The Subject Ch. 32

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tim shook his head. "Fuck no. You were perfect, man." He reached across and gave Victor a strong handshake.

Then he felt soft hands on his face, and slight pressure as Marcia pivoted his head to plant a loving kiss on his lips. After a moment, she said, "Thank you."

Victor smiled. "Te nada."

-----

When Bess got to the restrooms, no one else was there, so she took the opportunity to visit the ladies' room.

She stood in front of the sink, staring at herself. She could hear Victor's impassioned words in her head.

Strong and capable.

She stood a little straighter, exhaled, and walked out the door, and saw Ginny standing there.

-----

Ginny saw Bess step out of the restroom and froze.

"Hi...Bess."

"Ginny."

"You...you look...' Tears built up in her eyes.

"Bess! I am SO sorry! I never wanted to do any of that..." The girl angrily shook her head. "Bullshit. It doesn't matter if I meant to do it, I still fucking did it. I helped make your life awful! I got caught up with some terrible people and did terrible things to people who didn't deserve it. I wish I could take it all back, but I know I can't. I'm not asking for forgiveness, because I know we're way past that. I just want you to know that I'm so, SO sorry. For all of it."

Bess just stared at Ginny, and suddenly their roles were reversed. It used to be that Ginny (along with the other girls) would just have to look at Bess, and the girl would quail under her gaze. Now Ginny was finding it difficult to remain in control under Bess's glare.

"I forgive you."

Ginny didn't hear it. Or, rather she heard it, but it didn't register. Or rather it registered, but it didn't make any sense.

"What?"

Bess nodded once. "I forgive you."

Ginny blinked. "Wha...Why?'

"Because I'm not that person anymore. And from what I can see, you're not THAT person anymore. Right?"

Ginny kept blinking, even as her eyes became moist. "Right."

"I could go on hating people that were mean to me, and there were a lot, but I don't want to waste that energy anymore. And you...you've made it easy. So yeah, I forgive you."

Both girls just stood there for a moment. Then Ginny stopped blinking and her eyes focused.

"Bess...can...can I hug you?"

"Yes."

Ginny stepped forward and hugged Bess tight.

"Thank you", she whispered.

Bess wrapped her own arms around Ginny and hugged back. "Thank you."

At that moment, a manager walked up to say something to Ginny and frowned.

"Ginny? Is everything okay?"

Ginny broke the hug and stepped back. The manager looked back and forth between the two girls, more than a little concerned.

Ginny sniffed and nodded. "Yeah, Rita. Sorry."

"You need me to cover you?"

"Thanks...just for a couple of minutes. We're almost done here, I think." Ginny smiled, which eased Rita's mind a bit.

"No problem." The manager headed to the closest of Ginny's tables.

Bess watched her go.

Ginny said, "And hey..."

"Yeah?"

"You look good. Like really good."

Bess smiled. "Thanks."

"Are you with Tim Callahan?"

The smile grew wider. "Yeah. It's our second date."

Ginny's smile was almost as big. "That's so great...Tim is really awesome!"

She then hugged Bess again. "You're a much better person than I ever expected. Thank you for not hating me."

Bess had not stopped smiling.

-----

The three teens stopped their conversation as Bess came back to the table, a neutral expression on her face. Each of them eyed her warily. Bess slid in next to Tim, and he leaned close. "Should...should we go?"

Bess then looked at the others, and suddenly there was a smile as incandescent as Katy's best. "I'd like to stay."

Tim laughed in joy and kissed her hard. Victor did the same with Marcia. Marcia then fiercely high-fived Bess, who happily responded.

Ginny then walked up, also smiling. "So what can I get you guys to drink?"

------

The evening was cool and clear as the group exited the restaurant. Dinner was delicious and the company was wonderful. Bess and Tim walked out to the sidewalk first, followed by Marcia, Victor...and Ginny.

The blonde waitress ended the phone call she was on. "Okay...my apartment's clear for us." She smiled at Marcia and Victor. Then she looked at Bess. "Are you sure you guys don't want to come back with us? Five is much better than three!"

Bess shook her head. "Thanks...but we've got one more date on Saturday before...", and she looked at Tim who smiled at her. She blushed deeply then looked back at Ginny, smiling wide.

Ginny was close to tears looking at her. She stepped up to Bess and hugged her. "Thank you for being...better than anyone else, especially me."

Bess hugged back. "Thank you for deciding to be a better person. And who knows, maybe at some point we can get together."

Ginny frowned for a moment, as she thought she felt something pressing against her thigh. Something that she had felt before, but definitely not from hugging another girl...

Bess broke the hug and smiled. Then she walked over to Tim and took his hand. She looked at Victor, then to Marcia. "Have fun, guys!"

Marcia laughed, grabbing Ginny's and Victor's hands in her own. "Oh, we will!"

Ginny blinked as Marcia grabbed her hand and was led away from the restaurant. She kept looking at Bess as the two groups headed in opposite directions, and as they turned a corner, she pictured the girl in her mind.

Marcia stopped and smiled at her. "You thinking about Bess?"

Ginny blushed a little. "Umm...maybe?"

"She's worth thinking about. Tonight though, Victor and I will give you plenty to think about."

-----

Tim and Bess strolled down the main street, hand-in-hand. Bess was reveling in the moment, loving the warmth of Tim's hand in hers. She looked over at the boy.

"So where are we going?"

"Just the end of the block...right here." Bess looked up.

Fosselman's Home Made Ice Cream

Bess gasped happily and she looked at Tim. He smiled back at her. "They make excellent milkshakes."

Bess did that thing that she did...her shoulders went up and her chin touched her chest and her head slightly turned. And just like Carrie, Tim was totally there for it.

He opened the door and escorted Bess in.

-----

12