Mary, The Damsel in Distress Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Was I some kind of savior or father figure to Mary? Was our relationship a conflict of interests? Was I merely taking advantage of her vulnerability? These were the thoughts that had haunted me from day one of our knowing each other, and even though I believed I'd paid my debt to her, the doubts returned. Seeing her enjoying herself and being free with other young people only compounded those thoughts. I could never truly offer her that kind of fun.

Once again, I opted to be passive in this, to let her decide her own course of action. If she was upset with me enough to start dating other guys, so be it. She wasn't bound to me. I would remain faithful to her, but would leave it for her to choose her own path. Within a month or two she ought to be able to afford her own place if she wanted it, and would soon be starting a new life in college.

I reflected on all this. I couldn't deny that I would miss her and that it would be hard, but I could be gratified that I'd helped turn her life around, and for all the wonderful times we shared.


To be continued in part 4...