"

"Of course, but I promised her I wouldn't force her to talk about anything she didn't want to. She's not ready to share any of it yet, but keeping it bottled up will only make it worse."

"All you can do is try to be there for her," Sherry said. "Do you love her?"

Logan nodded. He did love Melody. Not because she was attractive, intelligent, had a tight pussy, or was pregnant with his child. He would still love her even without those things. He loved her just for being her. Love wasn't always something that could be logically explained.

"Good, because I think she loves you too," she said. "She needs you, Logan. After everything she's been through, you're the only support she has left."

"Thanks, Sherry." With the final bag in the trunk, it was time for the drive home. It wasn't even that late, but between being pregnant and how emotionally exhausting the day had been, he could understand why Melody was ready for bed.

Once they were on their way and he could take his eyes off the road for a moment, he took her hand and gave her a gentle squeeze to keep her awake. "Did you have a good time?"

"Yeah," she answered. "I actually kinda like Sherry and her friends. Today was certainly interesting."

"That's good," he said, giving her another squeeze. "I have some good news. I went to your old apartment, and the landlord said not everything had been thrown out yet. There's still a bunch of boxes they're holding."

"Really?" she said. "Logan, I... That means so much to me. I have some old photos and keepsakes. That's all that's left of my mom. I... Thank you! You've done so much for me!"

"You know I'd do anything for you," he smiled. "I love you."

*****

Dedicated to all domestic abuse victims. Please consider donating to a shelter or organization. If you see someone with suspicious patterns of bruising, be aware that is often a common sign of abuse.

This chapter was the hardest. It's a little lighter on the sex because it's meant to serve as a bridge to some really heavy emotional chapters.

Please try to leave comments. I always do my best to respond.

Until next time, here's your daily facts:

1. Dehydration is the most common cause of headaches. (Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice)

2. Oral sex is illegal in 18 U.S. states, but the laws are not enforceable because of a 2003 Supreme Court ruling. (Lawrence v. Texas)

3. Restaurants often avoid using dollar signs on their menus because it makes people less likely to feel like they're spending money. (Cornell University)