Casus Belli Ch. 06: Darkness Falls

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"He was right," Denora said, "on both accounts. You can survive a brothel, and you never know what the future will bring. As long as he isn't dead, there's still the possibility the two of you will end up together again."

Cassandra sighed, "He didn't expect to survive a defeat, and he was aware he might not live to see our victory either, which is why he also made me promise that, should he die, I wouldn't cling to his memory, and try to find love again."

Leavy caressed her face, "He loves you very much," she said.

It didn't escape Cassandra she used present tense. She placed her arms around the maiden, and hugged her close. "Thank you," she whispered, "for everything you said." As she let go of Leavy, so did her maidens of her. She looked around her inner circle, "Brando didn't want me to survive primarily for our own benefit, he wanted me to survive because, by choosing death, I would be breaking my oath. You see, at my coronation I swore to protect Nigawa and its people for as long as I lived, so freely choosing death would be kind of cheating my way out of my obligations. He implied that somewhere in the future, I might become a rallying point for the Nigawan people."

Her maidens all nodded their understanding. "And wouldn't it be nice if Brando was still around at that time," Leavy whispered with a soft smile.

*** To be Continued ***

Copyright (c) 2022

Banbeck, All Rights Reserved.

This work may not be published whether for fee or free without this copyright.

1...456789