The Proposal

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Don't bother. From the looks of it last night, you already tried him out. He's all yours. I broke up with him. So do whatever."

"Why would you break up with him? He'll be back."

"Because, I may not be good enough for Noah, but I will never...never again be someone's second choice. I deserve better. I demand better.

"But let me just add this before I kick your ass out of my house. Which, by the way, may take a lot of kicking, I may not want him, and if he wants to date some female wrestler woman he's welcome to.

"But if you hurt him....if you put him through what he's gone through before....We're going to have another chat, whoever the fuck you are, and I'm going to forget that I'm a lady." So, she'll defend him even if he breaks her heart.

"Now get the hell out of my house!"

"You love him don't you?"

"It's none of your damn business!"

"Oh, come on. As a one girlfriend to an ex-girlfriend."

"Yes, I love him. I loved him from the first moment I saw him."

"Well, we have that in common. Before you kick me out, I have to make a quick call. Is that OK?"

Clearly exasperated, "Sure, whatever." Sarcastically, "Do you want to use my phone?"

Smiling. "No. No. That would be imposing. Just a minute. Hi, Mom. Sorry. I know it's real early there. Yes, I'm here with Kate now. Yup, we're having a very pleasant conversation. There was a little confusion about who I was last night and I think I pissed her off.

"I think she was just about to slug me. She said she was going to kick my ass, all five foot...just a minute, Mom..." Turning to Kate, "How tall are you, Kate?"

"Five four."

"She's all of five foot four. Is that with heels, Kate?" Kate fumed. "Anyway, Mom, she called me an Amazon and a female wrestler." Poppy laughed and Kate heard laughter on the other end.

"This one's a spitfire, Mom. I'll fill you in later, but I think we should let Noah keep her. Love you too, Mom. Maybe we can FaceTime later and you can meet her since Noah's been so tight mouthed. You probably shouldn't have dropped him when he was was a baby. Just kidding, Mom!"

"Oh, darn! Are you Trish?" Bursting into tears.

"No. Poppy. His big, well, his oldest sister. Trish is bigger. I was sent here to see if I had to drag my little brother home by the ear and let Mom talk some sense into him. He's been known to, uh, make mistakes in the past. Before....well, before Chris.. And I was sent to offer my 'guidance.'

"Poppy? Oh no. No, no, no." Crying. "Poppy, I am sorry for the things I said, but I have to find him. I have to apologize. I hurt him and I would never...."

She went to dash out the door and leave to find Noah. Poppy grabbed her by the arm and hugged her. "No, no, Kate. Relax. It'll be just fine. He understands. And you can see him in a bit, but first we need to discuss a few things. Why don't you get me something cold to drink and we can talk about it."

"No! I need to find him. I have to make this right."

"So, you do love that dumbass brother of mine...?"

"Oh, Poppy. More than you could ever imagine. But then I saw you climb all over him, and he responded, and then in the truck."

"Yea, I guess I can see where that would look a little suspicious. And with your fear of betrayal..."

"How do you know about that?"

"I've already had a discussion with my brother. Now you tell me your version of this love story and how you feel towards my brother. First, why haven't you told him you loved him?"

"Poppy. I've been scared to death to. I keep picking the wrong man. And it seems that once I tell people I love them, it seems it never lasts. It falls apart. They get ready to leave. I was too frightened to say it. But, God, how I love your brother. More than anyone ever in my life before."

"So let's talk for a bit. Kate." She reached in her pocket, pulled out a wedding ring and slid it back onto her finger. "Damn. I felt naked without that. After almost twelve years..."

"You're married?"

"You seem surprised. Not like you wear your feelings on your face at all, Kate. Don't play poker much do you? Yes, even giant Amazon women can find a mate."

"Poppy. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean..."

Smiling. "I know, Kate. Relax. And just for the record, my ass used to look just like yours before the four kids ruined it."

A half hour later: "Well, Kate, enough chit chat. I think you're going to be exactly what that knothead needs. You're still pretty upset, so before I let you go see him, I think you need to take a walk. Didn't you say to Noah that it always calmed you down and gave you clarity, or whatever?"

"Yea, but I feel so bad about what I did...I should have let him explain. I..."

"i have a proposal for you. Take a walk. I know where he is, you don't and I won't take you until you...well until you do something with that hair and change your clothes. Wear something nice. You can't go trying to make up with him looking like shit. Now go, hurry up and then take that walk."

She rushed around. Hair, makeup, a dress."

"Whoa, Kate! You are one good looking girl. I can't believe you're interested in an ugly cuss like my brother. You know, he's gonna make ugly babies."

"I know. We already discussed that." And laughed. "I don't care. They'll be our babies."

"Good girl. Take your walk and then we'll go. Now here's a jar. I want you to bring back some water from the river so I know you didn't cheat and just sat in the woods."

"I don't cheat."

"I know. See you in a bit. With some water." She decided she had to run. She had to get this done so she could apologize to Noah. She rounded the last bend and saw a man standing in the water. Her heart filled with joy and happiness. It couldn't be.

"Excuse me! Are you lost, Sir?"

He turned around and kept standing. "I hope not, Ma'am. I want to think I'm home."

She walked directly into the water took him in her arms and kissed him. "Noah, I..I am so sorry. I never should have doubted you. I... I love you. I love you so much. I was so afraid I'd lost you.

"It's alright. I understand. I love you and promise to never leave you."

"And I promise to die 30 seconds after you do, because I couldn't stand to be here without you." They kissed again.

"Now, can I get the heck out of this water? I've been standing here forever. What. Did you and Poppy go out for breakfast? I'm frozen." They walked out hand in hand. On the grass, he paused. She turned to see why he'd stopped. He knelt at the riverside. "Kate, will you marry me and have ugly babies with me. I'm sure Poppy told you they would be ugly."

"Yes, yes, yes! And I told her I didn't care." He slid it on and she jumped forward to embrace him. They kissed.

Poppy took her last photo. "I love it! 'Naked Brother Proposes to Soggy Girlfriend.' Perfect wedding gift. Mom'll love it and he'll hate me for it. Doesn't get any better than that! I guess I'll have to dither a bigger box than I anticipated.

Guess I'll get something to eat and call Mom to fill her in. Give my stamp of approval. I suspect they'll be at the riverside for a while and I don't want to watch any of that.

She might as well, pitch that dress. A shame. She looked real cute in it.

1...456789