AI Era: Bots are People Too

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Uh, um, Marie, what?"

"I have a special project," Marie said, "we'll be redirecting a big chunk of the marketing budget to it, Viv. But that doesn't mean you won't have an even bigger role going forward."

Viv edged more tightly against Lachlan but tried to make it not obvious. He stood loosely but accepted the pressure against his left side and sipped the iced tea as his left hand put light pressure on her lower back. She relaxed at the touch. She glanced and saw Felicia had adopted Wyman's professionally friendly smile as they sat and sipped. The futabot was good. But neither betrayed any more comprehension than she had.

"Before we get to that, how about introducing me around?" Marie's gaze was directed at Viv as she spoke before she softened her expression.

Viv quickly bit her lower lip then nudged herself away from her support. "Marie Madshow, Harriot Hospitality's senior vice-president for development, and my boss's boss's boss. This is Lachlan."

Marie's smile broadened and she stepped forward, Lachlan switched his glass to his left hand and their right hands shook. Viv watched Marie's analytical expression as they did so. She again tamped down the anger when a flash of lust was added. They released their hands and Marie's smile returned to Viv.

"This is Wyman Wilson, he's---."

"You work with him at the sex shows," Marie interjected as she walked quickly, "don't get up, handsome."

They shook hands.

"And you're Felicia, the Futa Food super-chef," Marie shook the futabot's hand, "I love those shows. I tried to cook that vegan terrine, but it didn't look anywhere as good as yours. I hope I can try one of yours."

Felicia smiled. "Maybe."

Viv was more surprised than angry at the repeated flash of lust on Marie's face. At the FUTABOT? This woman... and, Felicia?

"Would you like a coffee or iced tea, Marie? Some soft drinks in there too, high caffeine. Nerd fuel!" Felicia waved an arm at the fridge.

"No, thank you, Felicia sweetie," Marie said.

Viv was happy she'd only had a protein bar. Anything more would've likely been blasted across the commercial carpet that was a couple of steps above basic quality.

"Marie," Viv said after another moment of calming her gut, the older woman looked at her with a friendly expression, "what's this about? Why are you here? And why are you taking my budget?"

Any reply was preempted by Nada leading a parade into the room from the side door. A male bot in tight and thin slacks and a shirt with enough open buttons to show defined pecs was flanked by two female bots in micro dresses with deep vees that exposed the swells of breasts that matched Kaitlyn's but didn't quite challenge Felicia's moved to stand each side of him. Behind the bots, Petra's eyes had settled but still betrayed stress. Anton and Jase poked their heads through the door but stayed there.

"Ah, perfect timing, Nada," Marie said before she turned to look at Viv and nodded her head at the new arrivals.

Viv scanned across the new bots, then noticed Lachlan and Felicia trade a glance. She knew they were bots, but they lacked that hitch Kaitlyn's generation had and their skin was the medical miracle. The male bot's skin and features reminded Viv of so many of the Latinos who lived in the area. The fembots were a study in contrast, one with Aleisha's beautiful ebony skin, the other a redhead with pale skin that reminded her of Sue. Was Nada trying to replicate Margaret's crew?

"Hello, Marie, good to see you again," Viv squinted at Nada's greeting, "you've been introduced around?"

"Yes, thank you, Viv's been quite the attentive hostess."

"Good. Well, this is Hannah, Claudio and Kayla, this is Marie Madshow," Nada indicated them from left to right. Viv watched them all then glanced at Lachlan then Felicia.

It wasn't frustration on the latter two's faces, but something flashed. Oh. It was concentration. Viv had watched Lachlan play multiple VR opponents or have chat sex or other deals. But it was only now that she realized his expression was so... human. That look of someone being on a call with their earbud that no one else could hear.

By the time Viv studied Lachlan and flashed a look at Felicia, she knew the futabot had the same look. They both morphed to soft smiles that at least for Lachlan didn't indicate satisfaction. Ah. It'd been his face when she'd worked back to him working out her new and improved diet. Concentration. A problem. Viv had the feeling it was the same for the futa. Her body might be weird as fuck, but her brain, her brains, seemed to be like Lachlan's.

Viv looked at the new bots. Had Nada copied Wyman's expressions? They had that smile of professional welcome, but definitely lacked something. Their smiles increased as Marie upped the welcome to hugs and actual, quick kisses with each.

Viv sympathized at Petra's near descent into panic again but Marie offered her and her two assistants only a quick nod. Nada tapped her wrist and adopted the vacant phone call look. Viv took the opportunity and said in a low but forceful volume.

"Marie," her somewhere above boss looked at her with a slight head tilt, "what... the... fuck... are you doing?"

Marie's response was much calmer than Viv expected. Maybe she hadn't just flushed her job down the shitter. The older woman held up an index finger to ask patience and nodded.

"Ok, folks," Nada said, "Kaitlyn said the caterers are here. We'll all head over to the other side."

"Good," Marie said, "before we do that, I'll answer Viv's question. I've taken most of her budget because we're going to buy and deploy Nada's bots as companions at a bunch of our upscale resorts."

Viv's mouth simply moved in a silent 'what?' She looked at Lachlan. "Did you know about this?"

"No, sweetheart."

"But before we sign the papers, we, all of us," Marie did a half spin with her arms out, "are going to Castleland tomorrow. I want to see all of them in action. And, Viv."

She looked at her few levels up boss.

"I'll want you to be in charge of proper training, Viv, I've seen what you can do. Not only last night but also at the sex shows. I guess you didn't notice me at the last couple."

"You were there?" Viv wished her brain was at full power or else completely shut down. Viv had joked about allowing customers to book a bot along with a room. Nada had laughed but had seemed to disavow interest in such. She seemed to want her bots in more personal situations. Was this her idea... or was the money just too good?

And Marie? At the shows? Viv had never advertised her 'second' life, but she'd not hidden it. She'd told people her plans when she'd arranged her 'first' life work schedule. Most of them tended to use pseudonyms but the shows were plastered all over social media so anyone who knew them by sight would see plenty.

"Just another pervert buying strap-ons and crotchless panties," Marie said brightly, "but one other thing I need from you."

"What's that, boss?" Viv caught Petra's eye, the programmer's mood seemed to lighten at the imitation of the tone she used with Nada. Then she and Marie looked at each other.

"Before we all go to Castleland tomorrow, I want you and your boy there," Viv didn't like the definite lust in the older woman's voice, "to take me to that bar of yours. The two of you can make me the center of the sandwich."

Wyman and Felicia stood and walked past their table. He broke the silence as Viv and Marie looked at each other.

"Well," eyes went him, "that Ass Pirates ride is gonna be wild! Now. We gonna eat lunch? Or we saving it for dinner?"

Viv suddenly understood what Petra felt like when she'd crashed. But she wasn't sure anyone could reboot her.

*****

I hope you enjoyed this story. As mentioned, Viv, Gina, Rachel, Sue and more were introduced in Sex, Toys & Video: A Tale and Sex, Toys & Bots: A Valentine's Tale, both of which are set in the shared universe with my Mel's Universe tales, which are all listed on my profile page. Simply click on my author's PennameWombat's stories at the top or bottom of this or any page if you'd like to explore the stories around some of the folks mentioned here.

Thanks again for reading and I hope this is worth a perfect -- but honest -- rating.

1...5678910