Ned's Big Payday Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In a moment, the policeman came and apologized for the delay, but he just had to see their car. Another police officer came and asked to see the engine. Ned struggled but eventually found the hood release. All looked in disbelief at the twin turbo engine that completely filled the space. Everything glimmered like new.

When returning to Angie's home, they talked about the car and realized they would have similar reactions from people every time it was driven. The limo service idea was looking better every minute.

***

Later that week, Tom told Kate that he would be in New York the following weekend to attend the show of one of their artists. He asked, "Would it be possible for you to come to the show and spend the weekend with me. I can get tickets to a Broadway play, if you like."

"Tom, I'd love to. Let me ask Nikki to book the trip and I'll send you the details. And, Tom, this time there's no need for a separate hotel room."

His mind went to the heavens. He asked, "Are you saying you're willing to sleep with me?"

"I am. I know we're still learning about each other, but damn it, sleeping together is a part of the learning. You may decide you could do better and move on. Maybe I will."

"It seems like we've come to a crossroad and are deciding the way to go," he said.

Kate replied, "We are. I've been worrying about what you would think. We're both well experienced in love so you're not taking my virginity. Since our trip to Napa, all I seem to think about is you. Angie's been running the business while I daydream."

He replied, "I know that feeling. Tell Nikki that I'll fly you home so book a one-way flight."

"What about your artists?"

"They leave Saturday afternoon for a three-week tour in England and France. All venues are sold out."

"That's wonderful. It makes for great record sales."

Tom replied, "We also get a percentage of their merchandise sales."

Kate retorted, "Then maybe we can go to two Broadway shows."

***

Sunday afternoon, Angie and Ned were watching an NFL game when the phone rang. His caller ID showed Janet, the cheerleaders name. He stared at it and decided to call her back later. He didn't want to start digging another bottomless hole. "It was a spam call," he said.

Angie replied, "I get lots of those. By the way, I asked my assistant to check the cost of renting a limo for a wedding. She found that the cost varied depending on how long the driver needed to be available and the mileage driven. A typical wedding would be $800 to $1000, sometimes more."

"That sounds high, doesn't it?"

"Not to me. That included the limo picking up the bride and parents at their home, driving to the wedding venue, waiting for the service to end, driving the bride and groom to the reception, waiting for the reception to end and then driving them away to begin their honeymoon. That's a lot of time and service."

Ned replied, "I guess that doesn't sound so bad. It could be eight hours of use which is only $150 or less per hour. I think we should talk to Kate and Jason. A Bentley is a lot more elegant than a stretch limo."

When Angie left to shower, Ned listened to the voice mail.

"Hey Ned, this is Janet. Sorry to have missed you but I wanted to give you some happy news. After you told me you were shutting down, I was in a bad mood. I started drinking too much and Beth noticed. She verbally kicked my butt and I stopped. But to the point of my call. I've met a man named Rob Travis that I think might be the one. We met at the Starbucks when he asked to share my table. We started talking and I found that he was in engineering and was from Texas. At first, he was painfully shy but warmed up as we talked. The next day, I saw him there and asked if I could join him. We talked and talked. I thought he was just the nicest guy. Well, we're now dating and after three dates he finally asked if he could kiss me. My god, that was a great kiss. Now he's asked me to spend Christmas at his parent's ranch in Texas. I just wanted you to know that your therapy made a huge difference as it opened my eyes to what men could be. I'll keep you posted. Thanks again. Bye"

Ned smiled and thought, "I doubt I will hear from her again. Maybe Beth will call."

End of Chapter 11