The Discovery Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He wanted to find out everything; no he needed to find out. From their conversation this was not the first time with these two people in his home.

There were others in the group they spoke of. There may or may not be even more others.

He placed his weary head in his hands. He was rubbing his hands back and forth over the skin.

Sam didn't mean to speak aloud. It came out without him even being aware that it did until he heard the words on the wind.

"How many times with these two people? How many others? How many times with each of them?"

He decided to turn around and go home and he would find out everything there was to know about what was going on.

As he turned the key a strange calm came over him.

It was as if the purpose of him knowing everything was giving him the ability to keep everything in check and be hyper focused on the task at hand.

The sun was up as Sam got back to his house a little after 7am. The car was still there but the lights were off and he spotted no movement.

He rode out back and into the garage and unloaded the rest of the truck.

May never went into this building so she wouldn't even notice. He decided to bunk here and get some sleep.

Sam got ready for bed and settled down on the couch. He closed his eyes and in a matter of moments he felt himself slip away.

Sam found himself standing in darkness. He could see his body and clothes easily but the rest of the place was nothing but pitch black darkness.

He called out into the air. "Hello? Is anyone there? Where am I?" He got no response back. He checked his arms and legs and they seemed to be normal.

Sam took a deep breath and took a step forward. He could feel that he took a step but it didn't appear to his eyes that he moved at all.

Willing his feet forward with every bit of his energy, Sam took off at a run. Once again he knew he ran what should have been multiple hundreds of feet.

To his eyes it was as if he had just been standing still. He bent down and sprung up and came back down landing without a sound.

Sam took a deep chest filling breath and called out. "Am I dead? Is this Heaven or hell? What is this place?" just like before he got no response back.

Sam closed his eyes and decided to try and spin around and see if he'd get that feeling that one would normally get.

He never felt the room spin, but he knew he was spinning.

Sam stopped and opened his eyes slowly. When he opened them he wasn't in darkness.

Sam was covered in warm sunlight coming from the clear blue skies above. He could smell the fresh clean air as he breathed in.

Suddenly on the air was the smell of food. He turned around and in front of him stood a building he recognized.

"Wow, I haven't seen this place in forever. Might as well go inside and see if anyone I know is here."

Sam took a step and everything felt normal. He walked right up to the door and grasped the handle. He took a deep steadying breath as he pulled the door open.

Sam looked around as he sauntered through the door and over by the hostess station. He scanned the area right by the station and didn't see anyone he knew.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a newspaper. He went over and picked it up and saw the date at the top.

He immediately became confused as he read the date again as he looked around the place.

"How could this be? How am I here and on this day?"

Sam put the paper down and walked to the back of the building into another seating area.

There in the corner sitting in a u shaped booth were two men. They were sitting across from each other and talking while having a pint.

Sam took off towards that table careful to not bump into anyone else. As he got close a thought struck Sam.

No one was really reacting to him coming in or moving around.

He had been completely correct, it was totally them. In front of him at this table sat his best friend and himself.

Sam could hear their conversation and recalled it word for word like it was yesterday. He stepped back and leaned out of the way against the wall.

The door opened then closed with a thud. Sam turned towards the sound and he saw them start walking right towards the table.

This was too weird for Sam; he could interact with somethings but not the people it seemed.

Striding confidently towards the two at the table were May and her best friend Bea. This is the day he met May, when their best friends kind of set them up.

He had been there to have dinner with Jacob on his birthday. Sam stayed where he was as the guys got up and Jacob greeted Bea.

Bea introduced Sam and May and then the ladies joined them at the large table.

He remembered after the introduction they had discussed all kinds of topics. May was shy but not painfully so. They had all gotten along really well and had fun.

Sam and May shared a bunch of common interests. He remembered after this dinner they had gone out a few more times before they started dating.

After a bit they all got up and left the table. As they were walking away Sam closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

His eyes opened to the sun and he felt refreshed. He was confused by what he could only guess was a dream.

Sam knew he had a mission and he was focused on that mission. He checked the time and saw that he had been out for a little over six hours.

Sam crept back out onto the property in the afternoon sun. He went to a spot where he could see if the car was still there but, no one could see him.

The car was still there next to the driveway, right where it had been last night.

12