The Hunter Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good morning Carol," I started, "This is Jed Jones, employee number 8675309. I saw a job listing on the website that interested me and I am interested in more details that what is present on the website. It is listed as 2022-683."

She said, "Yes, Mr. Jones. This is a new contract out of Chicago. We will close the application in 3 days. The person selected will have 3 days to report. The expected duration of the contract is two weeks. This is a high visibility contract, and the pay will be $6000 per week and the per diem, because it is in Chicago, per diem will be $175 per day. Does this sound like something that would interest you?"

"Yes, it does. Can you put my name in the hat, or do I need to do it online?" I asked.

"I can do that right now, if you want sir." I hear the click of typing on a keyboard in the back ground. Then she says, "All set Mr. Jones. Is there anything else I can do for your today?"

"No. You have been very helpful. Thank you. Have a good day. WaDo." I spoke.

"Good Luck and have a nice day." She answered back. Click

I saw where there were two positions open, I would have another person to work with. Hope we get along If I get the job. I made a checklist of things I needed to do in preparation for leaving.

Talk to sue (give her a key) - Clean out fridge - pack -

Loose ends - contractor estimate/ Living will.

The doorbell rang. I got up to answer it. I opened the door and there was Miss Betty. She had a beautiful smile and we dressed sharp as a tack. She was looking good. I said, "Hello, won't you come in." I waved my arm back toward the living room.

"I hope I am not interrupting anything important." she said.

"Not at all. You are right on time." I replied. "Would you like something to drink?"

"No, thank you. I'm good for now." she answered. "Shall we?" she asked. This is the living room and right next door is the eat in kitchen. There is a bathroom over there and the guest bedroom that I use for my office. The master bath is in down the hallway and it has an on suite bath room. She started walking around and making notes, I followed her around in case she had any questions. When she was finished inspecting the interior, we went outside on the deck. She looked around and asked, "How big the shop? Does it have 220V electricity?"

I told her, "It is a 20'X30', and yes there was 220V."

We went back inside the house and made our selves comfortable. She had come comp sheets for other house that had recently sold in this area. "This is a smaller house, but the outside shop adds value, and it has 220V to it". She explained, "Based on the comps, location, and your good-sized back yard, I think the house should be listed for $197K and expect it to close for $185K. As fast as things are selling right now, it wouldn't surprise me to go for listing price."

I smiled, stood up, shook her hand, and said, "That is good to hear, Thank you for your time. If I decide to put it on the market, then I want you to sell it for me."

She smiled and said, "Thank you. I wish you good luck, what ever you decide." With that, she left.

It was getting close to lunch so had leftovers from last night, fish and broccoli slaw. The slaw was better as the sauce and veggies had married overnight. I sent Ashley the video of my walking tour of the house. I just chilled the rest of the afternoon. I put Ashley's photos on my phone, one as my background photo and the other as her photo for her contact info. A little before 8:00 I got a face time request, so I went to my computer in my office and hit accept. Instantly my girlfriend appeared on my monitor. "Hey there handsome," she squealed, "You are a sight for sore eyes. I love you and I miss you terribly."

"I love you and I miss you terribly as well baby." I replied. "I had a contractor come by and let me know what it would cost to update my house to add bedrooms and bathrooms and update existing stuff. I wasn't really thrilled with his answer. He recommended that either I could build what I wanted or go buy something that fit our needs. His unofficial estimate was 150 -200K. But he said he would work up an official estimate in the next few days. Miss Betty, the realtor that showed me to houses yesterday came by and she did a walk through. She said if I were to list it today that I should list it for 197K and probably sell for at least 185K. She also said that it is a seller's market and she would be surprised if it went for full ask. So I was glad to hear that."

"I looked at the walk-through video. I can tell it's a bachelor's place." She said as she laughed. "It's one step above frat boy 101 in finishes. But I didn't see any deal breakers. We might be a little tight on closet space, but we would have the same problem here. Your house might be a little smaller than mine, but I think we could make either work. You got me on backyard space. If we did decide to add on or sell out, we would have a leg up selling your place since it is paid for. My house would sell for quite a bit more but most of it would go for the payoff. According to my amortization papers, I have less than 10K in equity. Either way I don't think we have to sell or upgrade immediately. If we had to add an office here, then I would recommend adding a room on the end of the garage. To get a house comparable to the houses you looked at down here would cost 500K to 750K. We just need to think about it and talk it through and decide."

I said, "I looked at the VC website today and there was a new job posted. I called HR and it was the Chicago job. I had Carol put my name in the hat. I just get to chill out for the next couple of days and see what happens. I talked with Sue, my next-door neighbor, today about picking up my mail when I am gone. I also asked about the possibility of her son, Matt, about mowing my yard when I am gone. She said he is always looking for extra money. That's one less thing to have to worry about."

Ashley said, "Carol let me know you called today. I talked to Roberto, he said because it is a domestic high-profile contract, many of his available contractors would not be interested."

"Wow, I didn't even think about that. So maybe I got a shot." I spoke. "You need to get off here and go to bed. One of us needs to work LOL! Baby, I love you. Baby, I miss you. I hope to see you soon. WaDo."

She returned the similar sentiments, "I love you. I miss you. I miss your hugs. I miss sleeping with you and waking up with you. Good night boyfriend! Wado" and then the screen went blank.

The next day (Thursday), I got up at my normal time (0430). I took care of business (TCB), got dressed in my workout gear. I do my morning routine of stretching. Today is just a run day so after my stretches I head out. Nothing special today I just piddle around the house, waiting to see my girlfriend at 8:00. We did our normal Facetime. We shared loving comments. She did mention that nobody had put their name in the hat for the Chicago job. This being apart is starting to suck.

The next day (Friday), I got up at my normal time (0430). I took care of business (TCB), got dressed in my workout gear. I do my morning routine of stretching. Today is just a weights day, I run to the gym and run home. I got a call from Bill today. The living will is ready come so I decide to get it this morning. Nothing special happened the rest of the day. I packed my suit case just in case (thinking positive), and when I saw Matt come home next door I went over and deliver a spare key to the house and shop. I talked to Matt making sure he was ok with mowing and we agreed to a price. About 6:30 PM I got a call from Roberto telling me to get Atlanta. He said the earliest flight they could find was out of XNA at 6:05 AM and arrive 11:48AM tomorrow. He said he would have Ashley pick me up. I was to come straight to the VC facility to get briefed and start prepping. I would head out for Chicago ASAP, it would be 12 hours of driving time. I called Ashley. I didn't even get Hello out of my mouth, and she was squealing. "I guess you heard." I spoke.

"Yes baby. Roberto called and said I was to pick you up at 11:48." She squealed. It will be a rush, but at least I will get to see you. I can't wait to get my arms around you big boy!"

I smiled, wishing I was already there, "I feel the same way baby. I love you. I'll see you in a few hours. I can't wait. I miss you. I got to finish packing. WaDo."

"I love you. Wado" click

I finished packing, except for what I would need in the morning. 2:00 AM was going to come soon.

TO BE CONTINUED