All Comments on 'The Gift'

by APastLife

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Well that was a bad idea. First, the faithful, albeit clueless, husband should run out the door and down the street. I mean really. Think of the things that could go wrong. He could end up paying child support - TWICE! What if she doesn't get pregnant right away. Is his wife going to be okay with multiple times for them? If she gets mad, would she divorce him? Would he discover he likes Sherry better than his wife? I realize this is a fictional story, but the number of things that could go south are epic and too plentiful to think of. Not good.

Neptune60Neptune606 months ago

There better be a part 32, lol

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So is Sherry planning to remain single for life? Because I doubt that any man would appreciate her continuing to have a close relationship with the man who fathered her child. Most likely, any potential husband would tell her she had to chose between having a relationship with the child's father (and Tina), or him. And I'll point out that any man would be a fool to deliberately impregnate a woman not his wife, without involvement of a licensed fertility clinic and use of artificial insemination. What happens if the child is born with some kind of medical condition that requires expensive treatment, and Sherry loses her job (and insurance)? This guy would be required to foot all the bills. Even if the child was healthy the MC would have to pay to support the child. But thanks for trying.

Tomh1966Tomh19666 months ago

Not bad. A little short. Gave ya a 5 to offset the pissed off 1 bombers and evil comments coming your way.

The balance was a little off: A bit too short once they decided yes.

The ending was a bit abrupt.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Yeah, right.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Beyond stupid. Qualifies as an adolescent fantasy I guess……

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Not a fan of 'wife gives her husband to her friend so that she can get pregnant too' type of stories. As they go, I suppose this one was better than most. No mental or emotional breakdowns happened. No one was angry after the deed was done. But still I would question the dynamics and emotions behind the relationship of the two women. There are close relationships, but this one seems beyond 'close'.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

It would be quite the twist if he couldn't get her pregnant, so he snuck to the doctor to find he couldn't. Then the question would be, who knocked up his wife?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Chapter two - The husband lawyers up and we get 1000 words on contract law. Who puts this much thought into getting off? The category is 'Loving Wives', not 'Jealous, manipulative, harpies'. Some people do things out of love and love alone. I have to ask some of you 'Who hurt you?'

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer6 months ago

Weird. Rather than being erotic, the realist in me thinks, when she gets pregnant, that "Now he's on-the-hook for child maintenance" for the first 18 years! How stupid could he possibly be?

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

You can continue it. I think it would be better if they ALL decide it would be better for her child to call him dad instead of uncle. They become sister wives. They are already best friends. They live together and raise the children together.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

According to the URL, there are 198 postings on this site with the same stupid title. If you put so little effort into the title, that tells me how much effort went into typing this.

APastLifeAPastLife5 months agoAuthor

Indeed, you may be correct. I admit that I did not thoroughly research the frequency of the use of the title 'the gift' on the site. Learning that it has been used over 100 times is surprising. This prevalence perhaps underscores why it initially seemed appropriate to me, as it appeared to encapsulate the gravity of the situation effectively.

However, I am now considering a title change and would welcome any suggestions that convey a similar essence."

Dr_James_Davies_DFDr_James_Davies_DF5 months ago

Baby Fever

Two best friends do everything together. Could pregnancy be among their joint experiences? Tina and Sherry have decided to get pregnant together.

Backyard breeding Sherry with a random virile man is an option not considered. Nor is artificial insemination. Sherry's child should be conceived the natural way.

Tina's husband is elected the father. Sharing one man as opposed to sharing his ejaculate would seem to hold many potential psychological problems, among them explaining to the children why they have the same Daddy.

The Children would be half - siblings. If born at the same time will they become half twins? Interesting story!

thomas_deanthomas_dean5 months ago

THE CREATIVE PROCESS

A commentator notes creating people leave a train of legal obligations. Today we have attorneys who specialize in artificial insemination law. Most of their attention seems to be on contracts with the surrogate mother. Usually a woman who wants to get pregnant receives an injection of an anonymous donor's sperm. Certainly, THE GIFT presents a new facet of the problem where the female picks and beds the sperm generator. Could the female contract away her baby's rights?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAPastLife@APastLife
Writing down some of my memories.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

The Gift Series Info