All Comments on 'White Freshman, Black Coeds Ch. 23'

by MarkLivingston

Sort by:
  • 4 Comments
Falstaff60Falstaff609 months ago

Love the story and the journey Mark and Kia are on. Good to see Candace and Kiesha back in the mix. They were less and less in the story the past few chapters. My only niggle is I wish the chapters came out more often. But I understand that this is a side for most authors and life has to be lived.

I myself am married to a black woman for the past 34 yrs. NYC is where I met my wife.

MarkLivingstonMarkLivingston9 months agoAuthor

Wow, 34 years! So you married in about 1989, and met a year or two before that? I'm guessing an interracial relationship "your way" (mine too), wasn't as big a deal in NYC, even back in the late 80s, but in some places it was. I met my wife in December 2001 in South Carolina, and while things had gotten better since the days of Loving, of course, I think it was still frowned upon somewhat by both sides.

As part of an IRC (Interracial Couple, that's how we abbreviate ourselves), I'd love to hear how the story is coming across to you. Either here or in PM. I'm trying to let Mark go into it wide-eyed, with no preconceived notions except his time in the Boys' Home. But I'm writing with 22 years of hindsight, and hope I'm not glossing over anything.

Does your wife read here? If so, I'd LOVE to hear what she thought of the First Time story (or Chapters 7-12, but I took Mark's touching/sexual interaction out of A Tutored First TIme). Either directly or through you. Mostly just from a woman's viewpoint, but also as a black woman: could she relate to Nia, would she have been attracted to a white guy at that age, those sorts of things.

Thanks again, and take care.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Need Chapter 24! Married to a black woman as well for 25 years. These interracial stories are mostly black men, love reading one with the black women. Thank you

MarkLivingstonMarkLivingston7 months agoAuthor

Thanks for the encouragement! Glad to hear of another couple "our way." And you're right, most of the stories you see are the other way, which is a shame. Chapter 24 was submitted on 10/1, so it shouldn't be much longer till the moderators approve it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous