All Comments on 'Quiet, Don't Wake Him'

by Lifestyle66

Sort by:
  • 58 Comments
TajfaTajfa3 months ago

Too much still to be said. I know this is a 750 word entry but this could be expanded into a longer story.

Now the kids are away it would be good to hear how she reacts to the divorce papers.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

What's good for the goose is even better for the gander!

5

Impo_64Impo_643 months ago

"I'm expecting some kind of major fireworks show when I return next Sunday"...Really? Will he return? Why? 2*

BigfundrewBigfundrew3 months ago

"Staying for the kids" is such a lame excuse. It's a cop-out

demanderdemander3 months ago

Love lost. Sleep lost, too. D

knoxhardknoxhard3 months ago

Perhaps a worthy story to flesh out fully.

Staying for the kids is important. The research shows that fatherless kids are far more likely to become radicalized, or end up in prison, or become addicts, etc. When the Stasi recruited informants, they targeted people who grew up without fathers in the homes. They were so desperate to feel like they belonged, they were willing to embrace the dictatorship. Groups like Antifa today have exceptionally high percentages of fatherless kids.

Will all kids from divorce end up in radical groups? Of course not, but all kids from divorce end up psychologically damaged and about a fourth are so damaged they can be classified as psychologically abnormal.

Intrigued_byeIntrigued_bye3 months ago

setup but no finish

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhino3 months ago

Getting fed up with these 750 word story outlines, quite boring and go seemingly nowhere.

oksideshow859419oksideshow8594193 months ago

Great storyline but I feel like something is missing ummmm....

🤷🤦🙋☝️.... 🤯🧠🧟‍♀️

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ho hum

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Whoever came up with this 750 word bullshit didn't do anyone any favors. Out of all the 750 crap, I think I read 2 that were worth more than a star. This was not one of them.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Otherwise, payback can be hell.

mndhanson017mndhanson0173 months ago

The cheating husband tag makes no sense, when he's not the one cheating, kind of misinformative

bacchant2bacchant23 months ago

For me it was too big a subject for 750 words.

maedhros21maedhros213 months ago

ZZZzzzzzzzzzz 1 star because its not a story.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu3 months ago

And where's rhe end part?

silverthorne16silverthorne163 months ago

Staying for the kids? Fine. But at least he shouldn't allow the slut assume he's too stupid to know. At least he should have some documented proof of her infidelities for divorce later on.

Lowrider2020Lowrider20203 months ago

This one requires a finish, I gave you five as a down payment on an ending.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer3 months ago

mmm The life of a spineless man! No backbone and no self respect. The kids are no excuse to allowing yourself to be treated like a doormat and have your "loving" wife walk all over you. The damage done to your kids by showing a live example of being a simp, is difficult to calculate. You probably disgust them for your weakness. But you've messed them up more than if you had divorced and had shared custody.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I don't get how anyone can put up with a cheating slag for days let alone years. The idea of helping the kids is bullshit. Staying in a toxic relationship is far worse for them than splitting a bad marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The "for the kids" lie loses 3 stars. It creates a toxic home and model for the children's future relationships. It sound "noble", but like all virtue signaling, it's destructive nonsense.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x3 months ago

"Well, I have to shout, so you'll understand me!" - They understand her fine, they just don't agree with her!

\

@knoxhard, having a divorced father isn't the same as being fatherless.

NickTeeNickTee3 months ago

Staying for the kids only happens on Literotica. Kids are better off with divorced but happy parents than in twi parent toxic environments

NickTeeNickTee3 months ago

@ Knoxhard. I think.you confuse divorced but involved parents esp. fathers to fatherless children. The sittuations you quote are/were children with absent fathers. There's a difference...

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

2 stars for a confusing 750 word scene.

Tomh1966Tomh19663 months ago

Suggestion: 14K version of this plot.

I liked it.

lujon2019lujon20193 months ago

Everyone seems to misunderstand the 750 word challenge,

it IS NOT to WRITE a "story" 750 words long

.

.

it IS to write a STORY 750 words long

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

He put up with her cheating shit WAY too long. Three stars ⭐️ is a generous score.

Ridiculous69Ridiculous693 months ago

Blah. Either take decisive action or just so t do anything. Seems like MC just uses the kids to stop him from just dumping the slut and moving on. How could a military man sit back for two years doing nothing?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Well written till is stopped. As they say FINISH THE DAM STORY!!!! This was all set-up, this is not a story until you conclude what happened. It's like your boss said you did a fantastic job, there will be a bonus. I'll write you a check. then they just go home and your wondering if you will ever get paid. That is how us readers feel!!!

