Starling

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He hung up again and I could feel how light his heart was when he sat next to me and laid a hand on my arm. I could hear the tap tap taps as he texted someone. Why was my heart aching so much?

I shoved it away, shoved it all away. I didn't want to meet Naomi or Evie or see his brother in law in drag. I didn't want to be included in his family, it was all some trick my heart was playing on me. I was trapped here. Held hostage. He was a monster. A likable monster.

He moved and I did jerk, there was no way to hide it.

"Babe?"

"I have to pee," I said groggily, trying to cover it. He helped me up and I staggered to the bathroom, then pretended to fall asleep sitting there, leaning on the wall.

"Babe, come on," he said gently, then carried me back to the bed.

I put my arms around him with a sigh and held him as he laid me down. He had to extricate himself from my arms and I made a noise of protest before sighing and 'going back to sleep'.

He moved next to me and pulled my head into his lap as he kept texting, his free hand stroking my hair again. Why did he have to be so affectionate and sweet? He wasn't even my type. He was so punk and pierced and tattooed and he worked with alcohol. I always liked smart guys, polite and clean cut. He was smart... I guessed. And polite, usually. He was punky, but not dirty...

Why was I making excuses to fit him into my molds? I warred with myself for over an hour, before finally deciding. It was ok to like him and care about him, but that doesn't excuse all he had done. It was ok to enjoy his arms and the amazing sex, but I still wanted to go to my own home and get out of this basement and off this chain.

I stirred and he lifted his arm. "Babe?"

"Starling," I grumbled, looking around. "What time is it?"

"Sevenish? You're up early."

"I am still tired, but I also feel anxious. My body is almost vibrating but my head is wanting that pillow. I don't like this feeling."

"It's ok Starling, you want to try and walk it off? Get your blood flowing? You probably need some food too. Sit down here, I will go get you something. I have leftovers upstairs, just a sec."

He hurried upstairs and I wondered if now was the time. He heated the food and I felt butterflies circling in my stomach. After he sat down, I got up and got out two cups, one of them had the crushed pills in the bottom. I poured us both some iced tea and handed him the glass.

He grinned and took it, then took a sip before setting it down. "Eat up Little One. It'll help to get food on your stomach," he said distractedly, still texting.

"Thank you, it looks good. You talking to someone or working?" I asked, taking a drink of my tea.

"Working. Scheduling app on my phone, working the new guy in. Hey, your espy thing, does it have a name?"

"What? You mean Etsy? Yeah, it's Starling Night Designs."

"That's cute. Clever. I hope you have some Starry Night stuff?"

"I have some epoxy paintings I do that mimic it. Do you have to work tomorrow?"

"Not really, just stuff I can do from here."

"So I can keep you up late?" I teased.

He lowered his phone and looked at me with his sexy smirk. "You keep talking, I'll have to spank that little ass," he said, his voice low.

"Oh, spank me daddy," I shot back, giving him back a heated look. He dropped the phone and stood up, his eyes going glazed with want. I forestalled him quickly. "Let me eat first! And finish my tea. I think I will need my energy tonight. You too," I smirked, gesturing at his cup. He downed it in three gulps and set the glass down hard, watching me eat. I ate slow, with small, teasing bites. "Maybe you should go wait for me in bed," I said, biting my lip. "Get undressed. Maybe get those cuffs out?"

He made a growling noise low in his throat and began pulling off his clothes before pulling out the cuffs He attached them to the bedpost and turned to watch me, his eyes bright with want, his cock hard and ready.

I slid the plate back and stood up, pulling my clothes off slowly. I pushed him down on the bed and I could see the fog starting to come over him. His eyes fluttering. I kissed along his jaw, then his mouth, sucking on his piercings like I wanted to do.

When I pulled back, he was asleep. I jostled him a little, but he was completely out. I jumped up and picked up his pants, pulling out his keys. I had to go to the bathroom mirror to unlock the collar and I stood there looking at myself after I got it off.

This was what I wanted. I wanted away. I wanted to be free.

Free.

I put the collar in his hand and then I hurried and unlocked the door, running up the stairs.

Davey:

My alarm was blaring obnoxiously, but I was so tired it couldn't be time to get up yet. I blinked and lifted my head, but I felt askew. My feet were on the floor, my knees bent over the edge of the bed. I sat up and moved my hands and stared down at the open collar that fell from my hand when I moved it. For a moment, I didn't comprehend. I looked up and the door was wide open.

She was gone. She had drugged me and fled. My heart shattered, then fear crept in, followed by rage. She had lied to me! She had completely played me!

I stood and yanked my pants on, my mind racing. Should I take off? How long had she been gone? Did she call the cops? Go to them? Who had she told?

I staggered up the stairs, trying to think. I got a glass of water from the kitchen and slammed it, then started towards my room. I froze when I hit the living room.

She was there. Sitting in my recliner with my phone, staring at me, her expression blank.

"What is this?" I demanded warily.

"Proof," she said standing. "I wanted freedom. Freedom to make my own choices. I knew you'd never trust me, not really. So. Proof."

I moved to her slowly, looking down at her in one of my t-shirts and my pajama pants. I put my hands on her face and realized I was trembling.

"I called my parents, let them know I was fine. Told them I took off with a friend to Vegas and went all out for my birthday. I also called the cops and told them the message on the kindle store book comment section was a hoax and I was fine. One of your ex employees being a dick and remembering that they had come in asking about me. I told them the same story. A friend and I went to Vegas on the bus and I didn't realize my purse had been stolen until we got there. 21st, birthday, I was tipsy. So, Davey. You are no longer stuck with me. You are a free man and I have no intention of ever telling anyone what happened."

I made a noise of disagreement and pulled her up to kiss her. She kissed me back, full of heat and passion just like before. I pulled back and picked her up. "You aren't going anywhere," I whispered, then carried her to my bedroom.

To our bedroom.