WildSpace - Voyage of the Naginata Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know my father imprisoned you in the palace, so if you want to stay away from him, I understand." Katarina said sympathetically.

Il'taira, slightly taken aback, nodded assuredly. "I... yes, I'm fine." She replied. Kat could see she was holding back, but didn't press her.

"Good, thank you." Kat replied and left. Il'taira returned to the engine room and approached Cali from behind. She slid her hands around her waist and rested her chin on Cali's shoulder.

"Hi!" Cali purred.

"Hi."

On the bridge Lexi and Saphina sat in the command chair and pilot's chair watching the jump space light show. "What is the eta of this trip?" Saphina asked.

Lexi checked a monitor and turned to her. "Six hours and forty seven minutes." She sighed.

"Good! Saphina replied as she jumped up, moved to Lexi and dropped onto her lap. "I think we can find a few ways to pad the time!" She kissed Lexi's nose.

Back in the engine room, Cali and Il'taira kissed. "Cali, I can hear your thoughts."

"What?!"

"Our connection grows stronger and opens up our minds to each other, I will teach you how."

"Uhh, okay."

"Something is bothering you, I feel it. It's there anything I can do to help you?" She asked. Cali took a deep breath and let it out slowly.

"Honestly, I'm worried about this trip to see Kat's father."

"Why is that?"

"I heard your interaction with Kat, she said you were held captive by her father!" Cali said. "This... thing... the connection between us is so... captivating and I don't want to lose you."

Il'taira gave her a sweet smile, kissed her and held her tightly. "I'm not going anywhere. I appreciate your concern, but I'm quite capable of taking care of myself... and you."

"You don't have to take care of me." Cali said.

"I know, but..."

In the mess, Serra and Katarina were consuming a light meal and chatting. "Is there anything we need to do before we meet up with your father?" Serra asked.

"I... I'm not sure." Kat replied. "I mean, my father had been missing for over three years and I have no idea what he's been up to, or why he sought us out."

"Do you think he's looking to expand the empire?"

"No." Kat shook her head. "That wouldn't make sense. He left, as far as we know, alone." She paused to take a bite of food. "But, to be honest, I have no idea why he even left, but I'm definitely going to get answers." Katarina said determinedly.

"I'll be right next to you, if you need me." Serra said.

Kat turned her attention fully to Serra and smiled. "I cannot thank you enough for everything you've done for me and continue to do."

"No need to thank me." She returned the smile. "Let's finish this food and go to my quarters. I need to relax!"

"Agreed!" Kat replied enthusiastically.

On the bridge Lexi stood up and leaned against the cool metal of the hull by the door. Her legs were parted and Saphina kneeled before her. Her face buried in Lexi's sex, liking up at her as she squirmed with pleasure. Lexi laced her fingers in Saphina's white hair and pulled her in. She began to tremble and shake. Her knees weakened as her orgasm washed over her. "Fuck!" She started to collapse. Saphina quickly stood and wrapped her arm around Lexi and with her other hand, she reached down and rubbed Lexi's clit. "Oh shit! Please... don't stop!" She squealed as her orgasm continued to weaken her knees. Finally, she tried to push Saphina's hand away. She stopped and picked Lexi up in her arms and held her close. She was surprisingly strong.

"That was amazing!" Lexi gasped. "As usual!"

"I'm glad, I love the way you moan, wriggle and especially the way you taste!" Saphina said excitedly.

"Thank you!" Lexi replied, still catching her breath. Saphina carefully set Lexi back down on her feet. She wobbled for a moment, but got her legs under her. She turned and led at the Kurn, "My turn!"

"Damn right!" Saphina hopped up in the tactical console. Lexi stood and watched her for a moment. Saphina began to play with herself. Her long slender fingers deftly spread her dark pink outer lips open to reveal her moist, bright pink inside. She rubbed her clit, causing her to get even wetter, then she slowly slid two fingers in and gave out a sweet, quiet moan.

"Damn! You are so sexy! I'm going to-"

A chime interrupted her. "Shit!" Lexi reached around Saphina's ass and punched up the monitor.

"What is it?" Saphina asked, rubbing herself.

"We've got incoming!" Lexi replied. She leaned over and kissed Saphina, "I'm sorry, get dressed."

"You owe me!" Saphina teased her.

"Trust me, you're gonna get it... good!" Lexi replied, pulling up her pants. The two of them got dressed and Lexi dropped into the Ops seat as Serra and Kat arrived.

"What's going on?" Serra asked.

"Incoming." Lexi replied.

"Shields." Serra said, looking up out the front windows.

"There!" Kat pointed at a huge ship that materialized out of jump space.

"What the fuck?!" Lexi said, as Cali and Il'taira arrived.

"We're being hailed." Cali said.

"Let's answer." Serra flipped a switch. "This is Captain Serra Harkner of the SS Naginata, who are you?"

"Captain, my name is Haston Graglubute, if I may, I would like to speak with my daughter."

"Father, I'm here."

