All Comments on 'The Engagement Pt. 03'

by Bardot1990

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
Comentarista82Comentarista82over 2 years ago

Cynthia seems a little more human here--actually trying to evade her overwhelming impulses. Seeing it from her side explains why she was so on edge and nervous: the bridesmaid's dresses didn't meet standard, plus her aunts and grandmothers wanted to present comfort food despite the hotel's ixnay. All that adds up, which makes her perfectionistic approach perfectly understandable--from all those angles.

There's no math that explains her outlook on the two "sisters" as issues, and she's still quite irrational to start off the installment with (staying celibate for 6 weeks would regain her lost virginity). That's the clinical detachment speaking again. In terms of her state of mind, there's no way anyone can miss that with how you detail it.

Bardot1990Bardot1990over 2 years agoAuthor

OK, my question is this. Cynthia may be like a few of the women I know. But she is also like 90% of the men I know (a couple of my uncles excluded). I've actually had men excuse their doggish behavior by quoting Spike Lee: "It's a DICK thing". Men will fuck any hole that presents itself. The only thing that keeps them from being rampantly promiscuous is opportunity. And they ADMIT it. And Society excuses it, because they are men. Cynthia is a MAN from very many perspectives.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBardot1990@Bardot1990
I am Bardot. I became interested in this genre as a teenager sneaking peeks into the romance novels strewn around the homes of women in my family. The sexually interesting parts could always be found at the ends of each chapter. To me, those books were never descriptiv...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES