All Comments on 'Valiant Valkyrie vs the Boarman 02'

by MarkVSharp

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So, despite being literally demigoddess, without power belt VV is just a retarded bimbo and punching bag? No superpowered mutants or secret lab/alien made weapons, any sneaky lowlife can grab her belt and make grade A heroine helpless? Not to mention both stories of "Boarman" series is as hot as diashwasher manual. How many of this is ahead of us? A month? Two months?!

MarkVSharpMarkVSharpabout 2 years agoAuthor

@Anonymous: Sad to hear you feel that way. Sounds like the current storyline is not to your taste. It is projected to finish around the start of June, yes. Maybe check in mid-Summer and see if anything I have out at that point is more to your liking?

Shilton_LinekerShilton_Linekerabout 2 years ago

I think that the anonymous comment gets at the heart of why the current score (3.10!) is so dissonant with the quality of the writing - perhaps recategorizing the setup pieces as "Non-Erotic" might help, if the score a consideration? Speaking personally, I treat user review scores here like IMDB ratings - not all 4.50 rated stories are worth it, but maybe 10% of those under that threshold are...

Or maybe convert the whole project to "Novels and Novellas" to make it clearer that it's a long-form work in progress, so people know to be patient before it reaches the, um, climax?

I don't want to see these stories downgraded for trivial reasons when the writing quality is well above average for this site, and for the genre as a whole.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

So Sun Idol has given birth to some of Luna's experiments?

And i can't help but feel like that cop is an idiot. Picking on super heroines when he himself doesn't have any powers. Do they not stop to think that if they push them too hard they might just kill him?

MarkVSharpMarkVSharpabout 2 years agoAuthor

@Shilton_Lineker: That’s a good point. This one is certainly an experiment; it’s a much slower build than most of what I’ve released prior, just because of the length. I put a warning to that effect at the start, but that probably was insufficient. And I don’t think you’re an outlier with respect to how you use ratings: works of mine that have the ‘hot’ tag consistently accumulate a much higher number of views than the ones without.

On submitting this to Novels and Novellas - I had considered that. I agree it would be a better fit there, overall. But I didn’t go that route because I wasn’t sure if it would be accepted there. I have submitted material to other categories in the past only to have it be reclassified as NonCon if it contained any nonconsensual sexual activity of any kind - of which, fair enough. I have also had discussions with other authors on this site who have had their stories reclassified into NonCon for such relatively low-key material as a security guard groping a breast during a pat-down and the like. Based on that standard, I didn’t think it was likely a single chapter of this would likely get through without the NonCon label. Do you know if Novels and Novellas is an exception to that rule? The only other category I have previously noticed also allowing NonCon material is NonHuman, and only if it would otherwise fit there (which this one does not).

In any case, for the moment I’ve already submitted chapter 3 and it is still in NonCon. I did expect the early chapters of this to suffer a bit precisely because of the slower build. We’ll see if things start to turn around as we get into the later chapters; Zoo also had the same issue where the midpoint chapters had relatively low ratings (they’ve bumped up since but they were all below 4 at one point), and the finale coming out still seemed to get a good reaction. If it continues to be less popular I won't stop posting it, since I'm already more or less committed to getting out the DBC version weekly and the response there so far has been very positive; but I might space it out a bit and try to slip in a couple shorter works to keep folks who aren't into this one tided over.

Anonymous2:

“So Sun Idol has given birth to some of Luna's experiments?”

Not necessarily. The intended meaning was that she has faced her lustful monsters before, and been threatened by them, but not necessarily penetrated. In much the same way someone who has been 'at the business end' of a gun, i.e. held at gunpoint, may not have actually been shot. However, while that was my intended meaning, I realized after your comment that it could easily be taken as you understood it, and I can definitely see your reading. There is actually a scene in Chapter 4 that would make it very obvious she hasn’t given birth before, but I’m now wondering if I should cut it since it might cause confusion or come across as a contradiction; it is ultimately not necessary for the plot and just a bit of side-dialog.

“I can’t help but feel like that cop is an idiot. [snip] …if they push them too hard they might just kill him?”

Well, Zippuli isn't the smartest guy around, but I would push back on that read actually. If as he says she is not legally permitted to operate in his city then AFAIK, at least up to the point of the repeated groping and/or ordering her to remove her panties, he would be 100% within his legal rights to do everything he is doing in just about any US jurisdiction. Killing an officer of the law in pursuit of his legal duties would be one hell of an escalation, likely with long-lasting repercussions. That said, the reason Daring Diva brought Sun Idol along was absolutely for the implied threat that, should it come down to a physical altercation, the cops are completely outmatched and would be utterly screwed - so there is still an aspect of that in the scene.

MarkVSharpMarkVSharpabout 2 years agoAuthor

Addendum to previous comment, re: spacing out schedule. Actually, disregard that, sorry. I'm just going to stick to my originally planned schedule regardless. I likely won't have time for anything else anyways, and I don't need to be setting perverse incentives. If I do get anything else out it will be in addition to not instead of. If you would like that let me know by comments and I will take it into consideration.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMarkVSharp@MarkVSharp
STATUS UPDATE JUNE 29 2023: so after a long wait the first of the Beachport Illustrated stories, titled 'Rebel Belle and Katy Colt: Booty,' drops tomorrow. Hope everyone enjoys it! More like it are coming, but probably no more than one every month or two at most, given the...