No Ordinary Game Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

They heard Amanda coming up the stairs and both men turned to watch. Sy marveled at how quickly she had transformed herself back into his normal-appearing wife. Her dress and hose were on straight, her hair was combed out, her makeup was in place, and her face was no longer flushed.

"Sy? I'm ready to leave," she said, her voice subdued. Her eyes fell from his face and looked down at the floor. Sy went to her and held her. He caressed her and kissed the top of her head as she buried her face into his chest.

"I love you, Mandy, but tonight you've been a bad kitty. You were sneaky and you didn't tell me everything about this. Don't run off by yourself again. Okay?" He kissed her and tightly squeezed her.

"I won't, Sy. I'm so sorry. Is Glenn here, too?"

"No, he dropped me off. He and Tiffany are waiting for us at home."

Sy and Ed nodded to each other as they passed at the front door. Amanda felt Avery's eyes on her but she couldn't meet his gaze. I can't believe what I've just done to my husband, she thought.

Sy helped Amanda into her SUV, closed her door, and drove her home. Amanda choked back sobs and wiped away tears. "I guess I kinda lost the plot, Sy. I didn't think this through very well, did I? I'm sorry."

"I didn't either but let's put that behind us, Mandy. Now you're back with me. Doing Glenn is one thing but Avery is a bridge too far. You didn't tell me everything about you and Avery back in college, did you?"

She shook her head 'no' and blotted her eyes. "I'm so, so sorry, Sy."

They soon arrived home and pulled into their garage. Amanda blew her nose one more time. She looked over at Sy and gave him a wan smile. "Thank you for being my white knight and bringing me home. I guess I got myself in too deep. Over my head... way over my head."

He wanted to ask her about Avery's 'baby statement' but he knew he couldn't do that without revealing that he had spied on her. That indiscretion had to stay secret for now.

Glenn and Tiffany greeted them in their kitchen with the smell of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Tiffany took glasses from the freezer and poured four glasses of ice-cold milk. She placed a plate of warm cookies on the table and the four of them sat down to talk.

"I feel like such a fool," said Amanda. "I've been selfish, I'll admit it. I've let everyone down."

"Don't," said Sy. "I'm just as much to blame as you because I let you go. Thank Glenn and Tiffany for thinking clearly and straightening this out. I'm not too upset, just sadder and wiser."

"Sadder?" Amanda asked.

"Well, no. Not sadder. I've got you home again and that makes me happy. Glenn helped me get sorted out."

"But the cookies and milk were my idea," added Tiffany, to gentle laughter around the table. Tiffany took a long look at Amanda. She had eaten only half her cookie and taken only a sip of milk. "Are you feeling alright, Mandy?"

"Not exactly."

"Better come with me, then," Tiffany said, leading Amanda down the hallway to the bathroom. Sy and Glenn heard the bathroom door shut and then there was quiet.

"I wonder what that's all about?" said Glenn.

"Probably nerves, I expect." Sy said. He checked the hallway again and leaned in toward Glenn. "You arranged that with Avery? For us to watch? Geez!"

"I thought you'd like that. Tiff and I were ready for multiple contingencies. We had changed our minds about Mandy seeing Avery. For one thing, you didn't know the whole story of her and Avery back in college. And for another, this was too big of a step for Mandy and you, considering how you had reacted to watching me with Mandy.

"So I advised her against going to see Avery. Tiff did, too. But you know how Mandy can be. She accused me of being jealous and possessive and maybe I am, a little bit. I feel very close to Mandy; you might think too close. You know, Tiff and I think the world of you two. We wanted to be close at hand to cushion the blow if things went sideways." Glenn glanced down the hallway and saw neither Amanda nor Tiff. In a whisper he added, "But you have to admit, that was a pretty damn hot scene you and I saw downstairs."

Just then the bathroom door opened and the two women rejoined the men at the kitchen table. There was a moment of awkward silence while Amanda and Tiffany exchanged glances and Sy and Glenn looked on expectantly. "Are you alright, Amanda?" Sy gently asked. She looked disquieted.

"Sy. Honey. Babe," Amanda sighed. She took in a deep breath and let out a slow, shuddering exhalation. "Look at this." She held out a tissue wrapped around a narrow strip of thin, white plastic. "See those two blue lines?" Sy looked at it and nodded his head.

"Babe. I'm pregnant."

***

Thanks for reading and I hope you are enjoying this gonzo story. I appreciate your civil comments. Remember, this is amateur fiction with imaginary characters so don't get too wound up. I'll answer your emails if you include your return address. Polite, constructive comments are encouraged whether positive or negative. Snark gets pitched in the bin. You know the difference, or should.