"Katarina! It is so good to hear your voice after all this time. May I come aboard captain?" He asked. Serra looked at Kat who nodded.

"Our docking tube is ready to receive you." Serra replied.

"I'm grateful."

The comm went dead as Haston cut the connection. The huge ship slipped next to the Naginata. It was almost laughably large in comparison. Serra, Kat, Lexi and Saphina went to greet the former Emperor at the boarding hatch. The tube locked and pressure was established. The hatch door slid open and standing at the end of the boarding tube was a mountain of a man. He was a curious mix of mobility and savagery. He wore black and bronze battle plate. He carried no weapon, but he did have a pair of huge gauntlets mag-locked to his hips. He also wore a purple tunic with the royal seal. He began to march down the tube, when Lexi leaned toward Saphina. "Not exactly subtle."

"Shh!" She frowned at her.

Upon reaching them, Serra swallowed hard. Her anxiety was nearly overwhelming.

"Daughter." He nodded to Katarina.

"Father." She replied. He reached out and put his hand on her shoulder and she followed suit. After a long moment, they embraced.

"Good to see you daughter!" He exclaimed, with a big smile.

"You too!" She replied, "please, come aboard."

Haston turned to Serra. "Captain, permission to come aboard."

"Oh... yeah... I mean, granted." Serra replied, a little stunned.

"You have my thanks." He said and followed Katarina back toward the lounge. As he passed Saphina and Lexi he nodded, "Handmaiden Saphina, it's good to see you."

"Your grace." She said solemnly with a slight bow.

As they gathered in the lounge, Cali and Il'taira entered, and kept her distance, staying behind the young engineer. Haston glanced up and saw Il'taira hiding behind Cali.

"Hello there." He said with a sincere smile. They all looked at Il'taira, confused. "That is you Vey'ael?"

"Vey'ael?" Serra asked questioningly.

"It means 'blessed one' in our tongue." Kat told her. Il'taira shyly hid behind Cali.

"Please," he held out his hand. Cali stepped aside and Il'taira stepped forward. "It's so wonderful to see you again."

"As you my Emperor." She replied. He motioned her closer. She came to stand a few feet from him.

"I'm beyond words to see you. This means everything I've done up to this point has been the right course of action." He said.

"Father, where have you been?" Kat asked. "What do you mean?"

"Daughter, I need to ask a favor first." He said.

"What is it?" Kat asked exasperated.

I have a crate on my ship, I need it delivered to Feruun six. Find a Grimdrax named Lir'daen, he will handle payment."

"Wait, where the heck is the Feruun system?" Serra asked.

"Don't worry captain, I will give you the coordinates." He said with a smile.

"What's in the crate father?" Katarina asked.

"The future." He said.

"That's not vague at all." Lexi said quietly.

"The future?! What are you talking about?" Katarina asked.

"Please daughter, I can't do it myself, I would be recognized and all this would be for not." Haston said seriously.

"I think we can do this," Katarina said looking at Serra who gave her a smile. "Will it be dangerous?"

"Dangerous? No my daughter, I will never put you at risk." He said. "Since when has danger ever concerned you?" Haston asked.

"Father, I commanded our legions... from the front line!" She laughed.

"Indeed, however, I can tell you have something very important here," he smiled at Serra, "and I would not risk it."

"What do you mean?" Kat asked.

"Daughter, I may be old, 167 years old... but I am not blind." Haston smiled. "The good captain obviously means something very special to you."

"Thank you father."

"She'll be a wonderful life mate."

"Life mate?!" Serra replied.

"Father, Serra and I are indeed together, but we haven't been mated." Kat explained.

"Katarina," he smirked. "I know EVERYTHING that you've been through as of late. I know she was named as your Empress-Consort."

"So?"

"By Kurn law, you are life mates, that is, unless Saphina has witnessed your disbanding of the union." He explained.

Kat looked at Serra and Serra returned the look.

"Well, no, we haven't been through a disbanding, but-"

"Then you are still mates." Haston nodded. "Unless you want it to end." He said directly to Serra. "You would make a fine mate."

"Gee, thanks." Serra replied sarcastically.

Haston chuckled, "My apologies captain, I meant no offense. In our language mate is a serious union, not to be taken lightly." He cocked an eyebrow at his daughter. "But I understand my daughter's reasoning."

Serra nodded to him.

Katarina and Haston spoke in low tones for over an hour, while a mysterious crate had been loaded until the cargo bay. Finally, Haston was preparing to leave.

"Father, where will you go?" Katarina asked.

"Beyond fringe space."

"Beyond?!"

"That's all I can say, for now." He replied. "But be at ease, I know what I'm doing and where I'm going."

"I don't exactly understand, but I trust you." She reassured him.

"Please, see this task be done."

"We're in." Serra said.

"Very good!" He replied with a wide smile.

Haston, Katarina and Serra returned to the docking tube. Lexi, Saphina, Cali and Il'taira all stood a ways behind them.

Haston turned to look at the crew and smiled. Farewell all... Vey'ael, take care of them." He called to Il'Taira, who nodded to him. "Farewell captain, Farewell daughter, be well."

"Thank you father, you as well." Katarina said. Serra nodded. He stepped into the tube but stopped half way up. Turning, he waved for Katarina to approach. Katarina stepped and walked up the tube to him. "What is it?"

"I almost forgot," he unlocked the gauntlets on his hips and handed them to her. "I need you to have these."

"Father, no!" Katarina said, pushing them back.

"Please." He nodded.

"The Fists of Mellain..." Kat said almost wistfully. Her eyes scanned the oversized, armored gloves. Black iron (one of the strongest metals in the galaxy), bronze trim, Kurn runes and the studios of their two main gods, Mellain and Arkhan seemingly embossed in ruby.

"They are our legacy." He said. He turned away, but then back to her. "Oh, and daughter, maybe don't break your mate bond quite yet." He said with a smile. "I've seen the way you two are together just in this short time, it reminds me of your mother and I before you and Kiertan were born." He said and turned away. After the portal to Haston's ship closed, Katarina returned to the Naginata holding the gauntlets.

"Everything okay?" Serra asked as the crew began to disperse.

"I... yes." Kat gave her a smile. She set down the gauntlets and took a deep breath. "Let's just get this done."

"Alright," as they closed up the boarding hatch door Serra grabbed Katarina's arm. "After we do this, let's take a vacation!"

"Vacation?"

"You and me, away from the ship for a few days,"Serra said.

"That sounds... really nice." Kat replied. Serra kissed her and smiled.

On the bridge Lexi, Saphina, Cali and Il'taira waited.

"Coordinates set in the nav computer captain." Lexi said. Kat dropped into the pilot seat.

"Alright, let's get this going." Serra said.

"What about the VoidStar?" Saphina asked. They all looked at her confused.

"We got refueled and resupplied on Wrolmar, we're good for awhile." Serra explained.

"Oh."

Serra paused and looked at Kat who just shrugged.

"Let's do it." Serra said. Kat pulled the jump drive lever. The Naginata lurched into jump space. The low growl of the drive filled the air in the ship. Lexi cleared her throat and shifted in her seat. "Cap?"

"Yes?"

"I have a strange readout here."

Serra spun in her chair, "What is it?"

"There's a strange energy leak in the main pulse cannon." She explained. Serra punched up the Ops console readouts and looked it over. "Hmmm."

"What is it?" Kat asked. Cali jumped up and looked over Serra's shoulder. "There's an uneven flow between the energy converter in the launcher."

"Can you fix it?" Serra asked.

"I think so." Cali replied. "Katarina, could I get an assist?"

"You got it." Kat got up, leaned over and kissed Serra and followed Cali out.

"Get on it ladies." Serra said. Cali and Katarina exited the bridge. Serra looked over all the readouts from her station and nodded to herself.

In engineering, Cali was looking over the power conduit transfer readouts, while Katarina inspected the connector at the transfer point deeper in the engine room. "It looks like we might be able to reroute the power through the secondary power transfer unit. But... if we get into a fight..." Kat said. "It will overload the capacitor."

"Right." Cali replied. "I'm thinking we go with that until we can get a new-"

"Wait, let me take a look here." Kat scoured the systems for a moment. "Ah! Let's reverse the flow and reroute it through the star drive."

"That will definitely give us the ability to handle the capacity, but we'll need to stutter the cycle and keep it offline." Cali added.

"Yeah, that's perfect Cali!"

"We just need to keep the star drive offline as long as possible, because it'll burn fuel twice as fast." Cali added.

"Maybe we can fix it before we need the star drive." Kat said.

"Let's get started, I'll let the captain know." Cali said excitedly. Kat got to work as Cali went to the bridge. Just before she arrived, the ship was rocked by a blast! The Naginata fell out of jump space instantly.

"What the hell?!" Cali turned and ran back to the engine room. Serra and Lexi went over the tactics readouts. Cali returned to the engine room, but it was filled with smoke!

"Cap, I need you in the engine room!" Cali called over the comms.

"Kat! Can you hear me?!" Cali called through the smoke. Serra and Il'taira arrived.

"Cali? Where's Kat?" Serra asked. "Is she in there?!"

"Yeah, I left her to begin repairs."

"Shit!" Serra started to breach the doorway, but retreated coughing violently. Serra punched buttons on a wall console.

"What are you doing?!" Cali asked her.

"I'm going to vent the ship! It'll pull the smoke out and we can get to Kat!" She explained. A 'whoosh!' roared through the ship, pulling the smoke out. "Kat!" Serra called as she rushed through the engine room. Then she saw Kat lying unconscious and bleeding! Cali followed her in, spraying a fire with an extinguisher. Saphina suddenly appeared at Serra's side.

"Oh no! Lady Katarina, can you hear me?" She asked worriedly.

"Help me!" Serra said and she grabbed one of Kat's arms. Saphina grabbed the other and they rushed her to the medical bay. Serra's eyes filled with tears as they laid her on a bed. She leaned close and whispered in her ear. "Please please please be okay!"