Harryin VAHarryin VA3 months ago

Get mental help. God damn that was dumb

Lifestyle66Lifestyle663 months agoAuthor

For those who insist they know his "staying for the kids" is wrong, you're some clueless academic.

The story shows her as a controlling bitch of a wife. If you have never dealt with one, she would have taken younger kids away from him in a divorce and poisoned them against their father. I've seen this happen in real life to multiple marriages.

So, once a guy gets trapped in such a marriage, it's often a choice between the kids or tolerating the bitch. But divorce with young kids rarely ends well when splitting from a toxic individual.

kilcannonkilcannon3 months ago

It’s a great set up for a story, but didn’t really tell a story

GamblnluckGamblnluck3 months ago

This is one of those stories that would have best been told as a far longer story than 750. You need to actually show her reaction... Flesh out her being a dumb bitch who thinks her clueless husband.

If that is, she is clueless and thinks he has no idea..From your other stories I'd give her a 60% chance of thinking her husband knows and either does not care or is a full cuck and gets off on it.

Her reaction could just as easily be "Oh well.He finally caught on...No prob. Now I can stay out longer."3 stars

miket0422miket04223 months ago

I'm more interested in the fireworks that will happen next Sunday than anything I read in this attempt at a story.

krazicat99krazicat993 months ago

Where's the beef???

Bargyn1Bargyn13 months ago

So, weekend details and then the fireworks?

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ2 months ago

No more games. The kids are out of the house. Move her crap into a different room don’t speak to her again, then put a for sale sign in the front yard. She’ll get the message pretty quick. Make sure the kids are on board and find a new place with room for them.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Take it from a former kid whose parents stayed married "for the sake of the kids", get the damn divorce!!

To the dad, tell the Mrs. you'll send the child support $ home with the kids WHEN you see them!

And make the payments WEEKLY (not monthly)!

26thNC26thNC2 months ago

Damn! A Lifestyle66 story that I actually enjoyed and want to read more of.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Ok..that was 750 words of building up to a story… now where is the story?

lujon2019lujon20192 months ago

"The story shows her as a controlling bitch of a wife. If you have never dealt with one, she would have taken younger kids away from him in a divorce and poisoned them against their father. I've seen this happen in real life to multiple marriages.

So, once a guy gets trapped in such a marriage, it's often a choice between the kids or tolerating the bitch. But divorce with young kids rarely ends well when splitting from a toxic individual."

.

.

.

.

Was all that information in the section of the story you DIDNT post?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

@author: Except most people aren't toxic. So, divorce is still the better option for the vast majority. So, yeah, the academics might know what they're talking about.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

So he is cheating2? Silly game... **

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Awesome setup for more drama. From having read many of these short stories, I've come to believe that 750 word stories need to have a beginning, middle and end. There doesn't seem to be sufficient word space in such short story to create a cliff-hanger with a satisfactory end point.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

this. This is what you submitted for a contest? Needless to say you didn't win, right?

OffRoadDieselOffRoadDiesel2 months ago

She carefuly climbed in bed thinking I was asleep. I let her settle in before loudly saying, “I’M AWAKE!! LET’S FUCK!!!” knowing her heart would be racing for hours, negating her “I’m tired” excuse.

.

I know 750 words is challenging, but this was missing… feeling?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

I'd like to have seen this one being longer and more fleshed out. Why do I want to see(hear about) the fireworks for next Sunday?

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Sheesh, people still complaining that a fast food burger isn't a steak dinner.

Everyone gets it, you want more from a story than 750 words allows for.

So do the rest of us a favor and STOP READING THEM!

These aren't like the stealth cuck-tales or RAACs that don't reveal themselves until you're well into it.

The word count is posted at the top of the page, just takes a second to look.

@Author: good job with what you had to work with. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Short and sweet. He probably wishes his marriage was also.

elling50elling502 months ago

Sad story, well written.

NitpicNitpic2 months ago
Makings

Makings of a good story,but needs more.

Lifestyle66Lifestyle66about 2 months agoAuthor

For readers who would like a longer version of this story and main character, try reading my story "Abuse Addict".

Sams_IslandSams_Islandabout 2 months ago

We post them because they're fun and challenging to write. It's not a contest, it's a writer's project; a joint exercise. So, the question is back to you, why read them when you've been given full warning? Skip them like any other category you skip.

As for this entry into the 750 Project, very well done. We know what Hubby's been putting up with it, we know why he did it, and we know that he finally sees a light at the end of the tunnel.

KingCuddleKingCuddle15 days ago

What's to even like?

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLifestyle66@Lifestyle66
I've enjoyed writing for my own benefit in the past. Being a geek in my previous careers, learning to write a good story is now a challenge for my spare time. I'm an older male interested in the Loving Wives category, with those stories involving consensual sharing. I don't...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES